• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Zolpidem and alcohol

hipsterbuddha

Greenlighter
I've taken zolpidem (brand name Ambien/Stilnox) some times already for my insomnia, usually before smoking a bowl, so I can head straight to bed

Would it be wrong to take it with alcohol in my blood from hours earlier? I have a dinner tonight and I'm probably going to drink a beer or two. I've taken zolpidem hours after consuming little amounts of alcohol no problem, but this time I don't know how much time I will have between my alcohol consumption and the meds.

Anybody have experiences with situations like that? I'm not binge drinking or partying or taking any other drugs besides that (perhaps going to smoke a bit though).

Thanks for your ever so helpful input :)

I think you will be okay if you limit it to a couple beers with your dinner. Just make sure that when you take it, you are ready to go to bed.

I think you will be okay if you limit it to a couple beers with your dinner. Just make sure that when you take it, you are ready to go to bed.
Thank you for your reply

I had a couple beers with dinner and ate quite a lot so I decided to wait a bit before taking it. Only felt a bit of a stomach ache the first minutes but I'm certain that was due to how much I ate. Needless to say I was knocked out and ready to sleep after 10mg and I woke up 8h later, refreshed as usual.

Thank you for your answer regardless!