Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

330mg DXM

pinkanga

Bluelighter
Now I know this topic has been done to death, and believe me I have done my due diligence on dxm. Anyway, I recently did just over 200mg (first time) and it had little to no effect that I could tell, aside from a bizarre, dreamy night (I slept).

My question is, is it worth consuming my remainding 330mg if 200mg had little effect on me? The reason I ask is that I would prefer to save it and wait until I get some more if its not going to be worth it. I plan on taking it tonite after a few beers.

Thanx...

Well.. you're upping the dose to over 150% of the previous attempt. It's bound to have a stronger effect. What exactly are you expecting from DXM? If you're dosing to first or second plateau you may not find it especially earth-shattering...

BigTrancer :)

I guess you could say I am hoping for the earth to shatter just a little. I think I will aim for upper 2nd plateau / 3rd plateau for my next attempt.

Be careful kanga - my own experiences we a little... weird. Went 300mg on first attempt, got quiet nicely stoned - very heavy feeling of gravity, minor visual distortians... i find it hard to predict how much i need to get to the next plateau, it varies (and my weight doesn't vary much) up and down. Should point out, i only do it 1-2 times per year tho...

My advice, go 300mg... wait until your're well into the first plateau, then evaluate from there... have some-one straight with you at the time as well...

Well given that you did 200mg's without getting fucked up, I think we can safely say you don't have the enzyme deficiency that can cause serious problems.
I've only done it a few times, but I find 600mg's to be a perfect dose for mildly earth shattering effects, head trips through outer space etc... ;)
If you want a 3rd plateau experience, you'll need alot more than 200mg's, but make sure that is really what you're after before you embark on your mission to the stars.
Be prepared for bad nausea during the come-up though.

The first time I did DXM (aimed for low 3rd plateau - 600 mg based on my weight) was very unremarkable - I only felt slightly drunk and itchy. The trick is to have a really empty stomach, I had eaten a couple of hours prior to the first experience. The second time I took DXM was quite rewarding, I experienced most of the 3rd plateau effects with the same dose. I had not eaten anything before dosing, and that was the key to it. :) It can be hard to hold down syrup on an empty stomach though, I chugged 200 mg the third time and was subjected to an uncomfortable 30 minutes before I gave up and threw up all the syrup. ;)

I ended up downing the rest of the bottle (about 330mg) after pizza and beer (prob not the best idea) and felt a slight nausea not just on the come up unfortunately, but throughout the entire trip.

This did seem to be a decent dose and I spent most of the time drifting in and out of intrspective-thought-land, while at the same time slightly lost in a constant haze of confusion. My plan was to play video games, but this proved difficult as my brain preferred to go off on tangents of deep analysis whenever it had the opportunity. After this I had some fun losing myself in truly bizarre, abstract ideas while ocassionaly snapping out of it and wandering if I really was tripping, or just thinking really hard. I can see how easy it is to lose yourself in the abyss of your own mind, and I think on a higher dose I would not do this on my own -just for sanity's sake. (Especially 600mg). I guess once you familiarised yourself enough with the drug though this wouldn't be a problem.

Good description - concentrating on anything can be an effort on DXM... computer games... conversations... sex...

BT ;)