• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Weed bad for acne?

100WattWarlock

Bluelighter
Sorry if this is a stupid question but im getting acne breakouts and im wondering its the weed thats causing it

I havent experienced an increase in acne with smoking pot. everyone is different though.

Could be just the fatty foods from munchies? I never had a problem with acne either way, so i dunno.

maybe you're getting lazy with your personal hygeine, maybe you are sweating and getting greasy whilst high

acne probs

It might be that you eat fatty foods and then you touch your face with your hands afterwards. The oils and dirt on your hands can cause you to break out. Wash ur hands. =D

i heard from a friend that the smoke can clog your pores, ive been breaking out a little bit too.

i have a friend *pete who has been smoking for about 6 years and he has the same problem, his acne is really bad, it broke out about 6 months after he started smoking, im not sure whether that was the cause or not.

I think smoking anything is probably bad for your skin.
I would go the extra mile and take EXTRA special care of your skin when you smoke. Be sure to drink plenty of water and take vitamins too!

Smoke cannot clog your pores. It's not like there is smoke travelling through your veins dude. :)

Maybe you should see a doctor about it, it could be anything from above suggestions, to an allergy, etc...

1. Greasy foods or Fatty foods do not cause acne.
2. Smoke does not cause acne.

Acne comes from clogged pores and over active sebacious glands.. Dirt may clog a pore and the glands under neath continue to secrete mucus, which then is trapped under the skin.. A bateria colony forms and swells and thus a zit appears.. There isnt all that much we can do about the sebacious gland end of the battle(except hormone like drugs like accutane), so keeping our face clean is the best way to prevent the buildup that causes acne..

For the most part, what you take into your body has nothing to do with this(like pot smoke).. However their are exceptions.. Drugs that cause a stress reaction will make you break out.. When you are under stress, your sebacious glands secrete more than average, making breakouts easier to occur,, Really, stimulants are the only drugs that cause a stress like reaction)plus they make you touch your face, putting more dirt in your pores).

In other words, pot should not make you break out. Not keeping you face clean, combined with hormones and genetics will.

Weed does cause hormone fluctuations doesnt it? It increases estrogen and lowers testosterone. Thats what I thought. That would increase acne as hormone fluctuations do.

Personally I never really noticed a difference after smoking, but my acne is fairly mild anyway. Looking at how it works doesn't really suggest that it would cause you to break out any more than not smoking it. However, I have noticed that my acne tends to get a little worse after a night of drinking, or drinking a lot of coffee.

Wanna know what works? Antibiotics!

In specific, mynomycin. Ask your doc for a 6mths of it.

BuckAtl said:
Weed does cause hormone fluctuations doesnt it? It increases estrogen and lowers testosterone. Thats what I thought. That would increase acne as hormone fluctuations do.

Acne has been associated with increases in testostorone usually.

Retinoic acid (Retin-A) works quite well too. Just rub the cream on before bed and after 2 days you should see pimples drying out. After around a weeks use you should see many pimples disappearing altogether.

Gotta agree with the suggestion for antibiotics. I started taking doxycycline about a month and a half ago and my face is completely clear now. However, they don't work for everyone, and I only really had acne on my chin to clear up anyway. As for Retin-A, I used that cream for 6 weeks and all that happend was my face would peel in ridiculous amounts every morning untill I put huge amounts of lotion on... only to have it peel about 3 hours later once it had dried up again.
If weed lowers your amount of testosterone wouldn't it be good for acne then, well as long as your a guy? Hehe, maybe one day doctors will prescribe people bud for acne =D

Just cuz raised testosterone means more acne, doesnt mean lowered testoterone = less. It is more complex... I imagine that weed has close to zero effect on your complexion, but that every psychoactive drug has a better chance of creating acne favorable conditions..

As for antibiotics... They work, but once you get off the acne comes right back, unless you keep taking them all thru puberty, and taking antibiotics for extended amounts of time can cause serious future health problems.

weed should not cause acne at all..... stress and dirt do though... if your having alot of problems try acutane that shit will clear your skin up for good....good luck

Go to an aesthetician for some extractions (zit removal). Worked for me. My face feels so much more comfortable now! :)