• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Zubsolv 5.7 & Suboxone 8mg

opiatekrzy

Bluelighter
I had a question regarding both zubsolv 5.7/1.4mg and Suboxone 8/2mg.
I recently was started on suboxone 8/2. However, when I went to the pharmacy to pick it up, apparently my health insurance does not cover suboxone anymore and there new drug for replacement is Zubsolv 5.7/1.4mg
Dissappointed that I got duped, and ending up getting less MG of bupe for my daily intake, I decided to email my doctor and ask if my zubsolv dose can be adjusted where I'm still getting my 16mg daily intake , as that was the original plan as he wrote sub 8/2.

He explained to me, that zubsolv was designed to allow your body to metabolize buprenorphine better sublingually than how the sub strips do. He mentioned to me, that because of this fact , my body will metabolize enough bupe taken SL (zubsolv route) just as efficient as how well a sub 8mg will metabolize. He stated that a SL sub 8, metabolizes the same amount of bupe that a Zubsolv will metabolize, as suboxone does not metabolize as efficiently, this new zubsolv, will still provide the same metabolized amount even at 5.7mg since its design lets the body metabolize it better than the poor route of film. I hope this makes sense how I explained it.

Can anyone be of any help and and let me know If my doctor that specializes in addiction is wrong? Thanks guys

He's right. I'm on zubsolv and it works every bit as well as suboxone for me. It tastes better and dissolves way faster too. I'm a fan I think it works great

Yes. I actually prefer it over suboxone. I'm on the 5.7/1.4 twice a day. I'll take zubsolv over sub hands down.

Ive been on Subs for close to 6 years. I started out with 24/mg daily and against the advice of my doctor I slowly weened myself down to about 4mg every other day. There was a point where my health insurance lapsed and my doc wrote me a script for zubsolv for 7 days and it actually wasnt too bad. tasted SO much better than subs and dissolves much quicker. I was unsure about the dosage as well but I felt just fine, if not better than normal. I wish I could continue on the zubsolv but I sometimes distribute my prescription to others and no one really knows about zubsolv yet so it easier to just get the suboxone rather than explaining to every client i see what zubsolv is. But honestly if you have the chance to switch, id take zub any day over suboxone.