who have passed away

~Bill

PsychoKitten

Bluelight Crew
~Bill

bill_small.jpg

William (Bill) Peden

24th September 1968 – 17th March 2002

An exceptionally talented and loving man, brimming with fierce intelligence and a vivid feel for all life’s wonders, Bill enhanced the lives of every person who crossed his path. Most often recalled as the guy on the dance floor with a smile for everyone, Bill radiated energy through his inspiring words, lust for life and zest for fun.

On a Wednesday night, upon return from an overseas trip, Bill’s flatmates found that he was not at home, concern soon turned to worry when after contacting his work; they were informed of his absence that week. Alarmed by this extremely unusual behaviour from the hard-working and dedicated man they knew, Bill’s flatmates rang around until they could determine that Bill had been to Arcadia, a music festival in Victoria.

Contacting his parents with the information gathered, Bill’s friends went to the police to file a missing person’s report and within an hour the search for Bill had begun, when darkness fell the search was suspended over night and the next morning Bill's body was found roughly 500 metres from the dance floor. It appeared that Bill had wandered off at dusk up steep incline in a forested area and on the way down he slipped and fell - likely fatally injuring himself.

Zany philosopher, talented software engineer, kind-hearted friend and generous soul, Bill exuded childlike innocence, his mischievous nature infectious, free-thinking and strong minded, articulate and daring, Bill touched the lives of many, the brilliance of Bill will continue to touch others through the recollections of his friends.

R.I.P ~Bill – your memory lives on in the hearts of all who knew you and your light shines on to enrich the lives of those who were not so lucky.

Last edited:
In the only way we know how, Ruski and I pay much love and respect to the memory of Bill, father of the DFC, respected member of Bluelight and friend to all.

bill_bunny.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
although I ddint know him personally, this thread and that cartoon bought tears to my eyes :(

It still surprises me that he's gone. It always seemed his strength of will was enough to make him immortal.

Even to this day when I see a bald guy from behind at a party my first automatic reaction is to think it's bill, because seeing bill was such a normal part of being out. :(

"Looking backwards to move forwards"

Fine words from a fine man. You are a true champion Bill. :)

I still kinda expect to see him at bush doofs, its always a sad moment when I realise that i won't... RIP :(

Well two years have now passed, Still think of you everyday and miss u just as much, the funny thing is i can still feel your presence each time i go out and im sure i will forever. May the force be with u, my crazy friend.

My friends and I still keep Bill alive through the retelling of many of Bill's adventures which we were lucky to be a part of.