Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Panic attacks and 1.4B/GHB

hugs_all_round

Bluelighter
A friend of mine suffers from severe panic attacks from etensive speed and ecstasy use over a period of 5 years.

She has stopped taking these drugs and she is currently on Zoloft and Valium.

She has been taking 1,4B to get to sleep as she is having trouble sleeping and wants to know if 1,4B affects your dopamine levels as well as she's not getting that g'd up feeling and is getting a panic attack afterwards.

Hopefully someone understand the full effect of panic disorder as these are not just anxiety driven symptoms. These panic attacks also carry physical effects.

She has started seeing a psychiatrist so she is getting help.

Only positive and helpful feedback would be appreciate thanks.

Last edited:
i think 1,4B does affect ur dopamine levels.

my bf says that it releases a hit of dopamine after about 4 hours...thats why u wake up after a while if u've fallen asleep on it.

i'm not 100% sure on this. ask Sllip.

G (all types: NaGHB, 1,4b, etc) stops the release of dopamine for about 3 hours (per dose) and then most people experience a "dopamine rush" at or around this 3hr mark. (this is also why most people wake up after about 3hrs if they have 'G-ed out')

If your friends anxiety attacks are related to MDxx and amphetamine use, then I would strongly suggest that they stop using 1,4b immediately as this can not be helping their situation.

Maxi

as a side note: using it to get to sleep can lead to addiction and if you speak to anyone who has been unfortunate enough to be addicted to 1,4b they'll tell you it is one of the worst substances to be addicted to.

best luck to your friend... and please make sure they tell their psychiatrist everything in regards to their previous & current drug use.

^^ Word to that Maxi. 1,4-B/GHB withdrawal sounds like a harrowing experience... It's up there with methamphetamine and heroin.

syntech, that is correct. The "dopamine rush" accounts for users feeling quite good the next day/waking up the in the middle of the night. Seeing as your friend has damaged her dopamine system, it seems stimulation (the dopamine rush) produces panic attacks... I strongly recommend you advise her to stop using 1,4-B as a sleeping aid.

:)

These panic attacks also carry physical effects.
Panic attacks by their definition have a number of physical effects, see criteria for panic attacks. If your friend is already taking Valium, couldn't she discuss using this for sleep with her Dr? Valium is effective as a hypnotic, or there are many other hypnotics she could also take that wouldn't cause this rebound anxiety (at least, not in the short term).

thanx for the help guys. My friend is on several medications and is at a point where she has realised the severity of her condition and is taking the appropriate steps to improve herself. I see this being a long journey for her and those close to her...