• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Zoloft and LSD interaction?

shitkickinbamf

Greenlighter
I take Zoloft 100 mg each morning, and have been doing so for about two and a half months now. I'm getting some LSD later this week, and was wondering if there would be any adverse effects that I should be aware of, between the Zoloft and LSD?

I take Zoloft 100 mg each morning, and have been doing so for about two and a half months now. I'm getting some LSD later this week, and was wondering if there would be any adverse effects that I should be aware of, between the Zoloft and LSD?

There shouldn't be any adverse effects, but its well known that SSRIs tend to reduce the effectiveness of hallucinogens.

G,day shitkickenbamf, I was on Zoloft years ago and I used to regularly do LSD and never found it to be a problem. However, everyone does react differently, so as always start small. Enjoy.

So far I'm feeling pretty okay with trying it. The only reason I asked, is because I read a trip report on another website in which the guy had a horrific trip, and he claimed it was due to the Zoloft he had started taking 2 days prior to the trip.
Zoloft takes anywhere from 3-5 weeks to start taking therapeutic effect. So blaming it on the zoloft didn't add up, in my opinion. But I figured I better ask anyways. I'd rather be safe, than sorry.

The only interaction I've ever read about is that SSRI's may make psychedelics less effective. I think you're right to assume the zoloft and the bad trip were probably coincidence in that case.