• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Zomorph Extended release morphine Advice

modgod189

Greenlighter
Hi All,

I have used extended release morphine a few times to good effect, but I'm wondering if my route of preperation and administration is giving me it's full potential.

These are 10mg gel capsules with brand name zomorph, the capsules contain small hard pellets.

I usually crush the pellets and then put them in an empty gel cap, although this way there is always a portion of the extended release balls that stay uncrushed.

Are there any other ways of more thoroughly dissolving/breaking the balls so I defeat the extended release mechanism fully?

Does anyone know what filler material is used, can the powder be insufflated safely?

Morphine insufflated has even a worse bioavailability than orally so don't snort it. The ingredients of the capsules are on the leaflet and the leaflet can also be googled. This goes for any medicine.

What Zomorph capsules contain

The active ingredient is morphine sulfate BP; each capsule contains either 10mg, 30mg, 60mg, 100mg or 200mg of this substance.

The other ingredients are sucrose, maize starch, polyethylene glycol 4000, ethyl-cellulose, cetyl alcohol, sodium lauryl sulfate, dibutyl sebacate, talc, gelatin, iron oxide ink (E172), and the following colourings:

• titanium dioxide (E171) - 10mg, 30mg, 60mg and 100mg capsules
  • quinoline yellow (E104) - 10mg capsules
  • erythrosine (E127) - 30mg capsules
  • sunset yellow (E110) - 60mg capsules.

Lots of fillers as you can see and with talc in there I wouldn't snort the beads in any case.

Maybe use a razor blade and so on? I mean... anything that can crush them would work. Why can't you keep crushing them till they are all powdered? You could also leave the beads in some coke (the drink, not the drug) and see if the acid in the coke breaks them down. I wouldn't put the powder back in gel capsules, but I would mix it with a drink and take it like that. I think it would improve onset as you wouldn't have to wait for the gel capsule to be broken down.
Zomorph are cheap for a reason - they are pretty crap to abuse IMO. I need a bunch of them just to feel anything. I prefer the MSContin tabs as far extended release ones go. I have emptied the capsules in my mouth and just used my teeth to crush the beads haha. They taste bitter but less faffing about.

Last edited:
thanks for the tips, I will try dissolving in something acidic.

crushing by hand works ok, the balls are too bouncy for a razor blade, they ping about everywhere like crazy.

It is super cheap, one step up from a CWE codeine high for me.

thanks for the tips, I will try dissolving in something acidic.

crushing by hand works ok, the balls are too bouncy for a razor blade, they ping about everywhere like crazy.

It is super cheap, one step up from a CWE codeine high for me.
Hi there, did you get any further with this? I put the beads in folded foil and go over it with a rolling pin, which doesn't exactly powder it, it just kind of stretches them into strips, that I then have to cut into tiny pieces with a razor. The end result isn't exactly hard hitting either, to the extent that I'm convinced that despite this process a lot of the remaining substance is still in ER form, just a different shape. So, I was thinking about heating them with citric acid or Cola, did you find an efficient way of converting ER to IR in the end? I'd be very interested to know how you got on.

I used to be prescribed Zomorph and I used a pestle and mortar to grind down and powderize the beads it works like a charm.

I know this reply may be futile by now….However, being used to powderising Oxycontin etc, find a large flat disc like container, or even a non threaded large bottle cap. Then with a proportionately smaller cylinder head (e.g mascara container), first press crush the beads back and forth, then switch to circularly grinding outwardly, this will do most of the work. I the. Use a threaded empty pen (biro) casing to repeat the circular spinning outwardly. This easily is enough to deem the beads defeated to an IR level. But I then chop with credit card, before either re-capsulising, or lining up for insufflation ( individuals and BA foes suggests snorting is worse, in this I disagree personally. Hope this helps with Zomorph, and frankly should help with most other pills and beaded capsules!!!!