• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Zopiclone + weed + alcohol (a while ago)

spray3

Greenlighter
I havn't drinken anything for at least 24 hours though and then ~5 beers a day for a period of 5 days.

Have recently taken 7.5mg zopiclone and smoked 2 joints. Having fears about respiratory distress, but it probably shouldn't be any concern, right 8)8)

I'm 90kgs, male, 30+ years old. Zero tolerance to zopiclone.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should be okay smoking weed and zopiclone without worrying about respiratory distress. Probably would make you feel more sleepy.

I've taken up to 50 mg of zopiclone at any one time (being non-tolerant) and also smoked a little bud, and didn't notice any serious respiratory depression. Benzos or non-benzos are usually with a pretty wide therapeutic index, and adding cannabis shouldn't decrease respiratory function much.

OP, good for you for being cautious. You're right that combining Central Nervous System depressants can be dangerous, but you're not pursuing anything that I would call seriously dangerous. You're doing the right thing by starting low and testing the waters, not to mention doing research on the subject.

Unless you are especially drunk, the alcohol that you drank the previous day is going to be pretty much irrelevant in relation to potential respiratory depression.

As I suspected, I probably was a bit edgy from the weed :) All good.