• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

legality of research chems, specifically 2c-i in Australia?

dfi

Bluelighter
yes there are many online chemists selling these substances...

but are these substances legal to buy and bring into australia?
i've heard that if they are not intended to be consumed they are legal...

can anyone share any light on this topic?
DfI;)

no they are not legal. if you are caught ordering them in you can be charged under importation of illicit substances, if not specifically, under analogue acts. 2ci has been specifically outlawed in queensland as detailed in this government pdf (search for 2ci). there are many threads on this subject, and if you try to import them and are caught, there are laws in place to be able to charge you.

Here's the specific piece from Cowboy Mac's link

...in December 2001, the government banned three new designer drugs, BZP, TFMPP and 2C-I;....

There's also the Drugs of Dependance regulations covering analogues of which 2C-I would fall into several classes. So tight is this piece of legislation, that 1/2 of the commonly made chemicals in Uni labs would according to this legislation be illegal. My Chem lecturers just couldn't believe it.

There is a drug which has recently become available as a research chem which is similar to MDMA in structure and produces similar but milder effects. This chem is known as IAP (1-(5-indanyl)-2-aminopropane, another of Dr David Nicoles inventions in his search for a non-neurotoxic MDMA mimicking mind tool. IAP would also fall under the analogues/homologues bill, but if your research didn't involve human consumption it should be possible to legally obtain it.

There are a couple of other research chemicals currently being whispered about. One shows particular promise as a rec drug, but at present I'm not about to mention what these chems are due to a general request being made on another, rather obscure board.

As soon as these chemicals show promise they are banned, so obviously the clandestine discoverers would at least like to see the word first spread via the selected underground. This way massive stockpiles of legal chemicals be obtained and probably also a large ready to go supply of the drug, before the world is turned on.....stay tuned, one of these chems may rock the world ;)

Last edited:
out of curiosity... exactly what type of non-human research are people conducting with all of these research chems???

swim had a dream where he was cleaning his cd's with 2c-t-7 ;) think they'll beleive it? ;)

doubt it. cleaning CD's is not really on the cutting edge of research anymore.

but establishing reference spectra for the relevant GCMS / HPLC/ NMR equipment, and internal standard calibration are certainly a legitimate research direction.

or radioactive-isotope label your heavy molecular weight 2C-s to establish pharmacokinetics and other things of interest, like say brain functining in the rat?