• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Love: Our only defense

NecroTrance

Bluelighter
I've lately been pondering gender and its differences and how it all relates to my previous thoughts and conniptions that I've had about life in general...

I've come to a great conclusion, but I will get to that...First of all I'll explain that what I've discovered throughout my life so far is that there is a natural rhythm to the cycle of life and it can be as obvious as an ecosystem or as indiscernable as the puffs of air we breathe in numerous times a day and take for granted each one. Everything happens for a reason...I just gritted my teeth after hitting my last period+space combination...For a reason.

I'm talking nuances and nuances, nano-motions in space that maybe send a wisp of air into the right whirlwind, ultimately affecting the space around you in an infetesimal chain of coincedences and causes which, in turn, results in equally as infetesimal effects causing the next person to react and keep the chain going.

However, as biological beings we are flawed, simply because our bodies weren't meant to last...We're meant to produce as much as we can to the natural cycle of life and to take only what we need to produce more and that's always how it happens now matter what your mindset is, it's a mathematical certainty, but anywho...We are all decaying and dying so that one day we will not be a part of this system actively any longer, instead we will be a passive, yet integral part of the cycle of life, for our impressions left on the living will act as causes to their decisions and also our actual matter which is decaying will prove to be a nutrient for the growth of more life.

So, getting to gender...Well, basically, the obvious thought and conclusion is that we must, as a species, conceive in order to continue our survival...Sure, that's true and it's quite obvious, but the nuances behidn this conclusion are much more profound and somewhat grotesque. Bare with me...

If the mathematics of the 'cycle' are so easy for us to see with our own eyes and for us to see and feel and sense in each other, wouldn't it be logical to assume that therein would lie yet another nuance which would be something of another dimensional aspect of these thre dimensions that we exist in? Isn't it safe to assume that by looking at something that is infinite we can continue to look into it forever? Yes, we can...Ever put a mirror to a mirror and popped your head in between? See the numerous images of yourself...

Well that's the way every step of life is, including pro-creation, but that is the most stripped down it gets. Sure, we're researching genetics and all, but that's not what I'm thinking of...I'm thinking of the energy it takes to reproduce, the anomalee of attraction. Pay attention...

Animals, as you may know, use attraction just as we do, but in a much more primitive way, they will mate with the one who they believe to be the best survivalest in a trait that is specific to that specie's survival...Humans do as well, woman seek responsible, kind, successful, level-minded, able-bodied men whom they can get along with and enjoy to be around...Now, this is generally speaking, because since there are so many humans in the world almost any mating is possible...Loser to loser, if you understand what I mean.

So, what is this attraction, this love, that us humans seem to be able to expres so vividly? Its true meaning is something you should all be aware of...

This mathematical situation is infenitely destroying us and since alone we will never be able to compete with the entirety of the universe and all it's mathematical strategies, which are always trying to simplify our existance mind you, then we use love as our one true weapon against the math...

But isn't love just another part of the equation?

No, it's not...Love is not a forced decision, that's the beauty of it, love is not controlled by the mathematics of life, even if we are attracted to someone and even if we want to love them, we don't have to, why? Because love's whole essence is in direct contradiction to the simplifying and consuming mathematical equation that is our life...Love is always seeking more. Think about that. Love and attraction are two emotions or ideas that are always trying to improve and gain strength, always...if you ever think that you've lost love for someone you haven't, you've simply gained mroe love for something else, either yourself, another person, money, etc... So, life is always trying to destroy us and love is always trying to create us...Use it wisely my fellow humans, it's all we have.

NOTE TO SELF: BL Members are unresponsive to my positive threads...Continue posting around negative views in order to gain responses...Gee, what a coincidence.

I have to say that is the most pretentious thing I have read since I finished "The French Artist's Guide to Pretense" - written by a man who is but a cog in the great machinery of time and reality itself - a man who by looking at the natural evolution of mankind realized his inner dynamic.

Etc. etc. ;)

Sorry, but it just comes off as "look - I can use big words and string them together to make fairly meaningless statements about the world!"

--- G.

I suppose some people will never understand life...Ignorance is bliss, but I've thrown it away for knowledge. Hang on to your ignorance though, it's easier that way.

WTF?!? Are you people that desperate to defile my name that you'd purposely make u lame excuses in order to flame me, simply because you want to derail my efforts at proving the point? The point that those of you who think of me negatively really aren't thining at all, and I'm sorry, but a message board, full of text, is no place for feelings as you all have shown. I write a positive subject, one that holds much merit, mind you, and simply because I was able to connect the dots and notice that it wasn;t responded to whereas a very engative subject I posted was, you all want to crucify me and try to tell me that there is no connection, by flmaing my positive subject...I'm sorry...I pity the above posters, minus myself.

Oh and there's very good proof to my claims..." *BLAH BLAH BLAH* you're still a creep!!!" is a message which obviously conveys that the poster's only goal was to call me a creep with the mention of the word, 'still' and then for her to utter the *BLAH BLAH* makes me think she didn't even read my post...Then to have that quote seconded. Astounding, isn't it?

