• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dexamphetamine before/after pills dangerous?

hi, i was just wondering wat the drug dexamphetamine would have on ur brain if taken before after or during a roll. dexamphetamine releases dopamine in your brain, and i have heard that wen to much dopamine gets released while lots of serotonin is being released it can cause neurotoxicity. can anyone clarify or dispell this for me?
cheers

Yes, taking speed AFTER you've taken E can cause a dopeamine rush that could cause neurotoxicity.
Of course this is all theoretical. Actually how bad it would be I do not know.
If you're worried, take the speed first, then the E later (but be prepared for the dopeamine release to stop your pills from working as well)

yeh dexies kill my high if I take them before I pop. I have no need to eat them afterwards, cause we are all scattered babbling shit at my mates place anyway.

^^^^^^^ so there really is no point taking speed before a pill cause you will be wasting a pill. I am not sure about neurotoxicity, but its better to be safe then sorry

Not sure what the above are saying.....
That speed kills a pill high?
It doesn't IMO.
If I misunderstood then please ignore LOL.
[ 21 August 2002: Message edited by: drab4 ]

but be prepared for the dopeamine release to stop your pills from working as well)
Really?
Incidentally, I think there's now some dispute as to whether it's really the dopamine release which causes neurotoxic damage, as Dancesafe claim (but I don't have anywhere near the knowledge needed to debate this either way).

I tend to decide beforehand whether I wanna meth/speed my tits off or have an MD filled blur of happiness. Only ever combined the two once, had 2 pills and 2 points of meth, can't say that anything bad happened, had a good time :)
Cheers.

Simon:
I definitely find that if I take speed before I do pills then it stops them from being quite as good as if I take them on their own.
As far as the neurotoxicity thing goes - all I've ever been told is that dopeamine damages seratonin receptors. Whether it's true or not I don't know, but it's worth bearing in mind.

In terms of recreational value, taking MDMA first and the speed (of any kind) after is the way you should go, in my experience. Your roll will be more easily affected than your speed high.
As for neurotoxicity, of course both dexamphetamine and MDMA are neurotoxic (though MDMA is much more so) -- so combining them within a short period of time will increase overall neurotoxicity. It probably isn't the best thing to do, but if you are safe and use moderate amounts of each (and drink plenty of water, etc), it's quite unlikely that you will suffer fatal consequences.

Yeah, thanks. I don't think I've ever really mixed speed and E (and if I have, always took the speed afterwards). So I never realised there was an effect on potency. Cheers. :)