• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

the official 'pets and drugs' thread

DnkHrb5

Ex-Bluelighter
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST: this thread is NOT to post about giving your animals drugs or related topics. If any posts are about giving drugs to animals you will be warned and if it continues, given an infraction. Be smart, DO NOT GIVE DRUGS TO ANIMALS -thizzer

I named my cat Mary Jane specifically for this reason. I used to be the biggest pothead and I would get my cat high everday. I think she got addicted to it.
Today I while I was freebasing, I think I might have gotten her high on coke...which explains her tweeking out on me.
I also think my cat is addicted to nicotine. When I'm out of smokes my cat and I will sit here going crazy (she cries and shit like that) then as soon as I light a cig I notice she's sitting there completely calm.
So...what do you people think of this? I know you get your pets high...Do you think they get addicted to this shit like we do???

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm no doctor, but I would guess this kind of thing cant be good for a small animals health. I have never done it, and I wouldn't do it intentionally.

My friend had an akita. Its great dane mixed with some japanese dog. Fucking huge. It was such a little bitch when it was a puppy (and when i say puppy, i mean like 4 feet tall!). It would bite people and tackle chicks and hump their legs. It used to piss us off when wed smoke. So...
We used to take huge ass bong rips, hold him down, and blow them down his throat! Hah! He hated it! Made hm chill tho,.

I don't think deliberately getting animals high is OK. Its just you (the pet owner) deciding that your animal would like to enjoy getting high on whatever. Its not a decision thats often made in the animals best interest, I think. I wonder if often drugs being given to pets are more for the novelty / amusement of those who delivered the substance to the animal.
I lived ina sharhouse, which included a little puppy. One day, our beautiful little girl picked up a tiny little block of hash, which had been unwittingly dropped on the floor. It was quite high quality hash, but we had no idea that she had eaten it (it wasn't our hash).
Our 12 week old pup just all of a sudden "greened" out, and couldn't move for about 12 hours. Her breathing was irregular, and she was totally un-rousable. Shortly thereafter, a friend rang and asked if we'd found his block of hash that he dropped on our carpet.
We called a vets surgery, who explained that she'd be OK, just woozy for a day or so after.
Interstingly, after this incident, our pup would come running into the lounge room if people were smoking in there, and she'd go searching around the carpet for it. She learnt what was in the little bowls, and one day ate a quantity of cannabis straight out of a bowl, left on the carpet. Again, she was completely out of it for about 12 hours (off a tiny amount of regular bush buds), and wasn't fully back to normal for another 12 hours.
It wasn't really pleasant seeing her like this. Even though it appeared that she then started to seek out cannabis, the effects it had on her were pretty scary from the owners point of view.
First time it happend, we thought she as gonna die. Not good at all.
I've also had friends who's guinea pigs learnt to stick their heads in a smouldering bong, after someone had had a cone. The piggies apparently took this up on their own, and eventually, started screaming out if someone was smoking inside, when the piggies were out the back in the grass.
Bizarre.
But really, I just don't think its worth risking your pets health for something like a drug experience.
I have heard of animals who live with cigarette smokers become addicted to the passive smoking. My grandmas poodle would literally cuddle right up under her chin while she'd have a cig. He was really obviously addicted to the nicotine.
Leave Fido alone! And don't give coke to cats :(
[ 22 December 2002: Message edited by: Flexistentialist ]

i heard that to get a dog or cat (i supppose) high, you'd have to blow the smoke into their ear. anyone hear this?
i don't know if getting animals high is a good idea or not. i've seen dogs that do like smoke and i've seen dogs that really really don't.
but who are we to say weather it's good or not, we do it ourselves don't we? ;)
-jen

what you gotta do is get a big bong with a fairly large air chamber. Put your animal in the chamber and fill the whole thing up with dark yellow smoke. Let it cool for a while and then toke it. Then Take the animal out. If it is still alive it should be very happy, and very relaxed.

One time I was missing 3 grams out of my coke stash. Well 3 days later I find the empty baggies under the kitchen table ripped apart... explained why the dog was acting so weird 2 days before hand.
That dog also licked up some spilt GBL that was on the table (less than .5cc) and was pretty trashed.

With a stretch, three perhaps relevant stories...
...about Patch. This cat had a natural taste for mull. If you left your stash in the house, the cat would sniff it out and eat it all. She became a very expensive animal to have around.
... a guy walked into the house and announced he had just swapped his MG convertible for this big block of hash. After smoking countless cones we were completely straight and wondering what this shit was. It smelt and tasted like hash. We called up a friend with a great dane who hated the smell of dope/hash, and would back away at the slightest whiff of it. When given this "hash" he greedily ate it up, indicating it wasn't hash at all. The dude complained to the dealer, and he said bring it ALL back you can have your car back. Needless to say he wasn't interested in a dog shit balance ;)
...in a recent post in Aus DD I mentioned possum hunters in NZ during the 70's. At one point they tried to lobby for the legilisation of cannabis for trapping. It was common for possums to eat a crop (they love pot, I mean love it) and trappers found that possums which had eaten dope then lay on their backs with their feet in the air and offered no resistance to being picked up by the legs.
For that very same reason, growers in many NZ areas have to resort to building cages around their patches just to keep the possums out!!

