• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pre roll enhancer?

yeah I am tryin it this weekend...........u will find a whole thread in ecstasy discussion.

On a similar line......BT would u know if Mylanta would be basically the same???..meaning likely to achieve the same results???

My chemist didnt have any MOM but suggested I tried Mylanta.

No I haven't heard of it being used, but it will certainly affect the pH in your stomach. If you took it early enough before MDMA so that it was completely neutralised, but not long enough for any acid rebound to occur, it should dramatically affect absorption which could result in a super fast come on.

As neutralisation of Mg(OH)2 occurs rapidly and completely in the stomach, it is unlikely plasma and urinary pH would be dramatically affected, unlike the bicarbonate ion which has a more pronounced affect both in the stomach and compartmentally. This is because the ion can diffuse the stomach wall and it takes longer to restore the pH imbalance. Therefore Milk of Magnesia would not be expected to prolong the duration of the effect as does a urinary alkalizer

PLEASE NOTE: Any substance which may cause increased or rapid absorption of a drug should be used with care. Plasma levels will rise very quickly, and physiological responses such as temperature increases can be significant. Be careful%)

Last edited:
phase_dancer said:
Mylanta will have a similar affect and be slightly longer lasting.

Thanks PD..........what sort of dose would you recomend and how long before dropping????

At a guess I'd say around 20mins before. Many people say that an extra alkali environment increases absorption, but I'm a little skeptical as too alkali an environment would liberate the freebase which is not water soluble.

As mentioned on the E discussion thread, alkalizing is an old trick and one which has been addressed many times on this forum. Be aware that it definitely increases toxicity as plasma levels peak at a higher level even if the duration is not increased.

Mylanta and Mylanta-II are rated differently. Std Mylanta has 200mg each of Al(OH)3 and Mg(OH)2 per 5ml dose. This should be enough.

Also Remember Al(OH)3 forms insoluble compounds which are constipating. Aluminium in this form also reacts with many drugs, not least amines and proteins.

It may be a lot better to stick with magnesium hydroxide if you're intent on trying to up the absorption rate.

Last edited:
Good info PD :D One further thing I'd mention is that if you're taking something containing magnesium, it can be beneficial to help to reduce jaw cramping and lessen the intensity of teeth grinding that MDMA can cause. Even if it doesn't greatly improve your drug absorption or the roll, easing up the jaw can really make a difference.

BigTrancer :)

how about grapefruit juice?

i could b way off but im sure i saw something on telly a while ago about about how it can increase the effects of drugs 10 fold but also shorten the duration?

anyone got the facts?

Not complete crap though.....

Grapefruit

An urban legend maybe, but not not true ;)

From mine and others experiences it doesn't have much of an effect though. Depends what drug your combining it with though.

Grapefruit works (slightly) because it inhibits the action of P450 3A4 enzyme in the liver, which is secondarily responsible for metabolising MDMA. However, 3A4 is not nearly as important in the metabolism of MDMA as is the enzyme 2D6... so the grapefruit doesn't do all that much to increase the duration or intensity of MDMA. IMO it does work a little though.

how would drugs such as Zantac (ranitidine hydrochloride) in combination with MoM help? which I believe stops you from producing stomach acids.

Not getting past grade 8 chem, i have no idea on the implications.

Can anyone comment?

Be Safe

I've used proton pump inhibitors like Nexium before (which are used to combat indigestion) before and after MDMA without ill effects in the past, but I don't take them often.

Hmmm.
So if I take a multitude of Mylanta does that mean I could risk/benefit from a superfast come on?
I'm slightly confused?
What about at normal doses?

A normal dose will be sufficient to alter pH in the stomach to ~8-9 for a period. Almost ideal for quick assimilation, providing the Al3+ doesn't react with the amine in the presence of enzymes. For that reason it may be better to stick with the MoM. With the public views/fears towards aluminium I'd be very surprised if Milk of Magnesia wasn't still available. Check around, or ask your Grandmother.

Re: Zantac and MDMA, there was a post in Health Q & A (now purged alas) about a person who took Zantac regularly, and one night took 2 pills. She then experienced what sounded like a minor MDMA overdose. Her friend who had taken 2 pills was fine. If I remember rightly, she was hallucinating, vomiting, dizzy and had trouble walking etc.

I found one article that stated Zantac was an inhibitor of CYP2D6. As BT stated, this is the enzyme that does most of the metabolising of MDMA, and if you inhibit its action, MDMA will be metabolised more slowly leading to increased blood levels. Other sources stated however that Zantac did not inhibit CYP2D6, including the manufacturer. Which left me a bit perplexed. Perhaps the acid neutralising effect of the Zantac was solely responsible for the overdose? Anyhow, her experience suggests you should proceed carefully if you plan on trying this combination. For example, don't start by taking multiple pills.

With the public views/fears towards aluminium I'd be very surprised if Milk of Magnesia wasn't still available. Check around, or ask your Grandmother.

This is typical of a non-researched response. If the poster had looked or even thought a bit, it would be quite obvious why milk of magnesia is no longer available as an ant-acid......8)

It was of course me who was that silly poster :\. Magnesium is not only absorbed through the gut at a much higher rate than aluminium, but has also been found to form protein complexes with aluminium, making the 2 potentially harmful in some preparations.

The big concern with prolonged magnesium intake is of course renal toxicity; magnesium being toxic to the kidneys (and bladder too I think?). With these sorts of stupid mistakes and suppositions, it's easy to understand any reluctance I have about posting in any "authoritative" fashion in Q & A. Basic physiology, you'd never believe it was a distinction subject [forehead slap imminent --> p_d]....:eek: