• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

whats the side effects of mdma and antibiotics?

xtccccccc

Bluelighter
im going out this weekend and i have been perscribed with antibiotics just wondering if anyone has ever popped pills while being on antibiotics? your help will be much appeciated 8o 8o 8o

Welcome to Bluelight! The search button is your friend (also we have a forum dedicated to health issues with lots of helpful info)

Guide to Antibiotics and MDMA

fairnymph said:
I'm currently taking the antibiotic ________ , and I want to take MDMA -- is this safe?
If you are sick enough to be taking an antibiotic, there is a good chance that you aren't healthy enough to take MDMA. MDMA supresses the immunes system, making it easier to catch viruses and infections. Thus, if you are trying to fight an infection, and you take MDMA, there is a good chance that it will take you longer to recover from your infection. For this reason, it is strongly recommended that you wait until you are in better health before taking MDMA.
Most antibiotics are theoretically safe to combine with MDMA. I say 'theoretically' because although there are no forseeable interactions, there has been no medical research on the combination of MDMA and antibiotics.
There are a number of people who have rolled safely on antibiotics, and to date a bad interaction between an antibiotic and MDMA has never been reported. However, this does not gaurantee that you won't have an interaction, so keep this in mind.

I've been guilty of going out in the past when I've been sick and I really suggest you think about whether the possible down-sides (being sicker for longer etc) are worth it - there's plenty more weekends ahead and your body might thank you for it!

thanks im taking antibiotics becuase i got ear infections from a speedy weekend last weekend

The mdma can make the antibiotics 'loved up' or so speak, which can result in less effectiveness, as the antibiotics would rater sit down and work things out with the foreign pathogens, however when it comes to pathogens, is not a good idea, and can result in further infection.

...sorry, I couldnt resist...=D

Also watch the sound level of any place you go. Ear infections and loud music are not a good combo.

I had a roll while on anti-biotics for bronchitis. I was half way through my course of antibiotics and my chest was starting to clear up, but after a big night out on both e and speed my bronchitis returned with a vengance!
I'm not sure if it was just the fact that I spent 6 hours in a smokey club (not smoking myself) dancing, when I probably should have been at home in bed, or the mdma reduced the antibiotics effectivness for long enough for the bronchitis to relapse.
The end result was my bronchitis stayed round longer and I had to get a second course of anti biotics. On the plus side I still had a very good pill expirience on the night:)

Last edited:
I have personally have to agree that if you are on antibiotics to help you heal, then going out and taking chems in a smokey, loud environment, also going in and out of a warm club into cold air is a total contradiction in what you are trying to do.

I had acute tonsilitis and was on anti b's, thinking I was made of steel, I decided to go out while I was still sick, and as a result I ended up relapsing fiercely, and it took me a long time to get well again.

There will be plenty of good nights out, so missing one, to save your health is by far the best option IMHO.

:)

I am going to put this to the test on Sunday at a big day-event organised in the city. I know it's not good and I've been sick for two weeks because I partied at a friends birthday last weekend but I've had my ticket for months and really want to see these internationals :\

All my friends are planning to go out after this event finishes but I'm thinking I will go home in an effort to not get worst. I will be the one waving to them saying: "have a good night!"

Somehow though, I don't think it will happen this way.

If you don't want to get sicker, avoid the 'recovery party' at all costs... getting physically exhausted and denying your body food for 48 hours while you take drugs isn't the best way to assist the antibiotics to make you healthy. IMO.

BigTrancer :)

The time i rolled on abocillin (sp?) as i had tonsilitis (no eating for a week or so due to about 18 ulcers in my mouth - YUMMY! :D)i found it really didn't do it for me - my body was exhausted from the whole fighting off the evil infection that i found my roll was pretty weak and i was scattered for a week and a bit - though i can't prove it's a from a direct result of the interaction of the 2 - it certainly felt like it and i took a 3 month break afterwards as i just needed it. Following up what BT said I think if your body's recovering from somethign like that it needs all the rest, energy and help it can get (*cue me ranting on about how beroccas have changed my life and given me back my b-b-bounce countless times! :)).

I'd still go out but have an early one and not even drink much alcohol and take it pretty damn easy... I thin kthe short term 'loss' is well worth it in the long run.

Edited - Fixed a spelling mistake and removed a 16 page evangelising rant about beroccas giving back your b-b-bounce!!