• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Random What good things/random acts of kindness did YOU do?

FoxyKel

Bluelighter
Today I was a brave girl.

Despite my fear of needles, I joined Club Red and donated blood for the very first time ... they sucked out 470mls in 6.09 minutes... GO ME!

What good deed did you do today?

- |{elle

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an argument with my boyfriend without raising my voice. We resolved our problem in five minutes and had no need to break shit.

i ate at long john silver's and walked out sporting their Paper Pirate hat. Atcually it was A&W Rootbeer/LJS. I just had a frosted mug, and hoola hooped.

I got up pre-midday. Apparantly that was a good deed. Doesnt feel good. Feels sleepy.

MynameisnotDeja said:
Didn't break up with my boyfriend, when he made me want to, ONCE AGAIN.

*sigh*

Great job! I made my girl want to break up with me the past few nights.... I am glad she made the same decision you did and stayed with me.

great job.

I gave some friends a ride to their houses from school, which is a good 30-45 minutes away.

I haven't raised my voice once.
I gave a co-worker a dope ass Caffeine visor.
I gave a few good track reviews on acidplanet.com.

What was the last random act of kindness you performed?

In an effort to understand myself, my strengths and weaknesses better and make tangible improvements in my health and life, I have begun to study Buddhism, and I have a recommendation for a teacher who I plan to begin studying under over the summer.

So that I can prepare for my lessons, I have begun the process (considered incredibly cheesy by some) of doing one random act of kindness per day.

Today, at the subway station on my commute, I dropped a $5 in the guitar case of an extremely talented homeless man who was doing one of the best renditions of Bob Dylan's Knockin' On Heaven's Door I've ever heard.

There is so much negativity and suffering in the world right now. I'm going through a tough time, and so are a lot of people I care about. People are being beheaded, the economy's going to shit, friends aren't getting along and so on and so forth.

I am trying to do my part to change that.

Do something nice for someone today that they don't expect. I guarantee you'll get back at least what you give, and probably more.

I stopped to help someone with a flat on the highway

This was yesterday....

Really I stopped because she was hot...but still it was a random act of kindness :D

i just try to smile at people in the halls at school. its nothing big, but it could make a huge differance in some people. :)

I used to have a goal, everyday at work make three people smile. Give someone a compliment on things they do all the time that goes unnoticed by most others, comment on their appearance in a postive way, give them encouragement on a task they've been fighting with. In some way, give any three people a moment of appreciation and/or hope - let them know they are noticed.

I don't hold to this as much anymore, my life has been particularly busy, but even when I started I asked myself "How much time does it take to make one comment to someone? Especially when a simple comment/compliment can have such a strong and postive effect on them?" I think I'll revive that practice. Thanks for the reminder.

=============

One side note to the comment above about smiling at people, is what I do. I people watch a lot. Frequently I see people that look weighed down by thoughts and issues, so I give them a smile to try and brighten their day. Sometimes, I start to wonder who is people watching me, wondering why I'm so focused, so I laugh at myself and beam out a big smile to really make them wonder. Other times, I see people happy, and I share a smile in their direction as a way to congratulate their happiness and reinforce it. Hell, you'd think I'm a fool smilling all the time, which isn't the case, but it sure doesn't hurt to smile a little more each day, whatever the reason.

I offered to fix a former friend of mine's computer (against my own wishes, I might add) only to have him bitch about how much of an asshole I am because I told him he was going to need a new RAM stick to fix his shit and the whole point of "asking me the favor" was to save him money. It is times like this when I wonder what the fucking point of going out of my way to be so nice and non-confrontational with people is when all I do is get shit on in the process.

There is so much negativity and suffering in the world right now. I'm going through a tough time, and so are a lot of people I care about. People are being beheaded, the economy's going to shit, friends aren't getting along and so on and so forth.

God, that is so true.

I am ashamed to say that i dont remember :(

Thank you for the reminder to be more conscientious of others jillian :)

I went to a cash machine the other week and before I put my card in, I noticed it was beeping. i looked at the slot, and the guy who used it previously had left a £20 note in it. Without thinking, I took the note and went running after him to give it back.

No real thanks though.

And when I got back to the cash machine to withdraw money from my own account, it refused due to lack of funds! Gutted!

I don't know why I bothered now I think about it. I live in an area where very few people would have returned the favour anyway. If I had left a £20 note in the cash machine, i know some skank would have just walked off with it.

I came into my work on my day off to help everyone out at the office and cover for a coworker who was ill.

That was damn nice. :p

About a month ago a girl walked her heavily pregnant dog to the shopping mall and it went into labour as it was tied up outside. She came outside and was frantic, the dog was crying out in pain, it seemed one of the puppies was stuck... so I rolled up my sleeves, removed my jewellery and gave the mother-to-be a helping hand with her pup.

Last week there was a blind man in the supermarket trying to find the bread and was confused, I helped him find the bakery section because the staff member he asked for assistance was extremely rude.

Why the fuck would I waste my time being nice to some random person? I mean seriously, expend energy to bring happiness to a person I don't even know. As long as I am not succeeding at doing many intentional acts of kindness towards those I do know, like my family and friends, then I will not waste any time being nice to people I don't know, nor genuinely care about.

Originally posted by goldenbrown
Why the fuck would I waste my time being nice to some random person? I mean seriously, expend energy to bring happiness to a person I don't even know. As long as I am not succeeding at doing many intentional acts of kindness towards those I do know, like my family and friends, then I will not waste any time being nice to people I don't know, nor genuinely care about.

That's more than a little sad, but sadly, probably reflects the views of many people these days.

Originally posted by -=ReD-hAzE=-
I ended a life...

... and how was this kind?