• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Just how does caffeine potentiate MDMA?

4theluvofE

Bluelighter
Okay, I'm planning to roll this weekend and am doing everything I can to make it a great E-party (my birthday, yay!!) and was wondering if just drinking a couple cups of black coffee would act on the MDMA. I've heard that it can potentiate and somewhat increase your roll, thats why i never minded a little in my pills ;) . Well feel free to drop me your ideas, thanks! Oh yea, i have drank the nastiest cup of like almost pure grounds coffee it was so black while rolling, but I also took like another quarter pill with it, I mean I rolled DAMN good. Coulda been the pills (friggin cleanest doves and anchors around baby!) or the coffee, I'm not sure... Thanks for listening =D

If you aren't used to caffeine then something in the region of 200mg would be more than enough to have the desired effects of more alertness and energy.
It doesn't drag out your roll or make it any more euphoric really, just helps to stop you being a gurning mess in the corner who doesn't want to move. Drinking an energy drink part the way through the night might be helpfully but don't just knock them back expecting to get higher and higher because it won't do much more and the come down from high levels of caffeine and an E are torturous, worst I've ever had personally.

Moderation, as usual, is the key :)

/edit
And don't forget caffeine helps to dehydrate you so drink a touch more water.

personal exp- have an energy drink early in the morning when u are starting to get tired, so u can last the rest of the night

hah, caffeine works on your dopamine levels... whereas MDxx works on your seratonin levels... woohoo. sounds like a good combo. it's not really your comedown will be shit... be assured of that!

i thought caffine affected norepinephrine levels, and then only mildly. icn't it a receptor agonist?

I usually get some caffeine in me before dropping via something like Sobe or other energy drinks, and I think something like that or a vivarin might work better than coffee on your stomach..But whatever you drink, just use moderation like Alpha suggested..Caffeine really only does so much, even while dropping..

4theluvofE said:
I've heard that it can potentiate and somewhat increase your roll,

caffeine does not potentiate MDMA's effects directly. but it (as mentioned above) will keep you more alert and awake. This makes many people much more...aware of the effects. For me, caffiene is good because MDMA (for some reason) makes me a bit drowsy.

^^^true true^^^ i only have an energy drink early in the morning when im a bit smacked out of X and tired from all the dancing!

in all seriousness when i have it it feels like my head is being kept up with string like a puppet, very cool feeling!

i usually have a sobe or something of that nature while rolling, it usually isnt enuff to boost my NRG, but last night i downd 2 red bulls, one about an hour b4 and the other about ten min into it and i was vividly awake for the entire exp. even when i came down i didnt feel like i NEEDED to sleep.

I know that everyone is pretty "over" this topic now, but I just wanted to ask... Out of those of you who do actually have an energy drink of some sort while rolling/waiting to come up, what kind do you like the best?

Possibly rolling for Halloween and was thinking of trying one whilst rolling, not for the added energy necessarily but just because I love trying different things when I'm on pills (different drinks, candy, etc.).

the sketch off of a certain caffeine/MDA pill i ate made me feel like my stomach was being ripped apart.

caffeine in general makes my digestive system touchy, but that was fucking torture.

so, umm.....depends on the person i guess.

Interesting.

Generally I have had good experiences by drinking a couple cups of coffee before rolling. But on another occasion I had drank some at 2.5hrs after rolling the same pills and I found that it made the experience less enjoyable. Perhaps because I became more "task oriented" and had a more difficult time relaxing.;)

Fuji wins the prize!! Caffeine works by attaching to and blocking adenosine receptors in both the CNS and PNS.

This blockade of adenosine leads to an indirect inhibition of norepinephrine, acetylcholine, glutamate, and dopamine, to name a few. The blockade causes increased activities of these transmitters.

IMO using anything more than a cup or two of coffee before rolling just tends to increase my stomach upset.

Drinking an energy drink (Red Bull was my personal fave) near the end of the roll always kept me going, and usually did not effect my stomach at all.

I usually take one "keep-awake" type caffiene tablet when rolling, I find I have less a touchy-feely experience but It helps on my comedown as I can usually fall asleep no problem (I can never sleep on comedown otherwise)!