• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Marinol

WickedFlames

Bluelighter
Marinol.

I am only just now discovering the facts of this synthetic drug our government has produced.
My thoughts...
Marinol is the governments way of diverting the fact that pot actually has inherant theraputic prospects.

"to prove god infallible, is to end all existance" is our government trying to play god with us?

I have been trying to find information on this "stuff" and much to my dismay, I have not found the answers I am looking for. The internet is too flooded with pharmacies trying to cash in. Frustraited with my results, I have decided to bring the topic to BL. Can anyone enlighten me as to how this is any better than the medicine "nature" has provided us. Are there any marinol users out there that can attest this products value.

Last edited:
Bah, this no theory my friend. It has been known for years that pot is a valuable medicine. Funding has been halted for research and the plant has been rendered illgal. I guess I am merely venting my frustrations. I stood in line at a pharmacy today while an elderly man was refused his 'precription' medication for his wife who had been afflicted w/ cancer. HMO's. gotta love 'em. The attention given to research is in synthetics, not cannibus.
My question remains, are there any people who have taken/take marinol and what are the results? Does this product have any theraputic value?

Last edited:
As far as I know, Marinol has no rec value. You do not get "high" from it. From what I understand it does give you the munchie feeling but that's about it.

Most people I know who have a medicnal need for THC opt for the home grown hydo stuff rather than a pill.

Jay

haha some dealer one day was talking about how he got marinol pills from his uncle who has a prescription, he was saying how they put you up on cloud 9 better than oxycontin ever could. im like yep mmmmmhhhhhm

It definitely has some recreational effects. 2 had me quite stoned. And when you smoke with it, oh my god.....

Wickedflames- maroinol is a prescription medicine prescribed simply to help users trying to get off thier marijuana use. i know it sounds rediculous, but some people actually need help quitting pot. well, that's what this pill is for. they still get a little thc in thier system, just enough so they get some effects, and don't feel the need to smoke.

hope that helps.

tony-its given mostly to cancer patients. my mom has it and got it for cancer, i dont think its given much to people addicted to pot...but i could be wrong

As far as I know, Marinol has no rec value. You do not get "high" from it. From what I understand it does give you the munchie feeling but that's about it.

Are you insane? One of my schoolyard teachers had a prescription for marinol back in 8th grade and that shit FUCKED me up more than any opiate or strain of pot ever did. But I do hear that it isn't consistant, for some people it does nothing sometimes and at others they won't even be able to dress themselves.

marinol does have rec value, while i never took it i knew people who had and based on the rarity of it were offering me large amounts of money for some...but im a good person and said no, and that drugs are bad, and that pigs can fly.

there are sites that sell marinol. how many 2.5 mg pills would it take to get high?

eh

a friend of mine scored 2 huge bottles of the stuff, we all took about 15 a piece and it did practically nothing but make me real, real hungry.
Quite a let down. Stick with the real stuff.

I've taken 60mg of Marinol and it just made me tired.:\

When I smoked some weed with it, it was pretty good.

Information found at the official Marinol website, which is manufactured by United Pharmaceuticals.

These are by and large direct quotes, although the quotes are not necessarily in this order, just so you know should you head to that website.

Marinol is indicated for the treatment of anorexia associate with weight loss in patients with AIDS and for the treatment of refractory nausea and vomitting associated with cancer chemotherapy. It is classified as a Schedule III drug. Marinol provides standardized THC concentrations, does not contain the 400 uncharacterized substances found in smoke marijuana, such as carcinogens or fungal spores, and is not associated with the quick high of smoked marijuana.

Used for recovering pot addicts??

Dronabinol, the active ingredient in Marinol, is synthethic delta-9-THC-. Delta-9-THC is also a naturally occuring component of Cannabis satvia L.

Thus it seems it is very close to 100% THC.

A cannabinoid related "high" (easy laughing, elation, and heightened awareness) has been reported by some patients receiving Marinol.

Marinol is adminstered orally in capsule form and is manufactured in measured doses of either 2.5mg, 5mg, or 10mg. The recommended starting dose for anorexia associated with weight loss due to AIDS is 2.5mg, twice-a-day, before lunch and supper. Cancer patients are presecribed 30mg or so on days of chemotherapy

From other things I've read, meaning I haven't done it, a problem with marinol is that it is too strong. Users sometimes become excessively tired and coma-like and sometimes have psychedelic experiences.

As for use by a normal person, I think it's just too expensive. Assuming a THC concentration of 10% in grown cannibas, and with 1oz =28.25 grams, it would take 70 10mg pills to equal the same amount in 1/4 oz. I think that would run you about $650.

Personally, I have doubts about legalization. With products like this, big corporate america can maintain control and make some bucks, while trying to maintain a tight leash on those trying to grow their own, which for all practical purposes, can be pretty close to free.

Information found at the official Marinol website, which is manufactured by United Pharmaceuticals.

These are by and large direct quotes, although the quotes are not necessarily in this order, just so you know should you head to that website.

Marinol is indicated for the treatment of anorexia associate with weight loss in patients with AIDS and for the treatment of refractory nausea and vomitting associated with cancer chemotherapy. It is classified as a Schedule III drug. Marinol provides standardized THC concentrations, does not contain the 400 uncharacterized substances found in smoke marijuana, such as carcinogens or fungal spores, and is not associated with the quick high of smoked marijuana.

Used for recovering pot addicts??

Dronabinol, the active ingredient in Marinol, is synthethic delta-9-THC-. Delta-9-THC is also a naturally occuring component of Cannabis satvia L.

Thus it seems it is very close to 100% THC.

A cannabinoid related "high" (easy laughing, elation, and heightened awareness) has been reported by some patients receiving Marinol.

Marinol is adminstered orally in capsule form and is manufactured in measured doses of either 2.5mg, 5mg, or 10mg. The recommended starting dose for anorexia associated with weight loss due to AIDS is 2.5mg, twice-a-day, before lunch and supper. Cancer patients are presecribed 30mg or so on days of chemotherapy

From other things I've read, meaning I haven't done it, a problem with marinol is that it is too strong. Users sometimes become excessively tired and coma-like and sometimes have psychedelic experiences.

As for use by a normal person, I think it's just too expensive. Assuming a THC concentration of 10% in grown cannibas, and with 1oz =28.25 grams, it would take 70 10mg pills to equal the same amount in 1/4 oz. I think that would run you about $650.

Personally, I have doubts about legalization. With products like this, big corporate america can maintain control and make some bucks, while trying to maintain a tight leash on those trying to grow their own, which for all practical purposes, can be pretty close to free.

Marinol definitely has recreational value. I have taken four pills before and got a really nice feeling. However, it is a common misconception to think that just because it is THC, that it is going to feel like smoking or eating Cannabis. There are different Cannabinoids in Cannabis that cause it's psychoactive effects.

Heh, I'll clear this up. Marinol is NEVER, EVER used for people addicted to pot. NEVER. (edit: Unless they are a cancer patient addicted to it =p)

I'll let you know soon. I'm in a clinical trial studying the effects of Marinol as an anti-depressant. This study begins in a couple of weeks, so if you're interested send me your email and I'll be glad to reply when the study has begun.