• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Zonisamide: Any Recreational Value?

TheSacredTree

Bluelighter
Like the title says, is there any recreational value in Zonisamide/Zonegran?

I've heard of weight loss, light trails, and an increase in energy after taking it so i wanted to know if anyone has any experience with it.

Is there really nobody that knows the answer or am i just being ignored? I know it's not a commonly prescribed medication but there's quite a bit of people on this website so someone must have tried it at some point.

Sorry for the self bump but i would really like to know.

Last edited:
I've never tried it, sorry i can't help... btw from personal experience... you're threads gonna get closed soon. sucks i know, sorry!

uhhh... it is most certainly not recreational in any way shape or form. It is a POWERFUL anticonvulsant that makes you feel like shit.

^/thread.

you can not get high off of zonisamide. do not take it.

Oh. Okay. Thanks everybody. That's all i needed to know.

It can be closed now if you want.

I love it. I guess I have some predisposition but personally, it's the best non-scheduled drug I've ever tried besides baclofen. Increase in energy, I eat perfect because I have no appetite, and music sounds amazing.

Actually some antiepileptics do have recreational value, like the gabapentinoids, but I'm not sure with this one. Wikipedia tells it does modulate GABA and glutamate which might sound promising though. Please report if you should decide to try it, I'm curious!

Actually some antiepileptics do have recreational value, like the gabapentinoids, but I'm not sure with this one. Wikipedia tells it does modulate GABA and glutamate which might sound promising though. Please report if you should decide to try it, I'm curious!
The add-ons surely have, Clobazam and Clonazepam are also quite recreational.

Zonisamide mechanisme of action is a bit unclear, GABA mediated neuronal inhibition and working on the voltage of Sodium and Calcium channels the dr's drug bible says ( no mention about Glutamate ) sounds a bit like a crossover between Acamprosate and a Gabapentinoid.