I have a cat that used to like to smoke pot. I would never force a pet to do any drug ever!!!!!! Id like to get that strait. But my Sal, hesthe shit!
Me and my friend used to smoke in my driveway in our cars all the time. Sal would always harrass us, by jumping on the roof and staring down at us.
Then he'd demand to come in the car and would walk around sit abd chill & watch us. So then finaly I asked him. Yes asked him, if he wanted to try it. Im not crazy this cat understands 100% of what you say to him. With a look that said ok to me i picked him up and blew my hit slowly into his face.
At first he thought it was cig. smoke (he hates that) and he pulled away for a sec. then he stopped and actully started to suck it in! I was laughing my ass off! we smoked until his eyes looked worse then any stoner Ive seen, lol. Then it was time to go in. I didnt want him to be outside high, but the little shit got away!
When he finaly decided to come inside. He fucked with me by meowing at the front door, Id go open it, No cat? Then hed go to the back door, same thing- no cat! He did this about 3 more times till I busted him an got him. I then took him to bed and he slept like a baby with me all nite!
I love this fuckng cat, poor thing just got bit on his ear by something! pretty bad too :( ..

Originally posted by PREMIUMUNLEADED:
So then finaly I asked him. Yes asked him, if he wanted to try it. Im not crazy this cat understands 100% of what you say to him. With a look that said ok to me i picked him up and blew my hit slowly into his face.

I hear that some cats really do enjoy a bit o' the wacky tabacky.
I have also heard that some dogs enjoy beer with their masters.
2768.jpg

I have known a couple of dogs that loved beer and would jump on your lap if you were smoking weed, and stick their head up to your mouth. Thinking my own dog was deprived, I blew a hit in his face to see what he thought. Although it was one hit, he is a ten pound dog. 20 minutes later, he was paseing around my room crazily and generally tweaking out. Ever since then, he runs and hides if he smells ganja, poor doggy. I think it depends on the animal, like it depends on the person. I wouldn't get another animal high unless it was obvious that they wanted me too.

To date, mf'ers, my turtle had done mdma, lsd, 5-meo-dipt, alcohol (if he drinks the beer we have him), crack cocaine, and crystal meth.
Possibly the most fucked up turtle in the history of our world.
-j.

I think that blowing smoke in an animals face, for their health its like the equivalent (sp) of taking a big huff of raid for a human. In other words, the only reason they get fucked up off of it is because its like a poison to them. Not sure tho how exactly harmful it is. its just not nice.

my cat jumps up on the couch and stares at the bong when i smoke, i think he has been smoked out alot by my roomates.. ive blown clouds at him and seen him sniff and snort, but i don't know for sure if he gets a buzz or not. in anycase he doesn't mind, and id assume a mild pot high would be as equally enjoyable to animals as people..

OMG... u reminded me.
When I was younger my parents threw wild 4th of july bashs, and one year it started to poor & thunder real bad, so everyone scrambled in the house.
Next thing we know my neighbors dog is out there eating all the food and drinking ALOT of alcohol!He was having the time of his life. Then all of a sudden he couldnt walk strait and he was falling over, so my mom had to call his owners.
She said could you please come get your dog hes drunk, lol. He wasnt sick, he slept for like 24 hours though..
It was just so funny, he loved that beer!

my little scottish terrier is SUCH a chill dog and she loves to smoke the bluntz with me :p
she does nothing but chill all day anyway, this helps her do it even better :)
whenever im burning she will actually come running and ill lay on the ground at her level so she can get in on the smoke if she wants it (and she always does)

I too have heard that the best way to get a dog high is to blow the smoke it their ear. I personally think it's wrong. Animals don't have even close to the same understanding of what certain substances will do to them. One minute they're fine and the next their world is completely different. It probably scares them. They don't have a voice to tell you weither or not they want it so why waste the drugs? Full grown dogs have the same mentality of a 4 year-old, so I see it as the same as giving it to a child.

Up til I moved my cat would sleep next to my door when I smoke and once I forgot to cover the crack at the bottom and when I opened the door he tried to get up and well, it was interesting. He looked drunk. About 2 days later he found my bong and knocked it over and drank the water, not all of it but enough to reek of weed. Now I have to keep my stash in a can cuz if I leave it in a bag he rips it open...but recently he managed to dig into my bag and pull out my stash can. I caught him trying to pry it open and I got clawed when I took it(he's an interesting lil cat) So I'm thinking he's a lil bit of a weed head now.
And when I was little my mom used to get the cats drunk. Now I dunno about you but I was 5 and I barely remember shit from 2 weeks ago but I remember my mom gave one of our cats some wine and he was one angry drunk lol