I've lately been pondering gender and its differences and how it all relates to my previous thoughts and conniptions that I've had about life in general...

You think a lot Necro, and good for you for pondering life so deeply. I hope you are careful though. Your thirst for knowledge will have shown you at some point that eventually the fight for words and the many opinions are unimportant.
In any case I am curious: Do you seek knowledge for knowledge's sake or for some other end? And if not, what is it that you are looking for?

I'm looking for the same thing everyone else is...Purpose. Unfortunately, I don't think it exists as I would think it should, so therefore I'm just glad to exercise my ability to thinka nd reason so well, it's good practice for logic, both socially and personally.

There was a time when I was looking for purpose too. The day I found it was both the most frightening day of my life and the most liberating. I still remember that day clearly and I know longer seek the secrets of the universe. I since realised that the "secret" that I was really looking for was in me all along, but I was too busy looking to just "know". It was just as an old friend had said to me "the journey is only eternal because you refuse to stop walking..." in this case away from what I was looking for. As for logic, it doesn't seem so important to me these days. I know enough to work, to have family and friends. These days being right is less important to me. Sure I still have irrational urges to prove my worth - intellectually, physically - but I also see that my urge to do this - to express my value - doesn't make me any greater - it doesn't bring me closer to myself. The greatest thing that intellectualisation ever did for me was to show me my path and provide me with enough reason to choose that path and stick to it.
You words are considered Necro and I feel there is strong emotion behind them. I get the feeling that you're at your own crossroads - I wish you well on whatever path you choose from here.

What are these "mathematics of the cycle" that you're talking about? So easy for us to see in ourselves and in each other? Are you talking about physical principles or something else? If you are saying that love is not governed by physical principles, I have to disagree...

Although I don't follow the same school of thought as you, there is a truth that your own theory would make evident. The mind is the object that loves. The mind is made of matter. Matter is governed by physical principles, so the love of the mind is also, even if indirectly. It must still play part in an 'equation', as you put it. Also, are there really any 'forced' decisions? If you sit and think long enough, you can branch in any direction. If you're saying that no matter what, that direction is still a cause of an effect, then all decisions are forced, even that to love a person.

Too many holes. I'm starting to agree with Morrison's Lament...

NecroTrance said:
Oh and there's very good proof to my claims..." *BLAH BLAH BLAH* you're still a creep!!!" is a message which obviously conveys that the poster's only goal was to call me a creep with the mention of the word, 'still' and then for her to utter the *BLAH BLAH* makes me think she didn't even read my post...Then to have that quote seconded. Astounding, isn't it?

of course!!! as if i would waste my time reading bullshit from the mind of a shallow egotistical(i dont care if i spell it right) CREEP!!!
if i did read it, you wouldve owed me 5 mins of my life back!!!

...I don't do drugs.

In response, I can see how one could mistake love as a mental thought, but love is not mental, nor is it phsyical, hell it's not even metaphysical...It's everything at once, just as the mathematics of life are everywhere and anywhere. It's hard to describe these mathematics of life that I talk about because they are infinite so discussing them would be an exercise in futility, but I can try once again to convey the essence of them. It's sort of like the mathematics of a chess game. If I move this piece here, the entirety of the baord and the possibilities within it are changed and with each and every move a new equation is formulated to the cycle of your play. Chess is a two dimensional board with pieces that can occupy one of the sixty-four squares at a time. There are 16 pieces per side and 6 different pieces, each with different moves that act as sort of variable in some alrge algebraic equation that if constructed and simplified correctly can defeat your opponent.

Life is the same way, however the board is our direct vision all the way to our horizons, and the pieces are our actions, how we speak, how we move, how we think even. We're presented withs everal different opponents, but some of them may actually aid you in tuning your mathematic strategies and it's not as if we defeat them, we simply overcome our own weaknesses that are made apparent by their actions and confirmed by our responses. Body language is a great way to think about the mathematics of life...If someone made a gesture here, I would HAVE to respond with the correct formula of actions in order to continue with the flow, if I did not then a stronger, more adept equation would present itself(i.e. something a bit more drastic than simple conversation), hoping to intimidate me into the flow of life and gain control over my senses and thoughts once again. That's how life works, if you're within it, you're alive, if not, you're dead. So, if someone were to go far enough away from life as to deny taking any part in teh equation, somehow or another they would die, but, like I've said before soemtimes death is not an option and our bodies just cannot formulate life anymore.

Love, however, does not stem from life and it's equations because they were essentially wrote to govern just one and love involves multiple beings, so love is like teaming up with your fellow opponents in thsi 'game of life' in order to brew a better scope of your internal self to which you gain knowledge about the easiest and most efficient ways to overcome this formula. Convenient life is definitely a rewarding life, because you can save your energy for what you desire to do. Desire is not governed by life, desire is your personal love of something, you are essentially a decision maker and desire is your goal. So, it's not by defeating life that we survive, it's by letting life move on as quickly as possible and by computing your own personal equation to the best of your ability so life won't have to consume you in death and lose another active producer. However, although love is an eternal force and is in direct opposition to life and death, they are still one in the same, because without on r the other we cannot continue and, yes, life will throw chances of love in your direction, hoeever, you are the one who ultimately decides your course of action concerning love, not life.

ok, let me start by stating quite clearly that i have read some of your other posts in other forums, and to be perfectly frank, i do not hold much respect for you or people like you. The actions and sentiments you have expressed elsewhere churn my stomach, and i don't really see how you can have pondered such theories as expressed in this thread, yet still manage to break open your best friend's skull...

