Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Roadside Drug Testing?

babelicious

Bluelighter
Hey All,

I'm not sure if i'm in the right forum or not but here goes..

I've heard recently that there will be road side ecstasy drug testing in Victoria, Aus..

Targeted at rave parties..

Anyone else heard about this?
Is it happening at the moment?

Thanks,

Babelicious

Rxt, there are new tests being brought in that use saliva rather than piss. Its a lot easier for a cop to say "swab this in your mouth please" than "Can you step out of the vehicle, I want you to piss in this cup for me please", especially if its a female.

Since this is an Australia only thing it'll probably get more response in the Oz discussion forum :)

yes there will be targeted roadside drug testing, so be aware of this when planning a drive home, especially bush parties where theres less exit points. the police also have the right to search your car and person for drugs if they have reason to suspect you might be carrying them. have a read of the following threads:

News: 21/07/2003 : Vic Drivers risk visit to the 'drugs bus'

Victoria Police considering introducing roadside saliva drug tests

NEWS: The Age 15 Sep 03: Random driver drug tests on the way

*bump* might as well have another thread bouncing around about these tests, they are looming, and they will change shit a lot if they go ahead.

BT.

the police also have the right to search your car and person for drugs if they have reason to suspect you might be carrying them

.. which means if you look like you could have drugs, or are in a x km range from a party ... pfft.

But seriously, it is dangerous to drive whilst under the influence, and should be avoided for the safety reasons alone, let alone the risk of police.

I've heard these tests are coming in in the new year as the finer details are still under discussion in Parliament...anyone know more on this?

I just heard on ABC radio today, that in the last 3 years some 500+ drivers have been blood tested for drugs, of which 495 were charged.

85% of those were male, and the average age was 27.

50% of the drivers were unemployed.

Where u unemployed folk get all the drugdosh? ;)

Interesting nonetheless =D

I think they were probably "unemployed" - as in the tax man didn't know about their line of business cos their line of business wasn't exactly above water... ;)

Indeed Pleo... Many people have very different definitions of employment to the ATO :)

Considering the original poster's post was made after a post about Godskitchen tonight, the answer to your question is:

YES.... but probably not tonight.