Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Summer Mushroom season !

whip

Bluelighter
Well it's about time for the first fruits of the season. Next nice patch of rain :) and i'm headin out for a nice long hunt.

Be on the lookout for Psilocybe Cubensis/Subcubensis and Copelandia Cyanescens both will be fruiting in subtropical areas. Please send in pics if you have sucess(i'm pretty sure this is allowed on this forum correct me if i'm wrong mods !) But keep locastions to yourself don't wanna break the rules :)

Mmmm. Psilocybe cubensis! May have to go on a search myself. The holidays would be complete if I could find any!

Man, with the weather we been getting down here in Vic lately i've been thinking about going and innoculating a few cow pasture with P. Cubensis, we could have mushies all year 'round!

Hardicus said:
Damn you northern folk! DAMN YOOOOOUUUU!!!!

Yeah, but just wait till Melbourne's winter.

Then we'll see who's laughing.

23849100_1484-med.jpg

(From my gallery) =D

Can anyone recommend any good literature I can buy for mushroom hunting in Vic - Melb specifically. I have decided that this will be my new hobby.

Sorry about that jealous outburst.

Now, back on topic...

quietroar- Paul Stamets- Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World is the seminal text on the matter IMO, the best resource you can get.

There were thousands of them in the paddocks over the last few days..good rain..plenty cowshit..warm weather equals shitloads of goldies.

I do advise however that people looking be very careful when trespassing on others properties looking for shrooms without permission. The straight cow cock farmers around here will take your numberplate at the minimum...or worse as they dont like "druggies" walking around there property.
The not so straight cow folk around here also generally take a dim view of mushy hunters..as we tend to value our privacy!!
If you know someone that will let you look thru their paddocks then thats cool...otherwise i recommend against jumping fences.

Ps mushies are a great experience..but take it slowly..they have a habit of biting the inexperienced/over ambitious..i have seen more than a few casualties over the years here on the Nth Coast.

Cheers

MD

Thanks all.

With all this info I'll have to start reading now to be ready when the season commences.

Last edited:
Microdotted said:
The not so straight cow folk around here also generally take a dim view of mushy hunters..as we tend to value our privacy...

...and our mushies.

psilocybin mushroom identification and related text list - australian

over the winter i compiled a list of field identification books that is geared to australian species. psilocybin mushroom identification and related text list - australian. hope you find it useful and please add any texts you feel are relevant :)

edit: didn't see whips post :) please add any references tho, it would be good to get a large list.

Last edited:
..yes well we dont mind the odd trip...but i repeat...there are a lot of people around here who will take a dim view of mushy hunters.....myself included.

Come on my property and you'll certainly meet my dogs....

The reasons for my harsh views are many years of having people wandering my property looking for shrooms...would you allow people to walk around your house you didn't know or invite. I have children and am quite protective of them....so just remember you are tresspassing when you jump that fence...and on the nth coast you could buy yourself a whole world of trouble.

Sorry for the rant..but this issue really pisses me off..year in year out.

MD

Suggestions:

Firstly, given the festive season is upon us, a warning seems in order.

If you are having trouble finding psilocybin containing mushrooms, could it be because this is to be your first encounter with them? If so then please read extensively about the subject if you haven't already. There are some great Bluelight threads on this forum and in others such as trip reports.
Mushee Neebees, please remember the potential with Magic Mushrooms. Learn and know how to identify similar and dangerous species' in your area, and if you do locate what you're after, apply the more is less rule until you have established how strong they are and how well you tolerate the more uncomfortable parts of the trip. Compared to MDMA, there are many IMHO, although I don't want to infer either is necessarily a better drug than the other.

That being said, now some more practical tips.

Dress appropriately and drive a respectable car. A couple looks better than a car full of anxious guys.

Look for a north east facing, short grassed, gentle slope with grazing cows. Unless situated in an obviously private and little used access, approach the nearest farm house and ask the farmer if he knows anywhere you might find mushrooms (normal, don't mention magic!!). Most farmers who have goldtops (Queensland/NSW) know about them, and will warn you, usually with few anecdotes to go with it. NEVER admit knowing anything about them, other than perhaps the odd media story etc. The good farmer may then even point you to the best paddocks. But you'll know that where there are cows, optimum conditions for fungi growth are just that. Where there's one, there's often the other...

Apart from perhaps this pinch of initial dishonesty, be respectful in every other way. Pick some normal mushrooms if possible, and go back and say thanks, showing him the regulars you found. Ask him if it's alright to come back if the weather is better (he may do stock rotations and tell you to ask first). Don't go sneaking back at the crack of dawn, or desperately search at night with a torch or headlights. Most of all, don't tell your mates where your location is. Do it right, and no harm should come to anyone.
21.gif

hahahahahah check out the cow farms up central queensland..... oh my fucking god! 8o 8o 8o :) :D =D