• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Zopiclone to Lorazepam

Jungo871

Bluelighter
I'm on zopiclone 7.5mg X2 a week and it does nothing except give me a shit taste in my mouth no sleep. I'm also on 30mg of Diazepam which does nothing and I'm asking if GPs in the UK would consider either upping my zopiclone dosage to 3 a week or lorazepam 2x a week taking away the zopiclone? Not trying to score but my mental health is shit and with no sleep I'm desperate don't want to buy it online. Any suggestions or experience with this? Again I'm not Dr shopping just need some advice thanks

Lorazepam is less hypnotic than zopiclone and diazepam, so not sure it would benefit you.
Maybe a break from the zopiclone would help, or upping the dose.

Zopiclone should work better then lorazepam.
I had to take my tv out of my room and do boring mind numbing things before bed. If my brain is overthinking i won't sleep.
Exercise has helped me too.
Ive heard trazodone works well
I hope you get relief because not sleeping does suck

Thanks for replies I think I'm going to leave it as it is don't want to lose my script and as your both saying zopiclone is stronger I'll stick with it. I can't up dose only on 2 a week and it's weird I actually feel more awake if I don't go to sleep straight away. I get mirtazapine which I think is similar to trazadone? Last night I took my mirtazapine and had heartburn all night really bad so got up and took 2 omprezole (which I know makes diazepam more potent) and been up since then. I took 2 5mg diazepam this morning and now I feel more sedated than usual. I ended up taking around 5 omprezole because it was the worse heartburn I've had for a long time. Thanks axe battler and Lucy I'll stick with what I've got my GP thinks I'm a doctor shopper and disagrees with the diazepam

Edit: would nytol be ok to take occasionally when I'm not on zopiclone, along with my diazepam dosage?

Last edited:
Thanks for replies I think I'm going to leave it as it is don't want to lose my script and as your both saying zopiclone is stronger I'll stick with it. I can't up dose only on 2 a week and it's weird I actually feel more awake if I don't go to sleep straight away. I get mirtazapine which I think is similar to trazadone? Last night I took my mirtazapine and had heartburn all night really bad so got up and took 2 omprezole (which I know makes diazepam more potent) and been up since then. I took 2 5mg diazepam this morning and now I feel more sedated than usual. I ended up taking around 5 omprezole because it was the worse heartburn I've had for a long time. Thanks axe battler and Lucy I'll stick with what I've got my GP thinks I'm a doctor shopper and disagrees with the diazepam

Edit: would nytol be ok to take occasionally when I'm not on zopiclone, along with my diazepam dosage?

Ive used nytol before with clonazepam so i can't see there being a problem as long as you don't overdo it but you seem to have a good head on your shoulders... no easy feat with insomnia lol. Some days i get messed up on simple math and im an engineer lol,
I hate when doctors treat us as drug seekers for wanting relief

Ohh and i take mirtazipine, it helps me get to sleep but i don't stay asleep, they may be causing you the morning grogginess.
What dose are you on? I started with 15mg because im sensitive to antidepressants but went up to 30mg