Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

i found these pills rite....

melburn_madness

Bluelighter
ok they are call stemetil i came across them early 1 morning after i got home from some rave, i needed something to get me to sleep, BIRD cherping, sun shining, :( :X so i was looking 4 any pill with a 'do not drive while under the influence of yada yada' sticker.

The chemical name for it is "Prochlorperazine" and i came arcoss this from erowid -

" 5.11 Although cannabis itself is illegal, certain cannabinoids are in current use in UK medicine, within the law. Cannabinoids have anti_nausea effects, and have been used clinically to suppress the nausea and vomiting associated with chemotherapy in cancer patients. This is the only medical indication for which adequate data from controlled clinical trials exist, mostly from studies in the 1970s with pure THC and the synthetic cannabinoid nabilone, an analogue of THC, which were found to be as effective as prochlorperazine and other anti_nausea agents available at the time."

So these pills have THC in them?
Sweeeeet! :D

Which brings me to my next question - what are these pills actucally taken for?
Would it make me sick if i took a few more than the stick says?
They are 5mg is that a strong or low dose?

Thanks 2 anyone who can help =D

No, Prochlorperazine is not THC nor any sort of cannabinoid compound. It is a phyenothiazine used as an antipsychotic with anti-emetic properties.

I would think very carefully before deciding this is a suitable rec drug, or even as a sedative after other drugs, as it is contra-indicated with several classes of drug, including barbituates, which have been known to evoke seizures when used with Prochlorperazine

cbook.cgi

Prochlorperazine

thc.gif

Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)

As p_d says, this drug is used to treat nausea. It can be sedating, and sure it will help you sleep after stimulants due to it's dopamine blocking effects (ie:it will bring you down) but as p_d pointed out there are risks in doing so. I think I'd rather struggle to sleep than take Stemetil.

If you go to your local pharmacist there are any number of non prescription pills that can be purchased to aid in getting to sleep.

Your reasoning leaves a lot to be desired- i dont think you should rifle through medicine cabinets in search of chems you don't understand. Listen to phase_dancer he's a really smart guy- he can help you!

In the OtherDrugs forum they banned Pill ID information requests, because of people posting threads saying "I found xxxx pill in my Grandma's medicine cabinet, can I get fucked up on it??>?"... let's hope we don't have to go to that length here. Many times on this forum links to sites like www.rxlist.com have been posted which allow you to identify a huge variety of pharmaceutical drugs, which give links to full prescribing, dosing, overdose and contraindication information. That database is chock full of helpful information to let you identify an unknown drug.

Alternatively, a simple call to the Poisons Information centre (which should be listed in the front of the phone book) should allow you to get the information you need. If they won't give Pill ID's (probably for the same reason the OD Forum don't) then you could imagine a younger person accidentally took a few and you were scared to know whether to take them to a Dr... but anyway it's a possibility for more information.

BigTrancer :)

ok thanks alot for your help, i have tried over the counter sleeping pills, they dont cut it, but my whole life i have had sleeping problems... Normally i get valium 5mg, 2 of them after a big nite gets me 2 sleep fine :)

A year or two ago my drug of choice was about 1 point of speed, and 1 pill, and then 1 prozac which will last me for the night, but when I get home my heart is still banging and I can feel my blood pressure up so I prefer anti-psychotics (like chlorpromazine) to benzo's because I find chlorpromazine lowers my blood pressure more than benzos. Chlorpromazine is a dopamine blocker and a alpha adrenic blocker, ( www.mentalhealth.com ) which controls blood pressure.

I find that when I get home and take benzos like Valium or Nominson they put me to sleep for a few hours but then I wake up with my heart pounding and a small pain in my temples from the high blood pressure, and I have to jump up and start moving around to get rid of the pain in my temples. Not a good feeling.

I do not smoke dope anymore which I have read somewhere is an adrenaline blocker, so I guess smoking lots of cones/joints will lower the heart rate somewhat.

The best drug to get is Labetalol which is an alpha and beta blocker (non select). Alpha adrenaic controls blood pressure, and beta adrenic controls heart rate and output, so it really counteracts the physical effects of speed.

I have also tried Atenolol which is a selective beta blocker and that does the job as well, and is better for asthmatics because it does not affect the lungs.

One time I mistakenly ate a strong space cake near the end of a rave, and once it kicked in, just as the rave finished I was tripping off my dial, (I have a very low tolerance) and as none of my friends were tripping (they were comming down) I was not really enjoying tripping by myself, so when I got home I took Respiradone, an anti-psychotic, that blocks 5HT2 and dopamine and alpha1, and it totally straighted me up and made me feel totally 'normal' and calm and relaxed and clear headed. I was VERY happy because I know how long space cakes last.

Respiradone also stop trips so is very handy if someone is having a bad trip on LSD, but you got to convince them to take it first which can be hard if they are having a bad trip. I think in hospitals they give Respiradone to people who come in tripping too hard.

Last edited:
Alarm bells are ringing dr beat!

I find that when I get home and take benzos like Valium or Nominson they put me to sleep for a few hours but then I wake up with my heart pounding and a small pain in my temples from the high blood pressure, and I have to jump up and start moving around to get rid of the pain in my temples. Not a good feeling.

I felt urged to reply to your comments Dr beat. Whatever your current situation of preference and practice, please try avoid anything which promotes such extremes of BP and heart rate. Easier said than done perhaps, but if you are experiencing symptoms which you describe, then sooner or later, depending upon how high is high - in other words, where the bursting point is for you - heart or blood vessels will give way. We may all inadvertently from time to time find we require something to reduce BP, expand arteries and reduce heart rate, but this should be a rare if ever situation. If you can't relax by simply willing yourself to relax, then IMO you should address your substance intake. Please think carefully bout this.

The idea is to not elevate or exacerbate BP in the first place. Find the "right" dosage that both satisfies your desire for consciousness alteration, yet minimally upsets these important mechanisms. Pre-existing conditions are common in deaths involving MDMA related infarctions, so check out your family history!

If you haven't already, you might like to think of purchasing a handheld BP/ HR monitor. Practice lowering your BP by thought when straight. You should know the techniques with your b/ground, or at least know where to look them up.

I do not smoke dope anymore which I have read somewhere is an adrenaline blocker, so I guess smoking lots of cones/joints will lower the heart rate somewhat.

Dope will increase heart rate initially, so this is not advised, particularly if it's no longer common practice, as this effect tends to be much greater..

The best drug to get is Labetalol which is an alpha and beta blocker (non select). Alpha adrenaic controls blood pressure, and beta adrenic controls heart rate and output, so it really counteracts the physical effects of speed.

Although alpha receptors indirectly affect blood pressure, their primary actions (from binding with agonists) usually result in contraction or constriction :

Alpha 1 adrenoreceptors found throughout the body, and the various affects of agonist binding

• BLOOD VESSEL and BRONCHI; Constriction
  • GI, SPHINCTERS, UTERUS, BLADDER SPHINCTER, SEMINAL TRACT, IRIS; Contraction
  • LIVER; Glycogenlyosis
  • SALIVARY GLANDS; K+ release

Alpha 2 adrenoreceptors found throughout the body, and the various affects of agonist binding

• BLOOD VESSEL and BRONCHI; Constriction
  • GI TRACT; Relax (presynaptic effect)
  • PANCREATIC ISLETS; Decrease in Insulin secretion
  • ADRENERGIC AND CHOLINERGIC NERVE TERMINALS; Decreased release
  • PLATLETS; Aggregation

Taken from Pharmacology; Rang Dale and Ritter 2001