• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Zolpidem and the risk of crime/violence

Memantine

Bluelighter
Each time I take a high dose of zolpidem it makes me very active but also delusional and amnestic. How great is the chance of doing things you really going to regret once the intoxication is gone (things like violence or even murder)?

Extreme high id take it wakeup covered in pee and my room a mess with no memory and I move on I don't remember watching

Yeah I'd be careful a good friend of mine got 3 years in prison cause of ambien. Robbed a gas station .. sad thing is he didn't even need the money had like 3 Grand in his car. The video from inside the store was terrible. He left his car keys on the counter...

Put it this way its high enougb that given unlimited free supply and i like the effects I wouldnt touch it because of legitimate fear ill wakeup the next day and ruined my life and I dont even remember doing it.

I can tell you from personal history that you will remember nothing and that it turns the part of your brain off that says I don't like that or don't do that. The shit is Satan pressed in to a little tiny pill.

Memantime, if you're prone to delusional thoughts, I think it's a good idea to take less zolpidem or use a different medication. It's not uncommon to have amnesia-like effects but you don't want to end up like Relapz's friend. Stay safe!

I have taken up to 60mg for recreational purposes and did nothing more than watch TV and eat a lot of food. Then slept like a baby.

Great for bodybuilding lol. But I could definitely see some people getting in a car etc..

To provide a scientific reason for this is that zopiclone is pure alpha BZD containina alpha 1 subunit agonist, which whould enhance synaptic dopamine levels. All the other benzodiazepines are just relatively nonselective in their agonism of the receptors so they can sometime elicit this effect, the z - drugs and alcohol and barbiturates have a much higher incidence of these types of side effects.

To estimate to the risk, you really can't, as it extremely high in individuals very prone to those behvaiors anyway (which isn't really common is it?) on high dosages of amnestics - anticholinergics, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, ethanol, etc., to low to non-existent in others.

It runs the gamut. It's just variable.

Last edited:
The blackout from xanax is scary enough that's why I pay close attention to my tolerance nowadays. This drug you guys speak of sounds like straight trouble, no thanks