Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

NEWS: Gold Coast; Courier Mail - Police Seize Schoolies Drugs

phase_dancer

Bluelight Crew
Police seize Schoolies drugs
November 19, 2003

THOUSANDS of dollars worth of drugs, ready to be sold to teenagers during the Schoolies Festival, were seized by police in a series of dawn raids on the Gold Coast yesterday.

Stash: Senior Constable Bill Aldred displays some of the confisgated drugs.

The haul included hundreds of ecstasy pills, cocaine, LSD and four large bags of cannabis, as well as about $30,000 worth of property suspected of being funded by drug proceeds.

Twelve people were arrested and charged with 50 offences, including drug trafficking, in the final phase of a 12-month operation targeting dealers involved in the Coast's rampant ecstasy trade.

Thirty-five detectives from Brisbane and the Gold Coast carried out the raids on 25 homes.

Detective Superintendent Kev Robinson, of the state drug investigation group, said some of the drugs seized were probably destined for the streets of Surfers Paradise during the Schoolies Festival.

Yesterday's raids were the culmination of Operation Bravo Hague II, a year-long anti-ecstasy blitz.

Supt Robinson said the operation netted 60 suspects who had been charged with 187 offences including trafficking and supply and possession of dangerous drugs.
0,3600,302732,00.jpg

This has got to be one of the biggest publicity stunts you've ever seen. For a start they admit they have been targeting suppliers for 12 months, yet indicate in the title that the drugs were intended for schoolies. I'm sure a few older GC party people will also dip out :X

Also, look at the dope. Looks like immature plants to me. Perhaps intended for some desperate tourist, but more likely to be left to grow awhile yet IMO :\

I guess authorities have to be seen to be doing something. One just wonders how many kids will take G instead if they can't buy a pill. It'll be interesting to see if hospital admissions are higher than are expected. Whatever the outcome, authorities are far from being able to admit such actions may prompt more dangerous activity then popping an E. :|

Oops; here's the article

I really doubt this will do shit to supply up there. Its not gonna stop me from having a good time :)

from what i have heard the cops need to bust alot more then few hurdred pills to even scatch the Gold Coast pill industry, especialy so close to shcoolies

If they're worried about kids causing/getting into trouble at schoolies, why don't they spend money & time enforcing alcohol rules & regulations? Given my experience with schoolies, alcohol causes far more problems than other drugs...

^^^ I agree totally. Anyoen who has been to schoolies will know how many drunk idiots there are that cause problems.

From personal experience the last two years during schoolies i have found it harder to find somewhere to park at the gold coast then to find some pills. This raid will do pretty much nothing as many dealers travel up from melbourne and sydney during schoolies to make some huge profits. I love this time of the year we get a great variety of pills from all round Australia.

Agreed, I've been there the past two years as well, and this year I'm gonna be guessing that the only voilence will be alcohol/fuckwit related . I doubt the concept of "pill-induced violence" even exists.

Still, Im sure if you really pressed the issue with the cops they would admit to preferring the crowd to be on pills instead of alcohol. Of course PR is going to take priority with this osrt of stuff until the law is changed or softened.

I saw the pills in a huge bag on channel 9. They were pink coco chanels!!

phase_dancer said:
0,3600,302732,00.jpg

Also, look at the dope. Looks like immature plants to me. Perhaps intended for some desperate tourist, but more likely to be left to grow awhile yet IMO :\

Yeah, that looks shit.
Why would someone have a whole heap of leaf and stem in a bag?

phase_dancer said:

The haul included hundreds of ecstasy pills

They probably found some poor guys 8ball of coke and several tabs of lsd (notice no "hundreds of lsd tabs!" or "Kgs of coke!")

[edit - irrelevant information deleted.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: NEWS: Gold Coast; Courier Mail - Police Seize Schoolies Drugs

shorza said:
Yeah, that looks shit.

Yeah look at him wearing gloves pulling the plants out of the bags! hahaha! He's probaby smiling because he thinking of all these cookies he could make with the cannabutter that his missus might whip up for him with that crap. =D

Re: Re: NEWS: Gold Coast; Courier Mail - Police Seize Schoolies Drugs

shorza said:
Yeah, that looks shit.

That was probably left next to the garbage on garbage night, all the bud was inside. Cops forgot to check there ;)

The haul included hundreds of ecstasy pills
Yesterday's raids were the culmination of Operation Bravo Hague II, a year-long anti-ecstasy blitz
carried out the raids on 25 homes
They operation went for 12 months targetting ecstasy and they raided 25 homes; and still only managed to find "hundreds of pills"! It must have been a pretty poorly planned operation if it went for so long yet only managed to confiscate a few hundred pills.

Good old media, make it sound like they have cut the drug trade on the GC down for good, when a couple hundred pills is barely going to make a difference at this time of the year. It looks like they must have targeted the wrong 25 houses hey? :D