PDA

View Full Version : Klonopin; How long to kick in?

Pages : [1] 2

vicodelicious
17-12-2003, 14:17
1.) I have a huge quantity of 2mg generic Clonazepam tablets. I was wondering how long its takes for them to kick into full effect. I have heard 1-2 hours. THat seems like a lot too me??? Is this ture??

2.) Also, is Klonopin a good benzo to mix well with hydrocdone?? When do you suggest taking the K=pins, b/c hydrocodone kicks in in about 30 min where as K-Pins seen to take and hour or too.

3.) What about Xanax? I have a large quantity of 2mg Xanax bars. Do these go better then Hdydrocodone than with Klonopins?? And if so, when should I tale the Xan?? before or after the hydro??

sorry about the confusing questions.... D8( 8) ;)

Thanks for any help.

- V D8( 8) ;)

aloowishus
17-12-2003, 15:06
IMO i think your going to have to work out what works best for you,and you sound as if you have enough to do this:)...,although i'm sure someone will come up with some sort of regime that hit the spot for them,based on nscientific evidence etc.

As for Clonazepam taking so long to work,well i can't say i've ever noticed any difference in the come-on length of any benzo's(well maybe5 or 10 min) but clonazepam is one of the few benzos i don't have a great deal of experience with.

I took 2mg Alprazalom 20minutes ago and i'm already feeling relaxed:)

meowmix
17-12-2003, 19:01
Xanax kicks in much, much quicker than klonopin. Klonopin does take around 1-2 hours for full effects, whereas xanax is about 15-25 minutes.

Negro-kitty
17-12-2003, 19:57
Klonopin takes much longer than other benzos to kick in. Definitely 1-2 hours, usually 2 hrs for me.

vetchick
17-12-2003, 21:54
Klonopin can be absorbed sublingually under the tongue for faster results. It is also is less likely to cause a lethal overdose when used on it's own and is water soluable. I routinely take 15-20mg of hydro with 1mg klonopin. Or 2 K's and 10 hydro with a beer. Now Xanax, use with caution when your mixing. It's fine to take with hydro, just not large amounts because of resp. problems. And if you double up on the pills, lay off the booze. Long live hydro...

K'dOUTinAZ
17-12-2003, 23:24
Originally posted by vetchick
Klonopin can be absorbed sublingually under the tongue for faster results. It is also is less likely to cause a lethal overdose when used on it's own and is water soluable. I routinely take 15-20mg of hydro with 1mg klonopin. Or 2 K's and 10 hydro with a beer. Now Xanax, use with caution when your mixing. It's fine to take with hydro, just not large amounts because of resp. problems. And if you double up on the pills, lay off the booze. Long live hydro...

Klonopin IS NOT water soluable! Also clonazepam takes roughly an hour and a half, give or take some, to kick in at full effects.

edarrin
18-12-2003, 02:03
Yes clonazapam sort of creeps up on you. It also has a much longer half-life. Xanax are absorped much faster and have a much shorter half-life.

The Opioid Receptor
18-12-2003, 14:40
To me, a xanax works better for a short term effect, so take it with your Hydrocodone, but believe me, it's not going to kill you to take a Klonapin with it, and the K will be working hours and hours after you take it, So you can take another narco and still have the Klonipin working in your system.. I'd take both.

And as far as overdosing, as mentioned above, I do not know anyone who has od'd off of klonipin, I took 10 2mg tabs in one night, and did not overdose, and was drinking with them. Did not remember much the next morning, but I did wake up.

I personally like clonazepam over xanax, because I get such a much longer relaxation effect, But I too usually have both on hand, and do it like I told you. Pain pill with xanax, and then sometime with in an hour or so I take a clonazepam and stay relaxed all day!! but that's just me.

Clonazaman
18-12-2003, 22:50
Some benzos, like codeine, rely on their metabolite for the effect. This probably is the case with clonazapam.Swallow the pill(s) and wait till you feel them.In the interest of saving bandwidth.

K'dOUTinAZ
18-12-2003, 23:40
Originally posted by Clonazaman
Some benzos, like codeine, rely on their metabolite for the effect. This probably is the case with clonazapam.Swallow the pill(s) and wait till you feel them.In the interest of saving bandwidth.

Please don't give out blatonly false information such as 'codeine is a benzodiazepine'. Codeine is an opioid.

vicodelicious
19-12-2003, 02:46
Originally posted by Clonazaman

You are a complete moron. Nothing you said made sense.... 8)

Please do yourself, and everyone else a favor and leave this msg board, before you give false info and kill someone... ignorance 8( 8)

Tri-nity
19-12-2003, 03:35
yep,
ignorance can be deadly around here......

Clonazaman
19-12-2003, 03:40
Originally posted by vicodelicious
You are a complete moron. Nothing you said made sense.... 8)

Please do yourself, and everyone else a favor and leave this msg board, before you give false info and kill someone... ignorance 8( 8)

Some benzos, rely on their metabolite for the effect, like Codeine does for it's effect. Two different beasts.You can read whatever you want into my reply, but I never said codeine was a benzo.Sorry , got in a hurry and worded that fucker wrong. Can't slip one over on you guys.

I think I will stick around though, since if I am a moron, I fit in rather well here.

K'dOUTinAZ
19-12-2003, 05:31
Look at what you are posting before you submit. Absolutley no benzodiazepine rely on their metabolite to take effect. Please refrain from calling us morons because as far as we are concerned, the only moron here is the one who posts inaccurate information.

FI Division Kingpin
19-12-2003, 17:30
I wonder does body weight playa apart because I took two klonapins an walked around with a big smile on my face

Clonazaman
20-12-2003, 04:16
Originally posted by K'dOUTinAZ
Look at what you are posting before you submit. Absolutley no benzodiazepine rely on their metabolite to take effect. Please refrain from calling us morons because as far as we are concerned, the only moron here is the one who posts inaccurate information.

Then why are some metabolites considered 'active' while the rest are
considered 'inactive'? Because some metabolites are active and some are not? All I know is that some benzodiazepines take effect fast, some faster, some not as fast. Some last 3 hours, others can last 72 hours. I am
refering to this in the manner my doctor explained it to me, sorry that
I am not effectively conveying this information.

K'dOUTinAZ
20-12-2003, 05:20
The active metabolite for clonazepam is clonazepam, the active metabolite for diazepam is diazepam, the active metabolite for lorazepam is lorazepam...get the point? Codeine metabolizes into morphine at higher doses, yes, but codeine is not a benzodiazepine.

jak1357
20-12-2003, 07:20
alright to correct all u morons out their:
xanax: the shortest acting / half life benzo (meaning u can feel the full effect 30-60 mins after taking
Klonopin: a medium acting benzo, meaning it has a half life longer than xanax but shorter than valium, normally can feel the effects about an hour after taking

Valium: the longest acting benzo outa the 3, meaning it will take a good 90 mins too feel the fulls effects, however if u take a good 50mg's at night and wake up the next morning and smoke some herb, you will get relaxed again :)

btw ive taken each of the above drugs at least 50 times EACH recreactional, and im on 1.5mg's of klonopin a day and 15mg's of valium a day, perscribed ;)

K'dOUTinAZ
20-12-2003, 08:10
Originally posted by jak1357
alright to correct all u morons out their:
xanax: the shortest acting / half life benzo (meaning u can feel the full effect 30-60 mins after taking
Klonopin: a medium acting benzo, meaning it has a half life longer than xanax but shorter than valium, normally can feel the effects about an hour after taking

Valium: the longest acting benzo outa the 3, meaning it will take a good 90 mins too feel the fulls effects, however if u take a good 50mg's at night and wake up the next morning and smoke some herb, you will get relaxed again :)

btw ive taken each of the above drugs at least 50 times EACH recreactional, and im on 1.5mg's of klonopin a day and 15mg's of valium a day, perscribed ;)

What morons are you correcting? Are you reading imaginary posts or something? You corrected nothing and just displayed some information that you pulled out your ass. I mean, your information is correct but why did you bring that up? Nobody was talking about half-life or duration but what the hell, why not...

Half-life of clonazepam (Klonopin)- 19-60 hours
Peak plasma level- 1-3 hours
Yes clonazepam is a medium acting benzodiazepine.

Oxinated
20-12-2003, 08:20
I wouldn't shoot Klonopin in a sling. And for the rest of you hillbillies...............ffffrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrppppp pppppp.....smell it!

geetered
21-12-2003, 04:58
1. 1.5hrs for me too get full effects
2. all benzo's go good with opiates
3. xanax does go better with hydrocodone

TheTruth
21-12-2003, 06:28
so is there no point in taking clonazepam sublingually? is it equally as effective as taking orally (just swallowing the pill)?

raoulduke
13-12-2004, 06:16
Sublingual is better. I cursh the pill up put the powder in a teaspoon and place it directily underneath my tounge for 10-15 minutes i would guess. All it does is make it kick in tiny little bit sooner, but the full buzz still comes in 2 hr, it's just the little bit of it that your cappilaries absorbed that hits you faster..which is a small amount of the entire amount.

TheTruth
13-12-2004, 06:27
yeah i already knew that... i didnt wait a year to get that answered ;)

uumpaloompa
13-12-2004, 06:39
thanks raoulduke, you brought up a year old thread everyone already knows the answer to. what the fuck you smokin tonight!?

vicodelicious
13-12-2004, 08:42
Wow this thread is old. This was when I had massive quantities of pharmaceuticals... ahhh thoes were the days...

inimical
13-12-2004, 10:18
i'm probably the only idiot here who has shot k-pins :\

vicodelicious
13-12-2004, 10:37
^^The tablets? And if so, did you get any positive results?

chinchy
13-12-2004, 11:34
easy there killer with all the benzos... Klonopin IMO can fuck you up... i mean its not to bad if your taking 2 mg a day for a couple weeks then stop but if your muching shitloads of these pills you will be a walking zombie not knowing what the fuck you are doing...You won't remember what happend 1 minute ago. with klonopin sometimes you don't realize how fucked up you are until someone says dude you look wasted... i'm sure you know about the withdrawals from these as well... xanax can sometimes ruin your hydro buzz because it will knock you out to sleep... you'll wake up feeling good but i like being up and about kinda speedy with the correct dose. Maybe try 30-60 mgs hydro(don't know your tolerance) with 1 mg or even .5 of xanax to test it out... same with the klonopin... I just don't like people fucking up their lives with this shit hence this post. Its incredible how widely these benzos are avaible.. and moron credit card can get a lifetime supply of benzos.. sad.... oh well........... good luck man..... sorry to preach just trying to help out

TheTruth
13-12-2004, 20:21
well, its not really "helping out" when the original poster posts here one year later saying he doesnt have any of those drugs left. maybe if someone else reads it? i dunno..

K'dOUTinAZ
13-12-2004, 20:38
Thanx for the delight of bringing this from the dead for my reading pleasure :\

chinchy
14-12-2004, 18:45
ooops i guess you can call me a space cadet

karloff123
14-12-2004, 23:54
Xanax, k, Valium....all good stuff....can't we all just get along?

smiley68
18-12-2004, 06:48
welp i needed this thread actually...my first time munchin on some k-pins i had 4 lil green round one. got me kinda fucked up wit some nitrous. not really the high i like i am more of a psychodelic fan. but i just at these about 1 1/2 half hourago....feellin agith but the nitrous helps a lot hit about 6 hits in a roll a min ago and welp i definately went outta my mind lol...so anywhere ever sit and tripped on bluelight

i are spectre
05-01-2005, 19:36
k'd, clonazaman didnbt say codeine is a benzo if you read carefully. he also said metabolites have an effect as well (like codeine does as clonazaman was saying), which also right. i dont think calling him a moron was very nice you guys (not just you k'd). especially when he's right, just to let ya'll know.

K'dOUTinAZ
05-01-2005, 20:14
The active metabolite for clonazepam is clonazepam, the active metabolite for diazepam is diazepam, the active metabolite for lorazepam is lorazepam...get the point? Codeine metabolizes into morphine at higher doses, yes, but codeine is not a benzodiazepine.

