Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

BAN the term "liquid ecstasy?

banga

Ex-Bluelighter
after reading posts on 1,4b and ghb, i believe, it would be a pragmatic idea to ban the term 'liquid ecstasy' here on bluelight.

there are many naive people who cannot differentiate between the terms 'ecstasy' and 'liquid ecstasy'.

but...... THEY ARE DIFFERENT DRUGS!

one being relatively safe and the other not (liquid ecstasy), in terms of dosage and poly-drug use.

since hospital emergency rooms are usually treating more OD's on 'liquid ecstasy' rather than 'ecstasy' it would appear their is a general misunderstanding of each drug in relation to the terminology used to describe each.

so......since in the past we have had debates on the term 'smacky' i reckon its time to get rid of the term 'liquid ecstasy'.

if it saves ONE life then it is fucking worth it.

thoughts?

yeah i agree, but the thing is it's hard to get rid of the term in the general public. You may be able to ban it on this site but most people here are educated enough to know the dangers of G.

I agree!

En_warp said:
yeah i agree, but the thing is it's hard to get rid of the term in the general public. You may be able to ban it on this site but most people here are educated enough to know the dangers of G.

This is the first step. :)

If you get the dealers to stop selling 'this awesome new stuff they just got in and it's *liquid ecstacy*' can you get them to stop selling K and speed pills too?

I'm sorry, but anyone who knows what it is and what it does to you doesn't call it "liquid ecstacy" unless they are trying to sell it. Pretty much the only way you are going to stop trouble stemming from it is informing the public as to what the so called "liquid ecstacy" is and to stop buying from and trusting dealers that use such an ambiguous name for such a dangerous drug.

perhaps someone could work at creating a "glossary of terms" type thing for the drug discussion forums (which would also incorporate which words *don't* or *shouldn't* exist?). i'd volunteer myself, but my knowledge is pretty much centered around only a few drugs, so it wouldn't be very good :)

what do people think of this idea though, 'cause i might chuck it over to feedback if anyone thinks it's okay!

I agree, a comprehensive glossary would be handy. There are some terms covered in the FAQ but it is already quite a lot of reading so rather than add to it, perhaps such topic could have its own page.

I don't think we'll ever be able to stop the use of certain terms. This was discussed at some length in the thread Do you agree removing "smack" reference is good or bad in pill reports?

An idea could be to have a page header stating words considered to be misleading or having more than one applied (drug related) meaning.

In the meantime, a gentle reminder or correction is usually all that's required to avoid confusion. Remember, what may be a ridiculous name for something to you, may be an acceptable slang in another circle. We could write more rules and be really strict on posters who don't comply, but we already have lots of rules -all considered necessary- so things are thought about and discussed carefully before new restrictions are introduced.