• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Zac Efron admits needing rehab

poledriver

Bluelighter
Zac Efron admits needing rehab

Just months after the drug-related death of Glee actor Corey Monteith, it's been revealed that High School Musical star Zac Efron had to be resuscitated after a big night of partying.

The news came to light after Efron admitted this week that he had been an outpatient at a drug rehab clinic in March.Originally it was believed it was for alcohol addiction but now gossip sites say it was for cocaine and other drugs.

People magazine says he also has a problem with "Molly" or "MDMA", a form of ecstasy.

The National Enquirer is claiming that in January Efron overdosed on a prescription painkiller, oxycodone, and had to be resuscitated by party guests.

Oxycodone also has the nickname "Hillbilly heroin".

Zac Efron under a drug abuse cloud. Photo: Getty Images

The magazine claims to have a picture of Efron at the event, in which he is supposedly seen passed out at the Thompson Hotel. It quotes a source claiming Efron asked guests to bring 40 pills with them, estimated to cost $1200 in total.

According to TMZ, in March Efron had several weeks' treatment at a private residence.

But after reportedly getting himself off the drugs, Efron is said to have suffered a relapse when he started shooting Seth Rogen's movie Neighbors in April. It was claimed he missed several days of filming the comedy because of the relapse.

After shooting finished, Efron sought outpatient treatment for his addiction and has been drug free ever since.

While Efron has yet to comment on his reason for going into rehab, he told reporters at the Toronto International Film Festival recently: "I'm good, real good".

His Parkland co-star Marcia Gay Harden said: "The fact that he's seeking help only says great things about him".

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/cel...eding-rehab-20130926-2ufzi.html#ixzz2fydNh4Wo

It seems like its trendy to have a drug addiction now and go to rehab. Wtf. Am i losing or something? Growing senile? Thats the second time on bl today i read hillbilly heroin. I havnt heard that tossed around in ages.

Lol a form of a ecstasy when do they get these reporters? Mentally challenged facilitys or something

It makes sense the general public does not know much about these drugs.

sadly because they believe all the bullshit thats written in newspapers. I swear everyweek theres an article about ''New dangerous drug X'' that has been around for 10 + years and that pretty much every drug user knows about. And shit like ''crystal meth and methamphetamines are two different drugs'' doesnt make it better.

I wasn't sure what oxycodone was but when he said hillbilly heroin the lightbulb came on. Why are people referring to ecstasy as molly now? It's been called fucking Ecstasy since the 80's. The name even describes the effects.

^ You joking about Oxy bro?
I guess people aren't calling it ecstasy anymore because that was supposed to be MDMA and "molly" is just whatever someone can press into a pill and sell to retards who don't know any better and who buy it because it's so fucking cool to be on "molly" right now.

Zac Efron under a drug abuse cloud eh? Dunno who the fuck he is but I'd sure like to see a drug abuse cloud. We just get rain clouds.

^ You joking about Oxy bro?
I guess people aren't calling it ecstasy anymore because that was supposed to be MDMA and "molly" is just whatever someone can press into a pill and sell to retards who don't know any better and who buy it because it's so fucking cool to be on "molly" right now.

Ya just joking. Never once heard it called hillbilly heroin by anyone that wasn't in the media.

What I don't understand is what's so "hillbilly" about it
Costs a hell of a lot more than H in my experience xD

^Then you don't have enough experience with either....

lol 4O PILLS 1200 DORRAH? WADDAFARK

Not really, it's true
I don't know many people who sell though either
good to know I've been getting ripped off, but not nearly as badly as you said lol

Last edited:
reita, I misread your post aha.

^^^^Dis. At least from NC I can verify. I know because I helped get Boone/App St supplied with tar & I'm in AVL.