• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Coffee Grinders

souper_c_lee

Bluelighter
Coffee grinders

What do you guys think of ‘em?

I just bought my first one; I like it so far.

I find that you have to roll the joints tighter though.

I rolled a joint like I would if I were to just break up the bud by hand.

I was quick to find that when I drew on it that I got little particles of weed in my mouth.

No big deal and nothing that a tighter rolled doob wouldn’t cure.

I can’t wait to clean my grinder and reclaim all those lost crystals.

Anyway what’s your opinion on coffee grinders?

What are its advantages and disadvantages?

I'd think they'd pulverise the pot too much for my tastes. I like to keep the keif on the pot im gonna smoke ;)

You might want to try to roll a bit of thick paper (like the cardboard the rolling paper box is made of) into the end to make a little bit of a 'filter' for the joint. this makes it easier to draw thru as well since you cant get it all wet and then close it up

I got a spacecase pollen grinder - it collects the trichomes and fine particles through a fine mesh that ya normally end up losing in some grinders....after some time you got some deeeeeeelicious skuff!

I've never used a coffee grinder to bust up pot.
A friend of mine pushes his through a metal screen, like the kind you'd find on a window or a door.

I am one of the electric coffee grinder afficionados, I'm sure that you do lose some trichs but man, its so easy. Besides which, after you've used the grinder for a little while, maybe one or two times, you always (if you have patience and a fine paintbrush) have a cone of gold dust waiting for you in times of need.

Now, you have to be careful with the grinding, as usually if you leave the grinder on for even a couple of seconds too long you end up with powder, not chopped mix. That said, some prefer powder. It all depends on whether you like your mix textured or in a very fine chop that burns extremely evenly.

Its also great for those of us, who, like me, suffer from terminal laziness when it comes to chopping up. ;)

-plaz out-

Yep! Too many people leave it on for too long! Put the buds in.. Do about 5 or 6 small wizzes, don't leave it on since pot is light, the choppers just gonna make it stay in the air, and rub all the resin around the top of the coffee grinder. 5 or 6 small wizzes is enough to make a good (non-powderised) mix. It fluffs out hydro very very nicely, rather than chop it in, when scissors normally do to tight buds.

The biggest advantage of coffee grinders is the keif (did I spell that right?) collects on the sides and you can scrape it off when you get enough. :)

not a big fan, they hurt my bud too much, also coffee grinders are shit if ur bud's moist at all, gotta be quite dry.

Originally posted by frizzantik
I'd think they'd pulverise the pot too much for my tastes.

That's the beauty of it, you can grind as much or as little as you like. Some of my friends have one and it works nicely, especially when you've got a lot of pot to roll up. :)

A good substitute for the coffee grinder could also be one of those wooden or metal Sweet Leaf grinders, which seem to work well.

i recommend a nice pollen collector type grinder =D

attachment.php

it's 3.5 in or 9cm in diameter :) definitely good for larger amounts

Attachments

• grinder.jpg
    grinder.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 405
I want one of those frizz - looks fucking brilliant! =D

I have to just scrape the stuff out of my grinder :(

--- G.

I like the lolly(candy) tin method. know those cans that lil boiled lolies come in

You get 2 50c pieces,& weed put them in an old Lolly tin and shake the lil fucker real damn hard and ta daaa Chopped weed + it can store your bud in transit

I am with plazma all the way on this one!!!! ;)

Electric coffee grinders, are fantastic, I love them. I am a bit of a lazy arse too, so i just tend to throw in my buds, let it chop a bit, and I mean a bit, add tobacco, chop at bit more, and you are done.

As for the golden bongs, well once you have chopped a few mixes you will see stuff that looks like fine dust need the blades and stuff, well that is the stuff you scrap down when you can't score, and I tell ya, the shit is potent!!!!

Tip for if you are going to use a grinder that was not previously used for pot purposes (I dont know why you would, but just in case)

Throw a piece of white bread in the grinder and give it a whizz or two, to soak up the coffee oil in the grinder. Throw bread away and voila! You have a clean grinder. (I actually learned this in a culinary class for real "herbs")

Dancing_Princess: Glad to see you agree. Gold dust cones are the shiznit! ;) Do you find that you have to pack the bottom of the cone with a tiny bit of baccy in order to not pull the cone straight through into the water? I've been doing this ever since my first time I did one I pulled it straight through into the water, I nearly cried...

*just smoked a gold dust cone*

-plaz out-

Originally posted by plazma
I've been doing this ever since my first time I did one I pulled it straight through into the water, I nearly cried...

Hahaha...I've done that before, only I packed a bit of kif into a one hitter, sucked too hard and basically ate the kif. It's not very effective that way.

I normally pack the bottom of the cone with the green resin that still actually kinda looks like weed.. that is around the blade and bottom of grinder. Then the gold hash thats collected on the top dome and round the sides.. pack that in tightly.. put the lighter on the cone piece for like ten seconds.. try and heat it up. Then very, very slowly pull the gold dust.. Don't try to inhale it all in one go.. It's very harsh going down and you'll waste it by coughing it out straight away.

^^^^yes, but if you can keep a whole one down then you're in heaven:D. The collected trichromes are the only reason that I use a coffee grinder!

whizz-a-rama

well, i know a guy that lived in a weedhouse that had 4 coffee grinders .. i kid you not, he use to sell people gold-dust. 1 gold cone cost 1 gold coin donation ($1 or $2). I love gold-dust and pretty much use splatt's method. I also most certainly agree that 5-6 whizzes is about appropriate and coffee grinders 'fluff out' the weed.

Frizz - that 'thing' looks fucken wickid.

I must say that I'm the type of person who makes small brews ... if I grind up a whole quarter, chances are I won't go to bed until its finished. So i generally only whizz up about 5-7 cones at a time, problem with this is that the last cone always ends up being too small and on countless occassions i have witnessed the horrific event of it being sucked straight into the water without being smoked properly :p