• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Zomorph and Oramorph questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PieceByPiece

Bluelighter
I've gotten hold of some zomorph 30mg capsules. I take it they are extended release?

People say with extended/controlled release opioid pills if you crush/chew them you get the complete dose immediately rather than in a controlled way of it slowing being released into your body over a period of time, however, I read in the information leaflet that the contents of the capsule can be sprinkled on food for those unable to swallow - so I take it that even if you break the capsule open and swallow the contents it still will be controlled release regardless of if its in the capsule or not? They are like tiny little balls inside a capsule. Any ideas of making it immediate release or not?

Also i heard Oramorph is short acting morphine, but is it immediate release?

You can mix zomorph and Oramorph together?

Also when I take Oramorph, I find I get a funny feeling that starts in my legs and makes them like jelly (is that normal?) and moves upwards and consumes my whole body eventually. My heart feel funny as well. I get a funny feeling in my chest, like the feeling you get in your chest after you've been running a long time and it thumps hard.

Those are like the Effexor XR capsules I used to get. They came with a "do not crush or chew" sticker on them, so I'm assuming this would bypass the xr mechanism. Crushing them, I think, definitely would. (EDIT: Is Zomorph extended release? I can't find any information indicating it is. You can always empty IR capsules on food.)

Oramorph comes as a liquid with IR morphine and then as SR tablets, I think.

As for taking them together, they both contain morphine so it's potentially dangerous and you need to watch the dose.

The heart thing doesn't sound that normal. Especially if you only get it from oramorph and not other morphine product. What dose are you taking when you get that effect? It could be the inactive ingredients. Do you get effects like that from other morphine products or opioids?

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yeah I might try crushing them. They are 30mg pink ones and extended release. They are supposed to be taken 12 hourly.

I couldn't find any information online either. Although this is the first time I've got hold of them. I haven't actually taken a zomorph yet.

Oramorph I have the liquid which is instant/immediate release I think? I take around 50mg-60mg for a high (that's when my heart feels funny) and need around 20mg daily to avoid opioid withdrawal. (I've only just come onto to morphine from weaker opioids like codeine/DHC/Tramadol) where I was taking around 350mg codeine in one dose.

The high always starts in my legs and works upwards. My legs are like jelly and I feel strange, like every muscle is so relaxed I almost feel floppy.

I tend to mix the Oramorph with Promethazine, Diazepam, Gabapentin, Doxylamine, and Propranolol, Tramadol, Codeine, Dihydrocodeine, Lansoprazole (heard it stops the break down of diazepam keeping it you for longer). With all those drugs, I've no chance at walking. I have to stay in bed lying down to enjoy th high.

Although I never drink alcohol at all. Alcohol is not my thing. I don't like it. It's the only depressant drug I don't like.

I have unexplained tachycardia. I could be sitting down (having had no drugs) and have a heart rate of 135.

I also wanted to ask does fluoxetine inhibit morphine like it does with codeine?

I've heard morphine and fluoxetine can cause serotonin syndrome? Is that correct?

When I take the combination of drugs it brings my heart rate down to a normal rate of around 82.

The doctor says my heart rhythm is normal though.

My doctor doesn't know about my drug use. The tachycardia started BEFORE any not prescribed drug use. Porpranolol and Fluoxetine are prescribed.

The muscle relaxation would be common, especially from the combination you're taking. Yes, fluoxetine will increase morphine's effects by inhibiting it's metabolism in the liver.
I've never heard of morphine contributing to serotonin synd, rome, but my medscape app says that it does and can cause serotonin syndrome with fluoxetine. I didn't know that morphine was serotonergic, but apparently it is - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3314857/.

Have you taken morphine in a from besides oramorph? That's quite a combination too, and can be pretty dangerous - you mix them all at once?

It's hard to tell what's causing the chest feeling because of the mix and pharmacological variation.

Yeah. I heard that it could cause serotonin syndrome, but codeine doesnt? It's weird.

No oramorph is my first morphine product. I've only been using it about two months now? Before then I'd been using codeine and DHC, Tramadol for around a year.

But yes on a binge, at least once a week consists of (I MIX ALL THESE TOGETHER AT A ONCE) so I swallow around 29 pills.

40mg Fluxoetine
80mg Propranolol
40mg Diazepam
100mg Promethazine
300mg Codeine
60mg Lansoprazole
300mg Gabapentin
90mg Dihydrocodeine
75mg Doxylamine
50mg Oramorph
200mg Tramadol
30mg Cinnarizine

Once it kicks in I am extremely drowsy but enjoy fighting it, before finally giving in and can sleep for 18 hrs. But I get palpitations. I can't walk at all, if I try I just collapse/faint. My legs are completely like jelly. Always the first to go.

