• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Zopiclone and Opiates

Kallisti23

Bluelighter
I know gaba drugs and opiates are generally a dangerous combination. I have recently acquired a few Zopiclone which are very pharmaceutically similar to benzos. I have a moderate tolerance to bezos and opiates and combine the two (in moderate doses of course) on occasion. Would a small dose of Zopiclone be any more or less dangerous than benzos with opiates?

Thanks.

Zoplicone and other z-drugs do not possess the same myorelaxant strength as benzodiazepines and feature less respiratory depression, but they can still be dangerous when combined with opioids, so proceed with caution...

Thanks for the info, I will proceed cautiously indeed. I know they're slightly different drugs so might be difficult to accurately compare, but any idea about the dosage equivalence to diazepam? The only source I can find online says 7.5mg Zop is equal to 5mg diazepam, meaning that 30mg Zop would be the same as 20mg diazepam. I don't have much experience with Zopiclone but this sounds wildly off to me.

That sounds about right, although it is hard to compare the two given the profound differences.

The apparent disparity in this suggested equivalence may stem from diazepam's significantly greater myorelaxant potency rather than to suggest a hypnotic equivalence.

Zoplicone and other z-drugs do not possess the same myorelaxant strength as benzodiazepines and feature less respiratory depression, but they can still be dangerous when combined with opioids, so proceed with caution...

As usual, I agree with Negrogesic. The Z-Drugs are not as dangerous in this type of situation. Just treat them with respect and you should be fine!

They can't be compared 7.5mg might kick your ass with opioids and make you pass out and choke on your own vomit, then again they might not but you sleep so hard on them you never fucking know

Two different drugs, like I mentioned before in another thread I've been addicted to both and heavily, please don't try and compare them

Please don't think you can take the equivalent to what you can on benzos, they knock you the fuck out if you take to many, add opioids on top is stupid, others have said they're safe but taking 2 depressants together isn't safe what might be fine for one person might not be for the next

I hate zoplicone never again! It makes my head feel light not in a good way and my girlfriend was in bed while I slept on floor on the other side of a massive room and every time I closed my eyes I kept thinking she was sneaking up to me and staring at me in an intimidating way like putting her face in front of mine but when I opened my eyes she was just sitting on her with laptop also other weird shit she even said I was talking all sorts of shit but we both knew it was the drug does anyone else get these horrible side effects??

@Ganjcat that made me giggle, I pictured that and it tickled me, sorry lol, yeah it's fucking weird, I get bad nightmares for a few days after taking it, not when I take it but days afterwards

Z-drugs are trippy...

I used take 5-6 ambien and force myself to stay awake and watch TV with the screen turned off...

Once I saw a patch of paint on the wall on my living room waving at me and blowing me kisses, this was on 8 x 7.5mg zopiclone after mdma and amphetamines at a rave lol, my son and ex could see his outline too but obviously he wasn't blowing them kisses lol

It was so funny, but when I saw the paint after I could still sort of see him so I washed the wall a bit, and now I feel bad as my little alien shaped friend who waved at me is gone, but I felt as if he was watching me so I had to wash him off

Without getting into the medical info why it could be a bad mix, which is covered..

Zopiclone and opiates just don't mix well, it's not fun. I'd just take the zopiclone in a medium-high dose on its own, power myself to stay awake, and "trip". Its a weird drug.

When I was a kid, I mixed it with a few or several T3s. Made me feel sick if I remember correctly. Nothing about the high was any fun. Opiates, yes. Zopiclone, weird drug and hardly recreational, but OK. Just dont mix. It'll probably suck!

Once I saw a patch of paint on the wall on my living room waving at me and blowing me kisses, this was on 8 x 7.5mg zopiclone after mdma and amphetamines at a rave lol, my son and ex could see his outline too but obviously he wasn't blowing them kisses lol

It was so funny, but when I saw the paint after I could still sort of see him so I washed the wall a bit, and now I feel bad as my little alien shaped friend who waved at me is gone, but I felt as if he was watching me so I had to wash him off

Screenshot-20200529-142236-Chrome.jpg

Late to the party, sorry to bring old thread back, but I personally take eszopiclone 3mg nightly with 2mg buprenorphine (6mg total for whole day) with 0 problems. I know bupe is only partial agonist tho. Have also added kratom in that mix with nausea at worst.