Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

stop a roll in emergency

eggo

Bluelighter
ive looked thought the FAQ's etc and found how to reduce brain damage after a roll, but say for instance you needed to be straight in a very short time, is there anyway to make the body motabolise (process) the extra seratone in a hurry like 30 minutes. could u say, take 2000mg Vitamen C, or basically what do paramedics give you if they want to make u normal again....?
say in the case where u think you dont have an exam the next day and want to party, roll, then someone rings u up before u go out and tells u u got an exam tomorrow? and u really need to go to sleep and stop having rushes

I'll suggest a short acting benzo like Xanax (alprazolam) but it might affect your memory the next day...and that's not exactly good for exams.

say in the case where u think you dont have an exam the next day and want to party, roll, then someone rings u up before u go out and tells u u got an exam tomorrow? and u really need to go to sleep and stop having rushes
If that happens to anyone then they'd be a dickhead who should get their shit together. Start by buying a diary. Or at least a calendar. And in the unfortunate situation where you find yourself rolling before an exam, just try not to draw too many smiley faces in the margin as you sit there peaking your tits off and pouring your education down the toilet. :)

If you're asking 'is there an a drug for mdma like narcan is for heroin?' the answer is not really... SSRI's make it hard to feel MDMA effects, if they're taken prior but thats kinda a different story... If someone's peaking too hard on MDMA, then get them cool air, water and serenity... in a pinch decent cocaine will really kill an intense MDMA peak in progress, but drugs upon drugs can be another problem in itself.

Benzodiazepines like Xanax and Valium and Normison will all make you calm down plenty and sleep it off. Just don't go too far above the recommended dose, no matter how tweaked you are, because the stimulants will wear off eventually, and some of the benzo's are very long-acting.

BigTrancer :)

Ha, I remember one of my friends was convinced that if you take as many vitamin c tablets as you had pills, you would come down almost instantly! He had a few 'emergency' vit c's in his room!

BigTrancer gives good advice about the drugs upon drugs issue, but if the exam is REALLY important, a line of meth before the exam to clear the benzo fog could be an option, IMHO, but again, that's taking more drugs to counteract drugs.

i'm not really sure about taking it before an exam but on one stupid occasion a friend gave me Zyprexa (Olanzapine - an antipsychotic) after taking some meth and a pill because he said it would make it more intense, and yea i was stupid for not doing any research before --> anyways, it pretty much made me come down straight away.

if you want more info on Olanzapine try erowid

IMHO olanzapine is a really nasty benzodiazepine. A friend of mine took it just because it was one (structurally anyway, it's used as an anti-psychotic as you said), he's got this thing about trying every single benzo out there. Anyway, olanzapine turned him into a zombie for two days...its a LONG lasting one, and rxlist.com mentions a lot of health risks too but he took it anyway. I would go for the shorter acting benzos. :)

Olanzapine is not a benzodiazepine! It is a thienobenzodiazepine which is a completely different class. It works on completely different receptors to a benzodiazepine, and therefore has completely different effects. Compare the molecular formula of olanzapine: C17H20N4S
with diazepam: C16H13ClN2O

what do paramedics give you if they want to make u normal again....?
There is nothing they can give to make you "normal" but they could give certain drugs which would reduce certain effects of MDMA. They might give diazepam if you were highly agitated, having seizures or if you had severe muscle spasms and/or rigidity. It would have a calming effect (depending on the dose used) but wouldn't make you 'straight'. Any benzodiazepine will help you sleep in the right dose, but some are long acting and may leave you with a hangover effect (such as nitrazepam, which isn't commonly used these days).

Other prescription sleeping pills like Imovane or Stilnox would help you sleep too.

SSRI drugs like Prozac will reduce the MDMA experience, but there is a potential for side effects. SSRI's can be stimulating and make it hard to sleep for some people.

