to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Slipspeed

PsychoKitten

Bluelight Crew
Slipspeed

Adam Treloar

11th June 1977 – 15th November 2002

I had met Adam, a smiling face in the crowd and an energetic bundle seen on the dance floor.

Adam passed from this word abruptly, collapsing on the dance floor at a popular Brisbane nightclub. So beautiful, intelligent, witty and very kind, in a scene so often filled with backstabbing and bitchiness Adam was one of the few people that I had never heard anyone speak badly of.

R.I.P Adam, wherever you are I hope you’re still dancing.

24.gif

I few hours before I went out on saturday night I had Adam on my mind and to see this thread today makes me so happy and I am sure it would make adam happy too :).

I had to go to court earlier this year (as a witness) for another matter that happened at BDO and unfortunately things were brought up about Adam & I just couldn't handle it and broke down into pieces on the stand.

I really hope he is happy wherever he is now. I still get haunted by the fact that someone who used to be so close to me used to be so mean to Adam. I am glad to say that despite that person's feelings I still managed to be good friends with adam.

*hugs to wherever you are sweetheart*

Drink spike probe
CHRIS TAYLOR and NIKKI VOSS
24th November 2002 - The Sunday Mail, Queensland

POLICE will investigate claims a man who died on the dance floor of a Brisbane nightclub had his drink spiked.

Adam Treloar, 25, an information technology expert from inner-city New Farm, died last weekend at The Beat nightclub in Fortitude Valley.
He fell to the floor with violent convulsions shortly after having a drink about 12.30am on Saturday . He could not be revived despite the frantic efforts of ambulance crews.

About the time of Mr Treloar's death, a woman at the club was taken to hospital with similar symptoms.

The following night, another woman was taken from the club after complaining her drink had been spiked.

The death has spread fear and outrage among Brisbane's nightclubbers. Mr Treloar's friends have been flooding Internet chat sites with warnings that predatory spikers are trawling Queensland clubs.

Mr Treloar's death, which is being investigated by Brisbane police, is believed to have been initially attributed to the powerful and potentially lethal liquid designer drug GHB – also known as "Fanta" or "Fantasy" – which was behind a mass nightclub collapse involving up to 30 teenagers on the Gold Coast five years ago.

Friends of Mr Treloar – a well-known nightclub identity who was also known on the Internet and underground radio as "Slipspeed" – said he was not a drug user.

"If anything, he was a sometime drinker when he was out," friend Kath O'Donnell said.

Others who posted warnings on the Internet said drug use was completely out of character for Mr Treloar.

Detective Inspector Ben Hanbidge said an autopsy conducted on Mr Treloar had been inconclusive. Police were awaiting toxicology reports, which could take up to a fortnight.

Det-Insp Hanbidge said the circumstances of the death were consistent with a drug overdose, although it was too early to say if his drink had been spiked.

Mr Treloar, a former Merrimac State High School and Griffith University student, is thought to have suffered major brain injuries and died before ambulance crews could take him to hospital.

He kept a cyber diary, which he updated just four hours before his death.

His final entry says: "I'll definitely be heading out tonight. I may not know them but I'll be around people there for the same thing I am – to have fun and escape from things for a while."

His death has prompted warnings from drug counsellors that drink spiking, along with quantities of designer drugs ecstasy and GHB, are on the rise in the lead-up to the holiday period.

Drug Arm spokesman Mitchell Dobby said clubbers should be vigilant and not leave drinks unattended.

He also warned clubbers using drugs that it was vital to keep up their intake of water.

This week, a Queensland University of Technology survey found nearly a quarter of 325 patrons of southeast Queensland nightclubs suspected their drinks had been spiked. More than half the male and female patrons said they knew someone who also thought their drinks had been spiked in the past.

article here

It took months for the toxicology report to finally be released to his parents, but it confirmed that the combination of ghb & alcohol had caused major brain injuries to Adam and resulted in his death. I will never understand how someone could do something so horrible to such a wonderful person :/.
I just hope that the moment before he died Adam was having a good time and was not feeling like he did in his last Livejournal entry.

Every now and then I go read through Adam's journal, today was one of those days :) I read the comments and know that in the hearts of all his friends, he lives on.

I went through my own journal last night on one of those trips down memory lane :\ I found my entry from the morning we found out about Adam.

I know he's still greatly missed by many many people.

Sounded like an awesome guy .... wish i had the pleasure to meet him :( .... RIP

i couldnt stop crying after i read his last journal entry, where at the end he writes:
"If anyone has a better idea, let me know."

if only.

i never met this guy, or spoke to him. but the comments his friends had made, prove how much of a wonderful person he was.

RIP to a person i never knew, but wish i did.

Does anybody know the exact mechanism as to how a GHB & alcohol combo can result in 'brain damage'?