• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Zolpidem first time use small girl

lyn87

Greenlighter
I would like to try Zolpidem for the first time, Im 40kg Female Asian and quite small around 30 years old, want to try it when i am out to club.
I have no tolerance and have not taken any other drugs, I have some 10mg that I am thinking to cut into 1/4's.

1. I want to have a buzz but not go over the top crazy so how much should I take ?
2. What should i expect if i only take 2.5 or 5mg with nothing else.
3. If i take with alcohol how much should give me a buzz.
4. I dont want to lose my memory so what is the highest dose do you feel will work before I loose my memory.
5. should I take in 2.5mg at a time and if so how far apart.

If there are any other ladies same age as me with experience I would like to hear. otherwise im thinking of 2.5mg then wait 30mins and if ok another 2.5mg?

Please help advise!

you should not take it at a club. especially not while drinking alcohol. it?s a terrible drug for that. take it on a night in when you want to relax.

you take it at a club, you will very likely black out. at best you?ll just be tired.

i have no idea about what dose is appropriate. according to benzo equivalence charts, 5mg of ambien is nothing.

despite being scheduled, it?s not a very recreational drug.

you should not take it at a club. especially not while drinking alcohol. it?s a terrible drug for that. take it on a night in when you want to relax.

you take it at a club, you will very likely black out. at best you?ll just be tired.

i have no idea about what dose is appropriate. according to benzo equivalence charts, 5mg of ambien is nothing.

despite being scheduled, it?s not a very recreational drug.

If I take at home with someone I trust how much do Ineed to take and how. 5mg or 2.5mg. How long would it last before I can goto sleep.

You can take 5 mg about 15 minutes before going to bed. It hits pretty quickly. Although it's meant for sleep, some people like to stay awake on zolpidem. It's a hypnotic and you might do stuff that you don't remember the next day. My mom used to use this and make phone calls with no memory of the conversation the next day. That's why you should take it at home when you know you'll be safe.

I typed a response but lost it (don't ask).

Don't take it at clubs please. Definitely don't drink on it. You will have no idea what you did at the club until someone tells you the next day. You would need a sober friend that was attached to your hip if you wanted to be safe.

I took it when I was approximately your age and size. I did some really strange things and I knew nothing about it until someone informed me the next day. All I can say is thank God I had teenagers and a husband at home to keep an eye on me. The things that they told me that I did were embarrassing.

As for the amount? I was prescribed the 10 mg pills and that's what I took every night. This medicine is made to help people who have trouble falling asleep but it's not made to keep you asleep. So it wears off in 4 hours and if you are in a lot of pain like I was back then all that happened was I got a couple of hours of sleep and then I was awake at 1 in the morning for the rest of the night in pain. I just think it's kind of a sucky medicine for sleep.

I currently take 1mg of Klonopin and 600 mg of gralise (ER gabapentin) at night and I sleep all night long.

I dont understand this class of sleep medicine at all and it was the only medicine in my life that I could not control myself and took too much and steadily increased my dosages until I finally just had to quit and never take it again. The withdrawals were not pleasant so I'm glad that I was only up to 30 mg at night when I decided to stop. I found support groups of people taking 2 or 3 times what I took and they couldn't stop because the withdrawal was too hard for them to handle.

Please be careful. There are hundreds of thousands of reports of people who had the same experiences that I did so I don't think my reaction was unique.

If I take at home with someone I trust how much do Ineed to take and how.
at home, not drinking, with a friend there to prevent you from doing something harmful ? primarily to stop you from taking more ? i think taking the whole 10mg pill is fine. the key thing is take whatever amount you decide on and then do not take more.

these gaba drugs have a strange effect where they make people think they are not intoxicated when really they are very intoxicated. so sometimes people take more and more until they?ve taken too much.

enjoy.

edit:
but you should have some sort of activity planned like a movie or game because ambien is not going to keep you entertained.

Last edited:
10mg is a pretty light therapeutic dose (even accounting for your size). To get any of the hallucinogenic or dissociative effects of Ambien, you'd have to take a lot more. A lot. And I can't recommend it. In all likelihood, all taking 10mg is going to do is make you want to lay down and have a nice long sleep, which sounds antithetical to clubbing to me.

Thank you everyone for the feedback.

How long should the sitter sit before its safe?

Zolpidem is not a very recreational drug, not to say you can't get fucked up off it. But it's not like benzos, the range of effects between any lasting physical relaxation and near delirium is pretty small, and the former very underwhelming. And if aiming for relaxation the effects won't last very long nor be that enjoyable. Have you tried benzos?(xanax, valium) If so, be prepared to be very disappointed in zolpidem. And taking large doses and getting "fucked up" is something interesting to try for the novelty of it, but not a very enjoyable experience per se. It's not as simple as taking a slightly larger than normal dose and getting a benzo like buzz, that just won't happen, and if you try you are gonna end up feeling kind of trippy. It's good for getting to sleep, but if you want to relax at home, or loosen up in public then get a benzo. Benzo's were usually pretty popular among my Asian friends, because they couldn't drink, and they would give them all the positive effects from alcohol they were looking for without any of the negatives.

Last edited: