Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Temazepam- benzo- Sleep on plane

Cdcbraja

Bluelighter
Hi all.

I went to mah doctor this morning to get something for my long plane trip tommorow 14 hours ( bris to L.a ) and he gave me Temazepam 10mg..

Ive never taken any sleeping tablets before so Dont know what they are like.. HE said just to have 1 and that should be enough...

has anyone had Temazepam b4??? what would happen If i had 2 ??
Just want to make sure I can sleep.. hate flying!!!!!

Braja.

Temazepam is my favourite benzo when used for what it's prescribed. They're excellent for sleep, kicking in quickly and without the nasty after effects of most other benzos. One thing though, they're short acting. Great for getting you to sleep, but not so good at keeping you there.

It's not unsafe to take higher doses, so 20mg would be fine. Personally, I'd be inlcined to go higher if I was really having trouble sleeping.

Don't mix them with alcohol, because you're likely to end up running around the plane naked and not remember any of it :D

If I was flying to LA, I'd be taking a bottle of temazepam along with me. They really are the travellers friend :)

also.. Will I be fine with Airport Security ?? in the usa .. Will they be like

" WHAT IS THIS MR BRAJA!!!!!! "

and begin to apply rubber gloves ?

:)

BRaja.

Hey braja!! Long time no see! I was up your way on Saturday!

RE: benzos and other countries...when i travelled to the UK, i had mersyndol and temazepam with me, but i just got my doc to write me a letter stating what they were for. I know that in Countries like Greece, you'd have a hard time getting that kind of medication into the country...not sure on LA though. Best to ring your doc, and if in doubt, get a letter....anyway, it's not like you have 20 bottles or anything =D

Have fun OS!!!!!

Pussy.

Watch the inflight movies/video games etc etc.

Make sure you're not drugged up and move around a lot.. you know it's dangerous if you don't right?

wtf?!?! you walk in saying you wanna sleep through a plane trip and the doc gives you 10mg maz !!! fark. what med school did he go to?

I have never taken temazepam on a plane, but in normal circumstances I need 1 or 2 to induce sleep. And that's in a comfortable bed in a quiet room. I doubt 2 would put me to sleep on a plane, but you may be fine. I think I'd rather use one at the other end of the flight so I could sleep comfortably afterwards.

It would be best to get a Dr's letter, just to be on the safe side. And don't take the tablets out of the pack / bottle - leave them in the labelled container. If you declare them you should be fine.

"wtf?!?! you walk in saying you wanna sleep through a plane trip and the "doc gives you 10mg maz !!! fark. what med school did he go to? "

What do you mean by that????

dimmo said:
Pussy.

Watch the inflight movies/video games etc etc.

Make sure you're not drugged up and move around a lot.. you know it's dangerous if you don't right?

yeah that sounds like fun, you try watching the same movies over and over and over like I had to on my trip to London, I would have killed someone for a teaspoon of Taze...

I've had Temazepam many times it's a relatively weak hypnotic benzo. One 10mg will most certainly not induce sleep, the prescribed dosage for sleep is 2 10mg tablets. It has a short half life compared to Mogadon(Nitrazepam) which is why i prefer that later. I don't like advising against doctors orders but i'd start with 20mg, if your not tiring after an hour or so one more might help. If by a strange miracle you do sleep since its so short acting you'll be awake in an hour or so, feeling like shit as the drug is still active in your system.

IMO Have 1 temazepam and a large glass of water just before the flight and a drink of alcohol on the plane and you'll sleep (mostly normally) no worries. If you take a whole bunch of temazepam and knock yourself out cold then you'll lie in 1 position for 14 hours at lower-than-normal pressure, increasing the risk of developing a deep vein thrombosis or blood clot.

BigTrancer :)

Not being a regular benzo taker at all I tend to agree with BT. I find that even if I'm amped up & sleep is impossible, just a half a 5mg valium knocks me out. From what I understand tamazepam is of similar potency and actions, so 1 may be all that's needed.

Don't forget the warning about not drinking while on benzos.

For those that have taken these before- do they have a calming effect at all like Valium? I hate flying too:)

^^^They have some minor calming effects but are primarily used to induce sleep not relieve stress and anxiety. If thats what your after anti-anxiety benzos such as Xanax and Valium are what you'd want.

All benzodiazepines have similar properties - they all reduce anxiety, they all relax muscles, they can all induce sleep at the right dose, and they can all induce amnesia. The main reason some are used for sleep and some are used for anxiety is because of differences in duration of action etc. So yes, temazepam will reduce anxiety.

Or eat some pot cookies before the plane.... I love it! eat couple of cookies before the flight, flew from Carins to Melbourne totally smashed, and that was excellent!

I take valiums now and then..... I only take them with couple of beers to help me relax and sleep bit better.......

man recently i got off the cheebs and popped a 5mg val each of the first two nights on the wagon (or is that off?)

and fuck, that shit did the job. i was a moderate to heavy smoker, the type where your body goes into hyperdrive after 24 hours without cheebs. i thought i'd have BIG problems sleeping first night. but the 5mg val, combined with 45 of codeine, and i was lying in bed thinking... man, fuck smoking.... this shit fuckin rocks... then i passed out :)

I just got 25 x 10mg Temazepam prescribed to me, cause for the past week I have had about 2 hours sleep in total - bloody insomniacs!

I'm very weary about taking benzos, as I havent before and I like my alcohol - how long after having a benzo can you have a drink without it knocking you about?