With my heart, I feel like I'm breathing too slowly to keep up with my heart if that makes sense so I have to take in very deep and long breathes in and out (that's before I finally give in to the sedation)

But even on just morphine without the other drugs I still get the same feeling.

And you don't get that feeling from other opioids? It could be you're just reacting badly to the morphine. And, yeah, I know that feeling. The anticholinergic effects of the promethazine and doxylamine probably don't help. I'm not sure as I have no experience with morphine and have never experienced those effects from opioids, so hopefully somebody else will chime in who can add a little more than I can. But it seems to me like the culprit is the morphine if it still happens when you take it by itself.

You could be having an abnormally elevated histamine effect from the morphine as opposed to other opioids. (http://pharmacologycorner.com/histamine-physiologic-effects/)

"Histamine enhances Ca2+ influx into cardiac myocytes, this leads to minor increases in heart inotropism (force of contraction) and in chronotropism (rate of contraction)."

The time release mechanism is contained in the beads not the capsule itself. If you crush these beads, you will be left with essentially instant release Morphine. Plan your dosage accordingly. As far as the symptoms you experience while under the influence of Opioids, they're not all that unusual. Although Opioids are depressants, when I get high sometimes, I experience Tachycardia during the "come up" (for lack of a better phrase) phase. This isn't so much the case anymore, but when I was less experienced, I would be affected in such a way.

Morphine, especially compared to other Opioids, has a tendency to produce more side-effects. Histamine-related effects are common, like itchiness, pins and needles etc. I don't think what you're experiencing is anything to worry about, in fact, it's one of my favorite things about Morphine.

The time release mechanism is contained in the beads not the capsule itself. If you crush these beads, you will be left with essentially instant release Morphine. Plan your dosage accordingly. As far as the symptoms you experience while under the influence of Opioids, they're not all that unusual. Although Opioids are depressants, when I get high sometimes, I experience Tachycardia during the "come up" (for lack of a better phrase) phase. This isn't so much the case anymore, but when I was less experienced, I would be affected in such a way.

Morphine, especially compared to other Opioids, has a tendency to produce more side-effects. Histamine-related effects are common, like itchiness, pins and needles etc. I don't think what you're experiencing is anything to worry about, in fact, it's one of my favorite things about Morphine.

Yes, I was already having issues with tachycardia and palpitations before drug use. Morphine seems to induce the Tachycardia for me right now, but still has the other depressants effects of lowered blood pressure, sedation, ect. I almost always take a good anti histamine like promethazine to combat itchiness and neusea. Although being used to high doses of codeine (which I think is the worst for histamine release), made taking morphine without an antihistamine easy. I got no neusea from morphine at all.

Does morphine withdrawal symptoms consist of tachycardia as well?

^Yes, tachycardia is one of the many hallmarks of Opioid withdrawal.

I have taken 60mg of zomorph couple if hours ago but not working on pain really running low in tramadol and gabapentin too so .... Can i smoke zomorph for instant relief or does just crushing work ?

don't smoke pills man, just crush them; more surface area means faster onset

But yes on a binge, at least once a week consists of (I MIX ALL THESE TOGETHER AT A ONCE) so I swallow around 29 pills.

40mg Fluxoetine
80mg Propranolol
40mg Diazepam
100mg Promethazine
300mg Codeine
60mg Lansoprazole
300mg Gabapentin
90mg Dihydrocodeine
75mg Dopamine
50mg Oramorph
200mg Tramadol
30mg Cinnarizine

Once it kicks in I am extremely drowsy but enjoy fighting it, before finally giving in and can sleep for 18 hrs. But I get palpitations. I can't walk at all, if I try I just collapse/faint. My legs are completely like jelly. Always the first to go.

With my heart, I feel like I'm breathing too slowly to keep up with my heart if that makes sense so I have to take in very deep and long breathes in and out (that's before I finally give in to the sedation)

But even on just morphine without the other drugs I still get the same feeling.

Dude, how the hell are you still alive?? That mix is prob the most idiotic I have ever seen!! The number of contraindications is huge!!
Seriously, are you trying to die because that is what mixing so many pharmaceuticals that you don't understand will do to you (either quickly by OD or even a stroke or heart attack or over time as it batters your organs and brain)

Anyone reading this should avoid doing anything this dumb, it WILL kill you!

There was no need to resurrect this thread. It is two years old and the initial question had been addressed. You will not be calling fellow BL'ers idiotic either. You have all the answers, do you? You've now deprived other users by depriving them of their potential spot on the front page. Nice job. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.