That is not for me to judge however, i believe you will eventually earn everything that happens to you, I am a strong believe in karma after all. But i digress...

I'm looking for the same thing everyone else is...Purpose. Unfortunately, I don't think it exists as I would think it should, so therefore I'm just glad to exercise my ability to thinka nd reason so well, it's good practice for logic, both socially and personally.

First of all i believe you are wrong when you state that every person is looking for purpose. I myself have been somewhat involved in an existential debate with myself for some years now, and in asking and questioning random people around me, strangers or not, i have found that a great many people in my society (not america) have never even thought to question why they are here, and what greater purpose they are yet to serve. My own dear grandmother is a perfect example of this; at the age of 73 i asked her what her reason for existing was, to which she replied:
"I do not have a purpose i guess - not because i am meaningless, but simply because i never thought to ask..."

I don't think it is a problem to not have pondered upon this issue either, because in the end many of us will probably come to very different conclusions anyway. Issues such as these are highly debatable and extremely subjective, simply because there can never be a definitive right or wrong answer. Many philosophers have dies without ever concluding upon the many answers eluding them, indeed one or two were even killed for their beliefs. Lucky we should be in a more forgiving society (or so it would seem)...

I am not going to pick apart your theories and argue the points with you that i disagree with much further, but i think you would do well to read up on the history of philosophy if you want to hold a decent philosophical debate. You seem to have thought a bit about these issues, and have a passion for what you believe, but i feel that if you were to look back over what some of history's most brilliant and reknowned thinkers have debated, you might be in a better position to agrue your points. I have to say that when i read your first post, i had to agree with Morrison's Lament. However, doing a bit of extra reading will allow you to not only see what you agree with, but you will also be on a much better level to argue against what you don't. After all, how can you argue against something if you don't first understand it?

I will be interested to see how you respond to this...

What's the point? Love will save us? What should I do? Rush out to the all night grocery store and buy all the love they have for sale?

It seems to me that you are proposing a new way to view the world around us, a new paradigm if you will. But what qualitative changes in behavior follow from your points? Be nicer to people? Millions of people have stumbled across that recommendation for living without the benefit of your new paradigm. So what insights does it really give us?

I mean, now if I break up with a girl who loves me in your paradigm, I can tell her "It's not that I don't love you, just that I've come to fully love you and so now I must go find some one new to love because love must be a growing thing, the exploration of newness. Please stop crying. It's not you, it's me. We can still be friends."

If your point is to convince people to cherish love...well, is there any more sacred word in language? I think people already cherish love quite a bit. It is the "magic word" so to speak, of human interaction. An emotional "abracadabra."

So, really, what is the point? What is the insight?

~psychoblast~

NT, obviously you have the need to express yourself and you seem to want confirmation of some kind as evidenced by this post and your relating to it from your post on fat women. You seem to indicate that reasoning and thinking are important to you and I am interested to know why you have used your own logical processes to allow you to write in such a way that offends people.

NecroTrance said:
... Ignorance is bliss, but I've thrown it away for knowledge.
All the best to you NecroTrance.
Ignorance may be bliss, but knowledge is Ecstasy :)

Perhaps I have no point in this topic, perhaps I do. Personally, I believe my point was to speak my mind and that's all I ever do. I try my best to communicate what I have come to realize as true, good, or otherwise benefitial to me. I do not attempt to remotely inflict my views upon others or try to force them to see things my way, but someone once told me that no matter what I had to say, even if it happened to upset someone or proved to be a futile exercise in speech, I should still say it, because there may be at least one person who can really truly benefit from my words. One thing is for sure, there will always be at least one person who can benefit from what I say...Me. No matter what else happens to my words, I know that I can disect and appreciate everyone else's views upon my words and if I happen to see a respo9nse which may surpirse me then will investigate it further and hopefully I will come to a new understanding of my words.
This is how I live and endeavor through life. I have a mindset to constantly be saying what is on my mind and what is happening to my feelings, although I may sometimes have the two confused, I know I can always discover, through the responses of others, exactly what I was saying. This gives me great benefit as it is a way for me to give a mirror image to not only my sight, but also my actions. I can know more about myself this way and through this knowledge I can make decisions based upon the type of person I want to portray and ultimately the type of person I will decide to fashion myself into throughout the course of my life. Thank you all for being honest with me. That is the only way to discover truth, through honesty...As far as the convictions that I speak in this topic. I strongly and firmly believe that love, in any sense, is a way to fight our death. The more you love you have, the more memorable your life is, the more memorable your life is, the longer you live...In memory.