• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

how exactly do I inhale?

DrShroom

Bluelighter
hell all just wondering how should I inhale to get the best effects from smoking a hash/tobaco mix joint. Up until now I've been inhaling into my throat then inhaling again to push it down to my lungs. But I've noticed that if I do this too heavily I get really light-headed and sometimes feel a mixture of stoned / sickness afterwards.

Can anyone tell me how best should I enhale the smoke which wouldn't make me feel queesy but just stoned. I don't smoke normally so the smoke is harsher on my lungs...

You may be swallowing a small amount of smoke that way - I know it happens to me and sometimes causes nausea and burping smoke clouds =D

I usually pull it off without that happening - but if this always happen you might want to try a direct inhale - just take a couple of puffs at a time. You can take several puffs on one inhale - just take a break of a second or two in between or it will get really hot and hard to inhale.

--- G.

You know how to take a deep breath into your lungs, expanding the chest and sucking air through the mouth and directly into the abdominal cavity (like a doctor would have you do).

Do that, but put your mouth around a pipe first :)

Hold it, too, as long as you can, and let it all condense and absorb.

I think you might be right about the awallowing smoke thing...when I burp I always feel better...never burped out smoke though

So basically I don't want any oxygen coming into my lungs? Just pure smoke? How many joints should I smoke this way to get stoned?

the tobacco could be making you nauseous. try smoking straight cannabis sometime.

if you're hitting a joint how you describe is the best way imo to learn. take the hit into your mouth, then inhale deeply with your mouth slightly open.

for pipes or bongs you need to use your diaphram to inhale... push you stomach out as you're inhaling and you'll notice lots of suction

dr. greenthumb said:
ive once burped up a cloud of smoke hours after i smoked.

-cyto

hours?! wouldn't the smoke settle or move out of the stomach in that time? That is scary, now I'm going to be really paraniod if I ever smoke and go somewhere important right after lol....

i burp up smoke all the time... it sometimes smells like herb, and it sometimes smells like cigarettes... then sometimes it smells like alcohol..... but the best way to inhale is exactly that, inhale... just put your lips around it and inhale till you feel your lungs fill up... after that, try to breathe in a little fresh air to sorta chase down all the smoke into your lungs... then hold it for a little bit and exhale.... and yea, try smokin straight weed.... i hate tobacco mixes, even if i do smoke cigarettes... two worlds that dont need mixed so completely

alostlittlebird, that would be your thoracic cavity, not your abdominal cavity

i would second what frizzantic said. take the tobacco out. if your not a regular tobacco smoker, itll make you nauseous.

drshroom. you said you are using a hash/tobacco mixture. there are better ways to smoke hash. do a search, itll pull up great things

after you breathe in the smoke, take another breathe of air before exhaling

this pushes the smoke down into your lungs

I am told it is healthier to breathe into the abdominal cavity and that some schools of martial arts require people to change their breathing that way to be more healthy and efficient.

My dad caught on to this through some Asian friends and pretty much made me do it - so I now breathe in and my stomache gets bigger and not my chest.

--- G.

^ many types of breathing techniques (zazen, tantien, etc) involve breathing by first expanding the abdominal, while slowly 'rolling' the expansion upwards, through the thoracic and so on. It is a much healthier practice of breathing, and is proven to increase absorption. I almost never take a hit without doing this.

At first I did deep breaths but I didn't hold in so I didn't get much...
This last time I was showed how... take a slow steady deep breath... release rushhole and keep breathing in... then take the pipe away and take a small breath, hold it in and slowly breath out.
The only problem with this was that I ended up breathing out too deeply because I had sooo much smoke in my lungs. This made me feel really nauseous.
If I can get the same effects without the half a minute or so of nausea, that would be awesome.

I once heard that THC is instantly absorbed into your lungs as soon as it hits your lungs. Does anyone know if this is true or not? I think I read that on Erowid, but I can't really remember exactly where I read it from.

I don't actually know, but I can guess that it is true. Because I got a slight high from pretty much normal breathing in... I didn't hold it in at all.
But obviously the more you hold it, the more absorption time.

wiggi said:
I once heard that THC is instantly absorbed into your lungs as soon as it hits your lungs. Does anyone know if this is true or not? I think I read that on Erowid, but I can't really remember exactly where I read it from.

There have been whole threads on this exact topic. I don't think any of them ever reached a logical solution. People just keep argueing back and forth until everyone turns blue and the thread is closed.

Druggist said:
There have been whole threads on this exact topic. I don't think any of them ever reached a logical solution. People just keep argueing back and forth until everyone turns blue and the thread is closed.
Hahaha alright man thanks for your help. My friends and I always argue about it too, I guess it's merely a matter of personal preference.

Me and my broski have developed the perfect method of inhalation:
1. Empty your lungs as much as possible
2. Hit your piece until your lungs are at least more than 2/3rds of the way through, and you've had enough smoke. Use your diaphragm. Feel it in your stomach, not in your chest.
3. Fill your lungs the rest of the way with air.
4. Pause for a comfortable duration.
5. Once you start to feel low on oxygen, take very short breaths. This keeps a lot of smoke in your lungs but still provides you with oxygen.
6. When you feel you've gotten as much out of this hit as possible, exhale through your nose to get a pleasent after-smell.