As you can see, I wasn't as "educated" in those days and not as "tame" as I am these days. That was a year and some ago. Diazepam's active metabolite is not diazepam 8) A few of diazepam's active metabolites include temazepam, oxazepam, and desmethyldiazepam just to name a few. Lorazepam and clonazepam don't have any active metabolites though. So, as you can see...I have learned a lot since then....

" the active metabolite for lorazepam is lorazepam" LOL, what was I thinking

psychotiKK
15-02-2005, 09:46
Originally posted by meowmix
Xanax kicks in much, much quicker than klonopin. Klonopin does take around 1-2 hours for full effects, whereas xanax is about 15-25 minutes.

lol. Xanax definately doesn't peak at 15-25 minutes. More like 1-2 hours.

Mrdummy
17-03-2005, 00:27
Klons are real nice :D

chokingvictim
17-03-2005, 00:32
^^ thanks for bumping an old thread and adding nothing to it. :)

vicodelicious
17-03-2005, 03:04
Yeah nice work MrDummy. The name suits you well.

Mu Kappa Delta
17-03-2005, 05:47
fuck, this topic is hilarious

17-03-2005, 06:02
What morons are you correcting? Are you reading imaginary posts or something? You corrected nothing and just displayed some information that you pulled out your ass. I mean, your information is correct but why did you bring that up? Nobody was talking about half-life or duration but what the hell, why not...

Half-life of clonazepam (Klonopin)- 19-60 hours
Peak plasma level- 1-3 hours
Yes clonazepam is a medium acting benzodiazepine.

I've never gotten the half lifes, I mean I understand what they are and everything, but what are the conditions for the shorter-longer durations?

tramagesty
22-09-2005, 05:26
Please don't give out blatonly false information such as 'codeine is a benzodiazepine'. Codeine is an opioid.
Actually, codeinte is an opiate. (as are all naturalluy accureing alkaloids in the poppy. Opioids refer to those that are semi or fully synthetic. (just technichal crap. Please take no offense.

tramagesty
22-09-2005, 05:29
As you can see, I wasn't as "educated" in those days and not as "tame" as I am these days. That was a year and some ago. Diazepam's active metabolite is not diazepam 8) A few of diazepam's active metabolites include temazepam, oxazepam, and desmethyldiazepam just to name a few. Lorazepam and clonazepam don't have any active metabolites though. So, as you can see...I have learned a lot since then....

" the active metabolite for lorazepam is lorazepam" LOL, what was I thinking
You forgot nordiazapam...:D

BLeeK
22-09-2005, 06:36
im sure you have had your answer long since i read your post but I take kpins on occasion (once a week or so) and find they kick in round the 20 minute mark for me, I mean i never time it but I never noticed them taking 2 hours, then again my tolerance level is low so that may be a issue...

mentaldent
22-09-2005, 06:57
Good to see K'dOUT is still in our midst; educated or tame.

johnnyb420
22-09-2005, 07:15
i have not seen kdout around here for quite a while but yes he knows a lot about drugs i wonder if he ever comes around and lurks or if he is even around at all

~*TomFo0Lery*~
22-09-2005, 08:05
I always take my prescribed k-pins sublingually -n- find I feel relief from my condition (anxiety/panic) within around 20 mins thru this route if u hold it under your tongue "tightly" -n- until it completely dissolves. (I find that that, while keeping ur tongue clamped down on it tightly while sorta sucking/squeezing it under there but with keeping the substance from "leaking" out from under if u can get that..) As for feeling it's "full" effect, it does, like most of yall have said, takes around 1-2 hours to reach it's "peak" so to speak. Sublingual administration can vary depending on one's technique (as silly as that may sound since it really is quite simple but I guess yall feels me....).

MrDummy#1
20-05-2006, 01:08
I just get SOOO tired even with only 3 mgs at once.. :(

I usually take 1mg 3 times a day, but It takes me 10 mins to feel a little effect but after one hour or so I am sleeeeeeppppppppppyyyyyyyy

I like the feeling just wish they did not make me so damn LAZY :(

Idi0tequ3
20-05-2006, 01:25
clonazepam and hydrocodone <3
it kicks in for me really fast, usualy within a half hour or earlier. Clonazepam is my favorite benzo by far