Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

News - Cannabis Decriminalised in WA

Fry-d-

Bluelight Crew
WA passes new cannabis bill
Minor possession of cannabis in Western Australia is set to be decriminalised after legislation finally cleared state Parliament last night.

Labor's Cannabis Control Bill was passed on the Government's numbers, with amendments approved by the Legislative Council.

Under the reforms, possession of up to 30 grams of cannabis leaf, or two plants ,will no longer attract a criminal record, although a "three-strikes" clause will target people issued with repeat infringements.

The successful passage of the bill, first introduced in March by the former Health Minister, Bob Kucera, sees the major recommendation of the 2001 Community Drug Summit achieved.
ABC News

It finally passed. ;)

yeah, they class buds as leaf!!

i was once caught with some pretty nice buds in QLD, and in court they said it was cannibas leaf! i almost felt like shouting at them for calling my precious buds leaf!!!

good to hear that this has been decriminalised!!

just a question,

i have been caught twice previously with buds, but in QLD. would this still count in the "3 strikes" clause?? or would i get a clean slate?
because a conviction was never recorded on either occasion, just a warning the first time, and probation the second(thanks to my crafty court appointed lawyer)!!!!!

now we just gotta get past decriminalisation, and into the realms of legalisation!!!!
that will be a good day for all!!!

If only it was NSW, QLD or VIC, no offence to WA'ers, but to see it get decriminalised in one of the 3 i mentioned would be an incredible step forward. Hmm, im in Melb, i think we need to start some kind of movement...

meh, we need it like a couple of years ago back here in adelaide....
10 plants indoor AND/OR outdoor 150$ fine................ or something along them lines. but then they changed it to 3, and now only one............. not that stops anyone.

good to see other states finally waking up, cannabis isnt a problem or does it cause crime.

(unless you have a massive setup in 3 rooms with timers and self irrogation)

cuz mother fuckers wanna Home Invasion that shit.

^^^^^^^^^^^ 3 big states

i think it has been in sydney where you can carry upto 18 grams or some shit and claim it as personal use.

I'm pretty sure in NSW the limit for personal use is 20g, I'm at uni now, I'll check my law handbook when I get home :)

The question kept itching at me so I went to the uni library and checked it out. In NSW a trafficable amount is 300g :) It sounds really high, I'm not sure having 10 ounces would constitute personal use but it also says that 30g is an indictable quantity, also here's a link to the NSW Drug Misuse and Trafficking Act which repeats what I'm saying :) Look under cannabis leaf :)

Last edited:
^^^
well it was good buds! and i lost em to the cops! and then they had the nerve to call it leaf! aaaaaarrrrrrgggghhhh
i was horrified!!! :X

hehe, i'm off to cairns for a week!! get to smoke some cones after a 3 months break! can't wait!

see ya in a week! =D