• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA] Sleeping on Cannabis

i don't know if pot messes up my patten.. but my sleep pattern is pretty messed up in general :) depending on the pot i smoke sometimes it does make me stay awake longer though

I personally find it hard to sleep when I havn't had weed in a few days but I think it is a really personal thing some yes some no.

If you stop and are finding it difficult to get to sleep exercise helps ALOT and maybe get yourself some melatonin if it is a cronic sleep disorder (insomnia etc) see your doc.

h@ndo :)

p.s. I am a regular smoker ie; generally everyday.

I thought weed was messing up my sleeping patterns. When I quit for a while I realised it wasn't the weed. I was just lazy.... and I still am.

If I didn't get even at least a few hits in during a day I probably would be jonesin and couldn't get to sleep, or if I quit, but since I get high everyday that's just speculation. :)

I'm kind of convinced it makes you more cashed in the morning though. If you smoke the whole day you end up being real tired by night and crash nicely, but I kinda find that I end up waking up more beat even though I got a decent amount of sleep (an amt that would leave me feeling awake in the morning had I not smoked like that).

It seems to improve quality and quantity of sleep. Cant complain in this respect...

I have to agree with the truth

nothing like a nights sleep after a long night of cheefing the reef

dont quote me on this

but i read once, i think on erowid.org im not sure, but i read that cannabinoids prevent your mind from sustaining 4th stage of sleep. I read that when u enter 4th stage sleep, you "bounce" back into third and forth, and you dont get a "complete" nights rest as a result. This also attributes to why many pot smokers say they have no dreams/cant remember dreams. For about 5 years I diddnt have a single dream. Then i went on probation (and couldnt smoke herb) and was having the most vivid colorful dreams I ever had, and I had totally forgotton what dreams were!

^^^^ I can't even remember the last time I had a dream, god that has got to sux!!!!

Disturb my sleeping habit, hmmmm, I wouldn't know, I have been smoking for so long!!!! But unless I have a bong I won't go to sleep, so I guess, yes it does in some ways!!!! :\

Yeah man, no shit. I don't remember the last time I dreamed either... actually I do, it was in the period of time before I had started smoking pot. :( Well I know I do dream on rare occasion, but I don't really remember much and it definitely wasn't like before. But I don't really care, I never had much fun out of dreams I mean didn't really care about them.

another rare dreamer.. i'll have a vague recollection of a dream once in a while

Is weed a good sleep aid?

Compared to nyquil or benedryl, is cannabis-induced sleep qualitatively better?

well i dont speak for everyone, myself when i first started smoking it could get me to sleep easy but after awhile i avoid smoking before sleep, keeps my brain awake, cant stop thinking of things...

I was thinking of eating some when I need some sleep. Is this a bad idea? (It sends me to sleep, so would there be anything wrong with this?).

Well, you will feel tired and drained and find pot a great aid to fall asleep, but in fact it is not such a great sleep-aid. It will not let your brain rest to it's extent, not reaching the REM state fully. That mostly explains the "no dream recalling" and the tired and groggy feeling after a night of heavy smoking.

Although I must say that for a daily (ab)user smoking before going to sleep would be quite beneficial, try and go without.. Like I've been doing the last 36 hours.. 8(

I think it's an amazing sleep aid. I never sleep better!!! Sometimes I can't even sleep unless I take a hit or two.

Yes, it's a great sleeping aid - a lot better than OTC sleeping medication for example.
The problem is that it's addictive and you might find yourself unable to sleep unless you've had your good-night joint.

I would recommend it in cases of extreme insomnia - there's just nothing left to lose then.

Like blowmonkey said, there is a difference between something gets you to sleep and something that is actually a helpful sleep-aid! The former just knocks you out - the latter actually means you get some rest.

Cannabis gets me to sleep like nothing else, but I also find I need more sleep and wake up more groggy - and it has been shown that going to bed high does mess with REM sleep.

--- G.