Anti-psychotic drugs will also reduce the effects of MDMA, but again there is a chance of side-effects, therefore I wouldn't recommend fucking around with them unless you know what you are doing. If you were going to try this anyhow, you would need to read up on them - there is a huge variety with vastly different side-effect profiles and dose ranges. Some (the atypical's) are generally safer than the older/typical ones. Another risk is that some lower the seizure threshold (meaning an increased chance of seizures). MDMA does this too, so combining them can mean increasing the risk of a seizure. Do all the potential drug interactions sound complicated? They are!:)

I have to agree with Pleo - if you take the chance of getting high, you have to be prepared to deal with the consequences.:\

Serum levels of amphetamines (incl MDMA) can be lowered by using a urinary acidifier. The result is that the duration of the peak should be greatly reduced, but residual "neuron burning" is likely to be around the next day anyway. The practice is also not without risks, but was once an option for emergency cases involving amphetamine overdose. Details are elsewhere on this board. Search under *drug tests*

I agree with others, save any partying till after exams. It feels so much better when you can pat yourself on the back for having finished the task. Coming down with an exam hours away would be among the worst things I could imagine.

Apart from the required focus, you want to feel as *normal* when going into exams as you do during a typical study day. So if you drink coffee for breakfast every day, or are a billy before 7am person, or even if you rise to meditation and exercise, then don't change any of these things on exam day and certainly don't take a psychoactive like MDMA for at least several days (preferably weeks) before the exam/s.

That's my advice anyway; Celebration without worry of a grueling next day commitment.

My mistake. I assumed it was one because it ended in -benzodiazepine. Needless to say I failed chemistry in high school. ;)

thanks peoples, but yeah just wanted to know, i do like knowing when my exams are preferably two weeks in advance, so yeah i never roll before one, and anyone who does mustnt have crammed and actually learnt stuff though the semester like you are supposed to :/

Actually sixthseal.com you are not totally wrong in the sense that part of the Olanzapine molecule has components of a typical di-azo 7 member ring with other groups attached.

Olanzapine = 2-methyl-4-(4-methyl-1-piperazinyl)-10H-thieno[2,3-b] [1,5]benzodiazepine

In light of the many substitutes found on various benzo's it may seem strange that this compound is not considered a typical benzo. This has to do with the shape of the molecule, which due to different groups and positioning, is more selective towards target receptors.

From figure on page 2 of Pharmacologic management of insomnia

Central benzodiazepine receptors are found on the alpha subunit of the GABAa-Chloride ion channel complex in the brain. Type 1 receptors are located in areas of the brain involved in sedation, whereas type 2 receptors are located in areas responsible for cognitive, memory and psychomotor function. Nonbenzodiazepines bind selectively to receptor type 1, while benzodiazepines bind to both receptor types

Some good reading on the target receptors and differences between the actions of both drugs

TRIP REPORT: Residential School on Medicinal Chemistry

Pharmacologic management of insomnia: Assessing the nonbenzodiazepine hypnotics
Sheryl L Chow; Brian Tomlinson; Moses S S Chow
Formulary; Nov 2000; 35, 11; Academic Research Library (sorry can't find URL)

benzodiazepines: How they work and how to withdraw

Last edited:
Thanks superbabydoc I was sure I had a paper somewhere... still, drawing them out helps me to remember them :)

Every time i think Phase dancer is more hardcore, BT goes and does some crazy shit.

But then every when i'm sure BT is more hardcore, Phase dancer goes and ups the ante.

Good work guys

a pharmacology major friend of mine mentioned to me the other day that he keeps a few doses of largactil or neulactil on hand in case of any "psychedelic" disasters. Not sure if they'd help for MDMA. Psychiatric doctors and prison staff seem to use them willy nilly on anyone they think could kick up a fuss in hospital or in prison, despite a potentially fatal side effect.

Thanks phase_dancer, that's very interesting reading indeed. Informative. :) I wonder where clobazam (a 1,5 benzo) fits in...have been prescribed it in Melbourne but found it non-sedating at all.

i have a suggestion, do a course in visual arts :)
then you dont have any exams and i swear half the lecturers are on drugs too.
theres the whole getting a job thing, but hey who needs one ;P