PDA

View Full Version : DXM and Alcohol ???

stoopid
01-10-2002, 14:20
Hey...
I'm planning a DXM session with a very experienced Psychedelic and Alcohol user, and was wondering if it would be a good idea to drink while on DXM for the first time... even at all?
My geuss is No, however i have a DXM experienced freind who usualy drinks a little alcohol with it and has no probs... also would shrooms be advisable?
Another query is how much DXM should my freind have... he wieghs aprox 110kg, would he require the usual 300mg of powder or more? Also do women require less?
Anybody with any info, please reply :)

PuristLove
01-10-2002, 14:42
Transferring to Drug Basics

lattrommi
01-10-2002, 20:42
i recomend against it, although i've only had one experiment with cough syrup and booze. i had approximately 450mgs of dxm via agent lemon extraction, and i used two skyy blue beers to wash it down. about ten minutes later i was vomiting uncontrollably for about ten minutes and i've never vomited on dxm alone, even when i took approx. 1800mgs.

JerryBlunted
01-10-2002, 23:32
[quote]Originally posted by lattrommi:
i recomend against it, although i've only had one experiment with cough syrup and booze. i had approximately 450mgs of dxm via agent lemon extraction, and i used two skyy blue beers to wash it down. about ten minutes later i was vomiting uncontrollably for about ten minutes and i've never vomited on dxm alone, even when i took approx. 1800mgs.
Uhhh, just to clarify you mean Skyy Blue drinks right? Last I checked they did not make beer, but rather those "hard lemonade" type of things. There is a big difference, but it probably only matters to an Irishman like myself.

KiwiDevil
02-10-2002, 00:03
Im not an experianced user of DXM, having only tried it once. But from, what i've read, weed is the best thing to combine with it.
Apparently, it heightens the senses and can give you good visuals.
I'd be guessing alcohol wouldn't be that great cos the drunk feeling is very similar to being on the 2nd plateu (i can't spell for shit!)

adolescentasimba
02-10-2002, 00:47
I would reccomend against the alcohol...dxm is disorientating enough by itself. Also if you're taking a large amount of dxm alcohol can induce vomiting.
As far as shrooms are concerned, I'd reccomend against them as well, at least for your first time. It's easy to have a bad trip on dxm, and adding other drugs might raise your anxiety level especially if you feel out of control.

Sleeping_Door_Mouse
02-10-2002, 00:57
DXM is quite confusing on its own, so you may not even need the alc. However, weed DEFINETLY boosts the feel, i can tell you that from multitudes of experience.
However, i personally have vomited 2 times from DXM intake, out of at least 60 -70 experiences.
the first was from too much cough syrup taste in my mouth, so no worrys there.
The second was from smoking some kind ass buds in the back of my friends Saab on the way to the 4th of july. Was really insane. I puked out the window, but only for about 2 minutes, then i felt AMAZINGLY messed up.
From experience, throwing up only lasts a short period of time, but, in my travels, help get you quite messed up, and it takes away a good bit of the nausea some people get.
Also, females dont do too well with this from my experiences.
One close friend of mine puked her guts out from the nausea along with the fact that she was not that experienced.
Not having any experience, the effects of DXM really scared her silly. Make sure to keep first timers relaxed or that could happen.
I personally weight approx. 140 lbs., and for me, an experienced drinker and tripper, it too approx.
360 mg. to get me totally bombed. The most i have experience with however, is around 480 mg, which was one hell of an experience.
Just make sure you dont eat any really heavy meals before going if you are worried about throwing up. If you arent too worried, then take ur stuff and have a good time.

dan0125
02-10-2002, 01:18
My only experience with DXM was 711mg combined with a 6pack of beer. I was rather disappointed because it seemed like the DXM made me feel 5 times more drunk than a 6pack alone could do. (I'm 5'11, 260lbs). I didn't get the usual DXM effects. For clarification, I consumed the DXM after the 6pack.
edit - I've used DXM about 10 times myself, what I meant in the original post is that I was refering to my only experience with DXM+Alcohol.
[ 03 October 2002: Message edited by: dan0125 ]

WussPunkSUX
02-10-2002, 02:36
DXM and alcohol is one of my favorite drug combos. I remember once during the summer me and my buddies all did 8 oz of Robo and had 6 or so beers, and smoked pot. I was "dancing" like mad. It felt as if I was a psychadelic octopus riding a rollercoaster.
Actually, we coined that term- riding the coaster, from alcohol/pot/DXM. It's the only way we can describe the wonderful feeling!

stoopid
02-10-2002, 06:40
Thanx all... I've used DXM about 10 times, only tripping hard on one occasion (the use of Nitrous being a good catalyst(?))
I think i'll have a go with the shrooms, but i geuss the shroom may cause some neusea which could be bad for the DX...
But as far as alcohol is concerened i may as well tell me freind to leave it for a time when he has more experience....
:)

FunkayRavin
02-10-2002, 11:11
i took about 275mg of dxm after i was decently drunk. the alcohol STRONGLY intensified the dxm. generally 275mg would be a cocktease at best, but this got me seriously fucked. just fucked, not as good as a high dose dxm trip, just tore back :D
i say avoid it, if you wanna be higher, smoke some weed, or take more dxm.

mw.stoner
03-10-2002, 03:10
I've personally never added alcohol to my DXM trips because DXM is intense enough as it is. But, I did have some crazy friends who would do high doses of DXM (700mg+) and then down a bunch of vodka. One of my friends told me the day after that his vision got to the point where everything swirled together, and he could not see at all.
Mostly, this will just get you REALLY REALLY drunk, and dexing on top of it.
I don't recommend it.
- THE midwest stoner

FunkayRavin
03-10-2002, 10:03
theres a theory that a small amount of alcohol can prevent braindamage... i read the theory, and it *kinda* seemed reasonable. it was like, one drink tho, not getting piss drunk and dxm'ing