• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Zolpidem CR 12.5mg what to do?

phouse1025

Greenlighter
I have a script for Zolpidem CR 12.5mg, also a script for Zolpidem IR 10mg. I like the instant release better. Is there anything I can do to the CR's to get my desired effect? I'm a pharmacy technician so don't worry about getting too technical. We just don't discuss this type subject matter at work. Any help would be much appreciated.

Crush the pill? I dont know if it would work with Zolpidem, tho.

I've Googled it out of interest as I've never some across Zolpidem CR, I have been scripted normal Zolpidem and Zopiclone several time and found them not to be very effective for me.

It seems like there is more than one layer in the CR version, it would seem crushing will speed up release to some extent but not enough for recreational use, if the OP is just using for sleep then crushing sounds like it may be enough.

I couldn't find any technical information on the details of the slow release mechanism other than a small amount of reports about the 2 layers which I'm assuming the OP has likely already found.

I assume like so many other drugs the extended release versions seem to be more about anti-abuse than they do about the effectiveness of the drug for it's intended use, I'm currently using MS Contin for a nasty Knee injury and it's nowhere near as effective as the Oramorph and IV I was getting in hospital.

Yea I basically wanna speed up release. Make them some what equivalent to the IR's. Just wasn't sure if they were crushable. Is there much of a recreational use for these? I mean I enjoy the mild feeling of euphoria before I fall asleep, but I also pair it with 6mg of Melatonin ER because the Zolpidem doesn't have the effect it used to. I didn't know this was used very much recreationaly.

They seem to be more popular for recreational use in the States under the name Ambien, they are pretty much a Benzo although technically they are not, I'm guessing you probably understand that better than I do ;)

They come with the same issues as Benzos IME in that tolerance rises quickly, I found very quickly. The half life is also very short, used with prescribed guidelines some find them useful for sleep, I generally don't.

There is certainly no danger in crushing them and seeing if that speeds up the release enough for your usage but if you found the IRs better for sleep I would go back to my doctor and ask for them again.

They seem to be more popular for recreational use in the States under the name Ambien, they are pretty much a Benzo although technically they are not, I'm guessing you probably understand that better than I do ;)

They come with the same issues as Benzos IME in that tolerance rises quickly, I found very quickly. The half life is also very short, used with prescribed guidelines some find them useful for sleep, I generally don't.

There is certainly no danger in crushing them and seeing if that speeds up the release enough for your usage but if you found the IRs better for sleep I would go back to my doctor and ask for them again.
How can a sleeping pills be used for recreational purposes? It just makes me sleepy.

Could you be more specific?

Well when you take it about 30 minutes/hour later you should full to sleep (depending upon the individual of course). If you are using it for the right reasons (what it is made and prescribed for).

But if you can get through that falling asleep part (caffeine etc) you get to a stage where you no longer feel like sleeping and you feel good and trippy like. Everything feels like a dream, you may even get visuals. You also may do some weird shit like walk around with not many clothes on etc. It feels like being in dream state, maybe like sleep walking. But u feel good.

When people discovered how to do this and started using the drug for recreational purposes some people did some crazy things and it became publicised(e'g Australin swimmers at the Olympic Games one year) and then the government made it not as accessible. Also I think the dosage of pills was halved fro 15mg to 7.5mg in some countries.

If I had to compare the high to another substance possibly rohypnol or clonazapm, Xanax etc. You feel chilled and good.

I heard about it mate but I can't risk it. 20mg Zolpidem +6mg Bromazepam + 100mg Amitriptyline give me around 4-5 hours of sleep. That's the only combination that still works.

Fight the sleep and watch what happens lol
Zolpidem’s disinhibition and amnesia effects are very real. In the past I had taken DMT unconsciously under the influence of Zolpidem. Like after the pill kicks in, I find it very hard to control my impulses. I will “think” about DMT laying around and next thing I know I’m already doing DMT. Worst part is, the next morning I don’t even remember doing DMT or anything under the influence of the drug. I once called my mom under the pill influence and spit out bunch of incoherent nonsense. The next day she called me and was very concerned, but I couldn’t remember a single thing I did (couldn’t even remotely remember calling my mom, but the call logs did show I called). I lowered my dose from 10mg to 5mg and these effects minimized (did not completely go away). I try to not touch my phone or get out of the bed once I knew Zopidem onset has started. (which is usually ~20mins after I take the IR pill).