• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

slamming benadryl?

endless

Bluelighter
I met a dude the other day that says he used to inject diphenhydramine. I was always curious about this, because I have taken them orally in low doses for a long time, and am able to cop a strange kind of buzz when they hit. Does anyone have experience with this? Can you mix the contents of the gelcaps with water and shoot? Any rush?

If you want harm reduction, I suggest to the mods to close this thread.

Harm reduction... diphenhydramine comes in injectible solution and is given intravenously for all kinds of things from allergic reactions to insomnia... I'm asking if there's a rush from the quick onset, and I'm asking if there's a problem with binders etc. in the gelcaps... anyone actually know their shit?

Shooting a pill is not a good idea. If you end up deciding IV/IM is the way to go then get the drug in a form intended for injection. As for a rush I can only guess. Benadryl has never given me a buzz just the need to lay down and sleep.

^^^ think that about covered it all.. just looked to see if he was actually talking about benadryl or was I just reading it wrong or somthing..

Antihistamines that are safe to use run along the lines of DXP or benadryl for injection. What you buy in the supermarket is not suitable for injection, even if you cold water filter. Find something better to shoot. If your gonna be screwing with your veins, at least make it something worth while.

Alot of times dipenhydramine is used as a cut with heroin, and im sure ppl have shot it up with the heroin. Just a note...

Yes, I have actually injected 100mg of benadryl tablets during opiate withdrawal. There is definate "rush", but i cant really catagorize it as euphoric. Ive also had benadyl made for injection, and the results were the same. It didnt get me high, but it did have some effect on my central nervous system. I only injected the tablets once, and shot the injection version a couple times to potentiate opiates. I dont consider it a fun thing to do, but there is a rush, and sedation.

negrogesic.. I have heard before that benadryl would actually help the potentiate of opiates. Which ones does this help the most with.. and about how much would you need to take?

I am of the opinion that the "antihistimines potentiate opiates" theory is bullshit. I know exactly how it got started... when they inject you with demerol (the shittiest of opioids) in the hospital, they give you an injection of phenergan (a strong antihistimine) because they believe it potentiates it. They always tell the patient this too, so the placebo effect can take place. It makes the doctors feel better about underprescribing the pain meds, and the worst part is, the IM shot of phenergan (the only save way to administer it) is typically more painful than the pain the opiate is being administered to relieve. I always refuse phenergan shots (and demerol...). I've taken phenergan pills (and benadryl) with hydrocodone and it does nothing. Actually I take that back, if you are prone to opiate itch, it can help moderately with that. But don't expect it to turn 5mg of any given opiate into 10mg. Not gonna happen. Sorry.

^^^^I also believe anti-histamines arent great potentiators of opiates, but phenergan is not a typical anti-histamine (like benadryl), it is also a dopamine antagonist, which means it has additive sedative effects when mixed with an opiate. Nevertheless, i have taken phenergan orally in attempts to potentiate opiates, and never found it that effective. And yes, I believe doctors administer phenergan with demerol (yes, a shitty drug) to make it less enjoyable, and essentially ruin whatever high you might get from meperidine on its own.

Like i've always said, the best way to potentiate opiates, is to take more. But real potentiators that i've found effective (much more than anti-histamines) are drugs that effect the NDMA receptors, like ketamine or even proglumide. DXM is in this catagory, but i dont like it as a potentiator, its not very potent and it affects the nature of the high. Ketamine also changes the nature of the high, but is far more effective than DXM. I used to shoot oxycodone and ketamine IV in the same syringe, and there was some powerfull synergy. Usually oxycodone and ketamine on their own arent too sedative (unless ketamine in anaesthetic doses), but when combined, it leads to a strong, euphoric nod. Quinine and quinidine, also work pretty well (500mg-750mg of quinine works well), it helps opiates cross the blood brain barrier.

I never get phenergan with my demerol shots.. I usually get a 100-150 mg shot when I go, but my PCP has told the local hospital to give me the shot in this manner.. this is probably not the norm but this little shit hole town doesn't always have a real MD on duty, usually a ARNP, so they call your PCP and he tells them what to give you.. I usually decide my dose by telling them how much I'm hurting... but I do not do this allot, cause he has already sent me to pain management and he knows that I get allot of med's every month.. but it's nice to get a 150mg shot of demerol to go along with the med's I'm already taking when I really get to hurting.. but demerol on it's own doesn't do shit for me.

OK, I did the nutmeg thing a couple of times, but shooting up benadryl? I would just take the pills, if you really want to get high on this. I tried dramamine before (I'm pretty sure it's the same ingredient) and experienced hallucinations and a sort of "rush" that was actually kind of unpleasant, nothing euphoric at all. I would at least try taking it that way first, since I didn't like the high very much.

Please take a step back in your life, and examine what you are doing. Look at the things that are maybe going wrong in life. Injecting dramamine, nutmeg?? Cmon guys, you must know this is not shit to be doing. Shit, acid, shrooms, whatev, but resorting to this stuff, you guys have a problem. It makes me sad, it really does what kids are doing nowadays:(

Well, nutmeg is a hell of alot cheaper and easier to get than acid or shrooms. I haven't seen acid in years and with the ammounts I would take to get a full blown trip the shrooms (when and if I found them) would end up costing me over $50, which is ridiculous. Also you won't go to jail for it, which is something worth considering.

BTW, I hope you are not assuming I injected the nutmeg! I doubt there is serious health risks from it, and I would probably do it again, except that eating nutmeg is the most horrible thing I've ever had to choke down and it hurts my stomache for about 2 hours. The high was actually pretty decent, although different than anything I've ever had and difficult to describe.

I have injected Dormin (a common H cut) and felt a stomach flip and than about 2-3 hours later I was comfortabley sleeping for 20 min spurts.

Heroin cut with dormin, anti-hystamines (sp?), or other sleeping meds do have the nice added effect of making the high a little bit sleepier and a heavier noD...

I know you didnt inject nutmeg, Im not fucking stupid. But these thigns are so fucking stupid to be doing, it defies all logic. And if it takes you 50 dollars to get fucked up on shrooms, you are getting jacked worse than, nothing actually. you would be getting jacked worse than anyone or thing i have ever encountered.

i believe endless asked a specifc question on injecting diphenhydramine...

it doesn't sound smart to inject a diphenhydramine pill, just like any pill. but there are vials made specifically for IV injection. i had a weird allergic reaction once and was given a 25mg IV shot over a period of about 5-10 minutes. i asked the nurse why it was given so slowly and she said that it would hurt the veins at any faster rate. i believed her because i could definitely feel it in my veins (not a burn, but very cold) stronger than anything else that's gone through my veins, even at such a slow rate.

if you try it, go slowly, but i personally wouldn't try it. it's diphenhydramine. why do you think a shitty drug is going to magically have a good rush when it's taken IV?

If not for medical necessity, doing so for recreational purposes is one of the most uncomfortable things I could think of in this catagory.