Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News: Nightclub Closed After Drug Raid

Boomslang

Bluelighter
Taken from www.police.nsw.gov.au ... this story is a few weeks old, hadn't heard anything about it..

Nightclub Closed After Drug Raid – Darlinghurst
15, September 2003
A man has been charged after police allegedly discovered a large quantity of drugs in a city nightclub at the weekend.

About 6am on Sunday police from the Surry Hills Local Area Command were alerted to a number of people presenting themselves to hospitals in the city showing the symptoms of a drug overdose.

Further information was obtained that the people had consumed an amphetamine known as ‘GHB’ and had allegedly purchased it in a nightclub.

Fearing an extreme public health risk police sought and were granted an order under the Liquor Act to close the premises.

Shortly after 11am police from a number of metropolitan police stations entered the nightclub in Flinders Street at Darlinghurst and secured the premises.

With the assistance of a drug detection dog patrons were ushered from the club. Police discovered a large quantity of prohibited drugs which had been discarded by club goers.

Ecstasy tablets, bags of amphetamine, bags of ‘ice’, and vials of ‘GHB’ with an estimated street value of $20,000 were recovered and have been sent for further investigation, DNA and fingerprint analysis.

A 25-year-old Strathfield man, an employee of the club was arrested and charged with two counts of possess prohibited drug. He was granted bail and will appear at the Downing Centre Local Court on 7 October.

Cool! An amphetamine known as GHB. Where can I get me some of these new magic "one size fits all" drugs?

Ecstasy tablets, bags of amphetamine, bags of ‘ice’, and vials of ‘GHB’ with an estimated street value of $20,000 were recovered and have been sent for further investigation, DNA and fingerprint analysis.

Err.. what?

BigTrancer :)

^^^^^
i think it's just the media exagerating.

Bu then again, i heard on the news the other day that the council are going to start to DNA dog shit.

The stupid thing about the Law/Police is $20,000 worth of drugs, is most likely about $5,000 worth of drugs, as Police value the drug at some ridiculous street price based on the quantity. For instance, Police value 1 Ecstasy Tablet as being worth around $70.00.

WTF! - Its just to make them look better when they say, "OOOh LOOK - We found $20,000 WORTH!"

BULLSHIT! :)

That report is hideously flawed in its drug naming. If that's the best the police can do it makes me worry about their media department's reporting on dangerous drugs like PMA.

its funny that they call GHB an amphetamine, somehow cops must be under the impression that it is

a friend of mine was busted with GHB a few months back and when she went to court, they were accusing her of posseing an amphetamine etc etc, and it basically got thrown out of court because the cops didnt know what they were talking about, and because it was a first time etc.

it just amazes me how stupid police can be sometimes

The club is ARQ.

There is another thread on this, but I am feeling technologically challenged today. Perhaps somebody brighter could provide a link?

The police spokesman in a press release did in fact refer to GHB as an amphetamine...

hahahahahah..........and shout outs go to the NSW Police for attempting to extract DNA from pills and viles of GHB.....good onya guys, I hear Police also have found an impartial fingerprint on one of the esctacy tablets, they said it must be the only man in the world with a fingerprint pattern that is Red with a big '3' on it.

shal said:
The stupid thing about the Law/Police is $20,000 worth of drugs, is most likely about $5,000 worth of drugs, as Police value the drug at some ridiculous street price based on the quantity. For instance, Police value 1 Ecstasy Tablet as being worth around $70.00.

WTF! - Its just to make them look better when they say, "OOOh LOOK - We found $20,000 WORTH!"

BULLSHIT! :)

yep - and I wonder what the real $$ cost of the whole operation was, including police time, administration, forensics, dna testing, etc, etc - even at an exaggerated $20K it probably cost them twice as much to get it…of course no amount to money is ever too much to win the war on drugs. :\

hux.

About 6am on Sunday police from the Surry Hills Local Area Command were alerted to a number of people presenting themselves to hospitals in the city showing the symptoms of a drug overdose.

Fearing an extreme public health risk police sought and were granted an order under the Liquor Act to close the premises.

I don’t think this is an example of police trying to win the ‘war on drugs’ Clubs in Sydney having $20000 or more of drugs on people on the floor is a common occurrence. Police ‘securing’ and shutting down clubs is not.

It looks as if this was a successful public health operation and may have saved some people from a night in hospital, if not their lives. The cost of such an operation is irrelevant. There is no mention of any arrests being made and the club has reopened as far as I am aware.

Maybe the Club didn't pay enough Bribe to the Police that week and so the cops thought shutting em down would be a lesson to all clubs in the st that you got to pay ya bribE!!

:)