Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

MDMA and dizziness

Luc-Marc

Bluelighter
Just wondering if anyone here suffers from dizziness/light-headed episodes from taking MDMA. I'm aware that it happens to some people the day after (which i've never had) but i had my first episode about a month after i had a red 3 in July.

I have eliminated everything which i feel could be contributing to this ie. getting eyes examined, ear infections, diet and blood pressure but nothing seems to stop these episodes. Its not a totally unbearable dizziness, just a slightly annoying feeling that comes and goes once or twice a day that forces me to chill out and hang for 5 whilst it subsides.

Any ideas guys? Apart from this my overall well being is very good, im happy, fit and enjoying life. Are there any (known) neurotoxic effects of MDMA that can cause this? Cheers

After a larger dose of MDMA I quite often suffer a giddiness sometimes up to a week or more later. I noticed this after the first MDMA I took. For me it used to be quite unsettling as it feels as though I'm losing my balance.

I can't offer any solutions apart from ruling out that it isn't caused by any other condition eg hypoglycemia. By all means see a GP about a possible referral or scan if it puts your mind at ease

thanks phase_dancer, i've been checked for hypoglycemia and got the all clear. i've taken about 20-30 biccies in the past couple of years and only got it in the last couple of months, oh well i guess i'll just have to find out what's causing it by trial and error.

I had that same dizziness after my last time out too.

Dropped a Red 3 and two gold armarni's, which is the most I've had on a single night.

Couldn't piss until 3pm the next day! almost got my wife (nurse) to get a catheter from work!... :-O Talk about trying to use the Jedi mind trick all morning..!

Next few days I had that dizziness every now and then. I don't get it now.. been a few weeks. Kind of a funny feeling.. I thought I was low on iron or something so we went to a good steakhouse for dinner which didn't help much because the next day it still happened.

So, I'm putting it down to a major roll (for me anyway)..

Cheers,
Dave.

so u didnt have any xtc for a month and then it just happened? if it was the e, i would have thought it should happen earlier after taking it. (not saying it isnt though).

do u smoke anything?

i definately get headspins sometimes after standing up or occasionaly just randomly. ive put it down to my bongs with baccy habit (the stupidest thing i ever did waz mix pot with tobacco) but it could be anything i guess. i think your case sounds stronger anyway as i think occasional headspins just happen to some people. ive also thought it may be due to low blood pressure as ive heard this is sometimes the case, but i dont even know my blood pressure other than its ok.

if u think it is a warning sign then its best to take extra care though.

This is not uncommon in the comedown phase. All I can think of, and this is speculating, is that serotonin deficiency post MDMA = more relaxed blood vessels = lower blood pressure. Serotonin plays a role in vessel constriction and relaxation, meaning it effects blood pressure.

However, if you are getting it a month after MDMA, I doubt MDMA is responsible. You probably need further screening by a Dr to work out the cause. DO you take any medications (including herbal products)? Do you have any other symptoms?

This is a little Off Topic, but sort of along the lines of the current topic, i get pins and needles throughout my lower arms about 5-6hours after taking a pill, lasts for a while too, anyone know what would cause that to happen, it doesnt matter what kind of pill i have, it seems to happen anyway.

:D

I've heard that pins and needles down ur left arm is something ppl commonly feel during a heart attack. I assume its because the heart stops beating properly which means that the blood doesn't arrive where its needed (I believe u feel it in the left arm because that's where the blood arrives or doesn't arrive first).

I'm not suggesting ur having a heart attack - meerely speculating that perhaps the pins and needles is related to blood pressure or lack of and its your body's way of telling you that it needs more blood.

I suggest you talk to superbabydoc because i would have thought that if the pins and needles is related to blood pressure it could have the potential to be quite serious. But please remember that i am just speculating.

Nice Tits

I get a similar thing (dizzyness), after a bender of a weekend (pills and wizz), for the next 3 or 4 days when I have my first ciggie in the morning I cop massive head spins.

If I stay off the gear on the weekend, no dizzyness all week, but after a bender, it's like mini-peaks for a couple of mornings. Hey... I ain't complaining. :)

EDIT: Clarified "Bender"

Last edited:
rezinate- nuh, i haven't smoked anything for a couple of years (gives himself a pat on the back)

superbabydoc- i take 1000mg of vitamin c a day, but that's about the extent of it. I have no other symptoms, which is why this whole thing is quite strange. Im starting to think it could actually be diet related as got it quite bad about half an hour after eating lasagne last night.

For the past 2 or so years i have been getting dizzy spells when i'm just about to fall asleep... nothing too serious, but now they're starting to occur during the day... i don't think it's the pills at all. Just thought i'd reasure you ;) so know you have 2 people in the boat