Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Zolpidem's interesting effect on Ketamine side effects

DrDisso

Greenlighter
Currently on the plateu of ;
10mg Zolpidem (Ambien)
and 350mg Ketamine
(High K tolerance)

This is very strange but although I'm feeling the usual effects of ketamine, the K stutter and difficulty speaking are not present.... I'm also finding it very slightly easier to type.

I've heard of Zolpidem having strange effects and being used off brand to treat certain disorders so I thought this was interesting.

I know nowhere near enough about neurochemistry to understand why this might happen but thought I'd post it for the sake of documenting this strange interaction I experienced.

Interesting. Yeah, zolpidem is the sleeping pill which wakes comatose people up but I don't know whether the mechanism for that is known. It didn't sedate me unlike its brother zopiclone. Never combined it with K and I don't get robo walk from K anyways, only in early days from DXM did I get it and general physical impairment, it went away with tolerance.

Interesting. Yeah, zolpidem is the sleeping pill which wakes comatose people up but I don't know whether the mechanism for that is known. It didn't sedate me unlike its brother zopiclone. Never combined it with K and I don't get robo walk from K anyways, only in early days from DXM did I get it and general physical impairment, it went away with tolerance.
Funnily enough the cases of people waking up from comas when given zolpidem was the reason I made this post, this weird interaction reminded me of its other strange appliactions