• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Do you enjoy being lucid more than being high?

Raving Loony

Bluelighter
Depending on how this goes, this may be more of a Aus Social thread.

This is sort of a silly question, but I'll ask it anyway...

Do you enjoy being lucid more than being high?

If you were to ask me this question any time in from about six months ago to about four years ago, my answer would have definitely been high. But more and more lately I seek clarity in my thinking, the very seldom few times when I have been high haven't particularly amazing. So much so that I have been enjoying those long sober periods. I like the feeling of my mind being more productive during the daytime. I like knowing that I am not spending my money on silly little mind messing games, but yet I still feel that every now and then it is something that I must do just because I feel that I may become somewhat boring and rigid.

Hey Raving Looney, you are not alone. I am an infrequent dropper, maybe 3-4 times a year. Why? Partly in the interest of HM, and partly because, although I enjoy altered states, I also enjoy being sharp and on the ball. I guess I really like feeling intelligent (the reaon pot just doesn't do it for me) although I do find insight during/after rolling (I don't get really ripped though). So yeah, I understand where you are coming from - drug-induces states are a fun and potentially enlightening experience, but it important to enjoy life sober too!

:)Smiley

I guess I really like feeling intelligent (the reaon pot just doesn't do it for me)

Interesting line. I had a younger friend who some years ago came to this area after having to escape the local fury of a Pacific Island constablary. This guy had always been the typical "hopeless case" and got into all manner of trouble. He smoked pot like a train and seemed to have no willpower whatsoever.

Then almost out of the blue, he gave up smoking when he found religion. Although perhaps unfortunante that he had to take this route, his life turned around almost instantly. He developed his own successful business and walked with confidence.

When I asked him how he thought religion had given him success, he replied
"No it wasn't the religion, it was giving up pot....I'd always thought I was below average intelligence but now that I don't smoke I know I'm actually quite smart".

Goes to show that pot like any drug is not for eveyone.

Yeah, its certainly a good question to keep asking yourself. I've found that recently, I certainly have passed the period of living for being fucked up/high/tripping. They're a very pleasant augmentation to my life, but they are in no way superior to being completely lucid.

And that's a VERY good anecdote phase_dancer :)

-plaz out-

Altered states are fun but I wouldn't like to live like that. There's a particular reason why we're "lucid" a lot of the time.

Smiley fish: i understand 101% what you said about pot. Why bother? anyways, being lucid kicks ass, you get shit done, earn $$$ which you can then spend... on anything you like!

this isn't a well defined question. I mean, if i were going out to a club I'd like to be high, if im going to a school class, then i like to be lucid. I could go on but you get the point. I mean obviously you take drugs to get high when being high is what you feel would be the appriate state of mind. I mean, obviously this is why people take drugs, if everyone wanted to be lucid ALL the time no one would use drugs.

"I have chosen not to use marijuana, as I feel the light-headed intoxication and benign alteration of consciousness does not adequately compensate for an uncomfortable feeling that I am wasting my time"

- Alexander Shulgin

:)

If someone was to offer me a drug that make me significantly more lucid and a drug that made me have a memorable trip/high/roll, then I'd pick the former anyday nowadays.