Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Crushing up a Pill & Smoking it

evandar

Bluelighter
Hey all, first post :)

Would it be possible to crush up a pill and smoke it in a glass pipe like you would Crystal Meth? Could it burn under a blue/green jet flame? It might be a different hit (closer to snorting than swallowing) because it is being smoked instead of consumed..

Now i'm sure that this has been bought up before - and i'm sure a lot of you would know if this would work.. but i've never heard of anyone doing it. Does anyone have an opinion on this idea? I havent asked anyone but I will most probably try it and let you chaps know how it goes if you want?

i was under the impression that MDMA into your lungs was bad for you.

MDMA in any method probably isn't good for you (as opposed to "bad" in the context of the above post). It's more a question of how far an individual wants to take it.

In reference to your specific question, I don't believe it would work because the binder and other shit in the pill wouldn't burn and would probably create a smoke that was so vile you couldn't keep it in your lungs. As for pure MDMA, I'm not sure.

No it is generally not considered a good idea. The tiny binder/filler particles can ignight causing them to be super hot when inhaled into your lungs - and this can cause real damage.

I think this about sums it up...

Many of the adulterants found in ecstasy tablets ARE active when smoked (this includes ketamine, amphetamine, methamphetamine among others). Since smoking often requires lower doses than oral ingestion, it could be even more of a gamble to smoke the unknown quantities of unknown adulterants. The dosages intended for oral ingestion could be problematic if smoked.

Since most MDMA comes in tablet form, all of the binders and fillers which are used to create the tablet would also be smoked. Generally these are selected because they are orally inactive, but it's quite possible that they would have unpleasant effects when smoked.

We have received several reports about smoking MDMA salts (the form used for oral consumption), and they generally agree that it's a waste of time, providing little to no effects other than a headache.
From Erowid.

:)

If you were dead set on smoking MDMA, a better option would be to freebase the amine and attempt vaporising that. However, processing anything less than ~10-20 x 50-100mg pills at a time would be quite awkward to handle, as the amounts contained in a even few pills is so small. In leiu of this, the practice is not something I suggest fits in line with sensible harm reduction practices. i.e. 20 pills is a lot for personal use

Example: (20 x 50mg tablets = 1g MDMA HCl; 1g of MDMA HCl = < 1.0mL fb.

While meth HCl appears to be quite stable when vapourised, MDMA HCl could very well decompose as many such compounds (salts) do. But the freebase won't, at least not as easily. When purifying MDMA, the fb is sometimes distilled as an alternative to distilling the ketone. Looking at the Erowid article, products from the thermal decomposition of MDMA HCl could well explain the reported headaches.

Definitely don't smoke pills IMO. I'd hate to think what you could be inhaling. Broadly speaking, there are several toxic substances I know of that as gases, require one inhalation only. It might take 30 years but the odds you'll get cancer are almost 100%. What goes into some batches of tablets one could only guess, and what some of these may turn into when heated in the presence of other chems......?

So at the very least know what it is that's being inhaled, and appreciate that inhaling vaporised MDMA would likely carry a host of added toxic affects, many of which could be significantly different to those produced from other forms of administration which have been more thoroughly researched. I have little doubt also that like meth, some neurotoxic effects would be magnified by this form of administration. If it's anything like meth in terms of its reduced duration, it would hardly seem worthwhile anyway. Even insufflation of MDMA markedly reduces duration of the peak. What would vapourising be expected to give; 10, maybe 15 minutes of effect?

yeah yeah... 'spose I should remember that just because I drink light beers, doesn't mean others don't like straight spirits ;)

Hmm thanks for the advice - at least now I know why i've never heard of anyone smoking pills. Guess I better not try it (untill i'm high enough to loose my common sense)

A long time ago in a Uni far far away, I discussed this same question with a Professor.

The response was, in lay man's terms, DONT DO IT. IT'S NOT GOOD FOR YOU AS IMPURITIES AND COMPOUNDS ARE UNKNOWN. ONCE HEATED AND COMBINED YOUR STEPPING INTO UNCHARTED TERRITORY.

Then the prof. rolled a long mellow scubbie and then proceeded to tell me of his experiences with LSA. Ah........

yeah not the best idea, besides the health reasons it leaves your pipe all crusty n grosse.

... and you end up smoking it all night. a very tiny amount of a pill will give you two or three hits that bring on an intense rush lasting about 15 minutes. then you want more. a whole pill can keep you smoking for hours... so unless you feel like acting like a crack addict all night instead of being social, it's not the best form of ingestion. i know of people who quite like the taste though (a lot more than snorting or chewing)...