• CD Moderators: Thomas Davie | Darksidesam | Madness
  • Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

[MEGA]Uncontrollable Shaking/Twitching/Muscle Spasms on Weed

srw96

Bluelighter
This thread is, surprisingly, for all discussion of shaking/trembling/quivering/twitching/spasming on weed. It might be linked to anxiety; have a look at the megathread for that subject:
[MEGA]Anxiety/Paranoia

Vader

I know paranoia, anxiety, and a racing heart are all really coming effects of MJ... but my question is: has anyone else every gotten uncontrollable shaking and trembling throughout their whole body when they were having a bad high?

I did for a while. My whole body would just shake and shiver and I felt like I had no controll over my body. It made me stop smoking for a summer and even now when I smoke the bad highs are always in the back of my mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had uncontrollable shakes while high, mostly just on my legs though. I always put it down to it being cold, as it always happened in winter for me and weed lowers my body temperature.

I do know that you can focus on any tiny thing that is going on in your body though, and amplify it tenfold just by worrying asbout it while stoned :)

yeah i get the shakes sometimes. It's usually cuz i feel cold.

The scary part is sometimes i get the shakes from thinking about doing e or some other drug. It's really strange. I feel like the memories of doing that drug make my body/legs to into uncontrollable shaking.

Yeh I've had that..... Back in the day when I used to get really stoned. It was more something that I could make myself do if I tried. I could always stop it, but if I wanted I could make both my legs shake like crazy.

ive had that happen once and only once.

I smoked two good bowls back to back (which was more than average for me then), and the shit must have been real potent or something, cause I felt like my body was seizing. My neck would tense and my head would shake from side to side, completely out of control. All over my body, muscles flexed and released, over and over, causing me to just spaz out on the floor for about half an hour while I watched tv and prayed I didn't just step on the boat to hell.

The shakes took me over. I've been cold on weed and trembled a lot, but this wasn't like that. This was some kind of horrible reaction that I just can't explain.

yup ive had the same experience but only once.

ive had that happen once and only once.

I smoked two good bowls back to back (which was more than average for me then), and the shit must have been real potent or something, cause I felt like my body was seizing. My neck would tense and my head would shake from side to side, completely out of control. All over my body, muscles flexed and released, over and over, causing me to just spaz out on the floor for about half an hour while I watched tv and prayed I didn't just step on the boat to hell.

The shakes took me over. I've been cold on weed and trembled a lot, but this wasn't like that. This was some kind of horrible reaction that I just can't explain.

that's almost exactly how i felt, only it lasted me only about 12 minutes. my body was just out of control. all my muscles were going crazy and i couldnt stay in one place but i couldn't really walk or stand so i just moved around on the floor until it stopped. i was pretty scared at one point and thought i would have to call for medical attention. it was weed that had gotten me high perfectly normally before ealier that day and i smoked my usual amount. i smoked the same amount of the same weed first thing the next morning on a hunch that everything would go fine and it did/has ever since. i don't know why my body reacted like that.

Used to happen to me in the beginning. At first legs would start to
twitch. Then, on enough weed, the whole body would begin to
twitch. At any one time, I could stop the twitching if I wanted to,
but it felt more comfortable to move around and twitch than to stay
still. It was pretty annoying, but not terribly so. In order to prevent
it, I used to take hot baths before/while smoking. It relaxes the muscles
a lot and pretty much prevents twitching. After a while it went away by
itself. Not sure why. Don't get it anymore. Maybe different strain of weed? Maybe body just got used to dealing with it.

TH

I don't shake but I twitch a lot. That can be quite irritating. Shaking would be fun though.

^^ Yeah, me too, I have no control whatsoever over it, but I get really prominent leg twitches when I'm stoned. I've tried having hot showers and massage to stop the twitching, but nothing works. I even took magnesium a couple of days beforehand once and it did jack too.

I'd love to find a remedy. None of my ideas work.

I've had this only once, a year or so ago... was quite freaky but i was too stoned to worry about it. Kinda small electric impulses seemed to travel through my veins.

Magnesium helps to stop muscle twitching, but who could be bothered preloading before smoking pot?

erm.. i get it all the time now?? in my hands cant EVER keep them steady

Hey, thanks for all your replies guys. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one :)

This happens to me too. It lets me know I'm too stoned. It gets really bad if I'm either cold or nervous when I'm stoned. This is why a lot of times I like to smoke by myself and just move around my room however I feel. I've had people notice me shivering, and ask me if I'm OK.

Cold makes it worse, anxiety makes it worse, having to sit still is the worst! But in the end its your mind and nothing really sinister. Ive found basic meditation techniques like breathing and repeating numbers can ease it greatly, also just completly forgetting about it, like something distracts you from the whole 'why are my legs twitching like im a crack addict' line of thaught can stop it outright :)

Ya i had this to, but it was accompanied with the OEV's of a strong acid trip and aural hallucinations aswell.

Strangely it was from one hit, and i had been smoking for about 4 years by this time.

Since then i am extremely sensitive to weed, and its not nearly as fun. One bong hit is always more than enough for me.

i dont knwo why Drunken, same here, with X and Shrooms, they made my tolerence hit the floor and go under, but i started smoking a lil more and more and now its perfect

powerful brownies

made me start shaking - but i didn't know if it was the car ride or me but it felt like a major earthquake-