• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Zomorph

Delish1973

Bluelighter
Which is the best way to get pain relief taking this capsule.
Taking it on an empty tummy
Eating grapefruit before taking it
Crushing the beads

Im dependent on morphine having taken it for many years! There must be a way surely of taking it to get better absorption without inserting it

Firstly, if you are prescribed morphine you most likely have a legitimate need for it. I recommend talking with your Dr. about you can change for your pain management. However, if your Dr. either doesn't want to increase your dose or you don't obtain it via Rx. While grapefruit juice would normally work for other opioids morphine is a little different. Morphine is not metabolized by the CYP450 system and therefore inhibiting it with grapefruit juice would have basically no effect. Morphine's primary active metabolite morphine-6-glucoronide (M6G) has around a 50-fold greater potency than morphine itself. The way that morphine is metabolized is through the UGT 2B7 enzyme. Which is not as well studied. So theoretically, any substance that inhibits this enzyme would result in a decrease in morphine's main metabolite M6G and result in a prolonging of morphine's effect. Any substance that induces the UGT 2B7 enzyme would result in a faster metabolism of the drug resulting in a shorter duration of action but increased potency. There are no known dedicated inducers or inhibitors. If you want a longer effect, but reduced potency then your one option is to use another drug that is metabolized by the same enzyme (UGT 2B7). The only drug that I can find that is metabolized similarly is mitragynine (Kratom).

Best wishes

I have an ileostomy & am finding the beads occasionally inside my output!
Is it a big no no in chewing them. They are prescribed for pain & also to slow down my bowel!

The capsules that you are prescribed are the extended released version and the bead is the delivery vehicle. Basically, the beads will slowly release their innards when in your stomach. However, I am not sure of the exact drug that you are taking. Can you please let me know the exact full name of the drug? (This should be on your Rx label) If you are taking Embeda, crushing the tablet would result in a release of the naltrexone completely counteracting the effects of the morphine. The naltrexone is only activated if the tablet is crushed, otherwise it has no effect.

Best wishes

The capsules that you are prescribed are the extended released version and the bead is the delivery vehicle. Basically, the beads will slowly release their innards when in your stomach. However, I am not sure of the exact drug that you are taking. Can you please let me know the exact full name of the drug? (This should be on your Rx label) If you are taking Embeda, crushing the tablet would result in a release of the naltrexone completely counteracting the effects of the morphine. The naltrexone is only activated if the tablet is crushed, otherwise it has no effect.

Best wishes
Thanks for getting back to me, these are Zomorph 60mg to be taken twice a day.

When was the last time your dose was increased? If you have been taking it for as long as you said then your Dr. should be open to increasing your dose as tolerance should have developed over that time. Your morphine is free of naltrexone or other active ingredients and thus you can crush it. However, since this is still an extended release variant crushing all of the granules and taking them all at once can be dangerous as you would be taking a dose intended to last 12 hours all at once. So be careful here. I wouldn't recommend crushing and taking all of the granules at once as this could result in an overdose. You do have a tolerance which should make it safer, but I would still recommend experimenting and slowing going up until you are satisfied with the effects.

Best wishes

I wish I could still get these, once I'd got the grinding perfected I loved them. I used to grind down 6x10mg and stir it into my morning coffee, awesome drug. It's disappeared now, I saw one guy with them but the price was so ludicrous that he was probably lying about even having them.