• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Your opinion on Dubbed movies...

PurpleKush1

Bluelighter
What do you think about it? Personally i hate dubbed movies and id rather not watch then watch it dubbed. Makes me want to pull my hair out. I will always watch a movie in the language it was made. If i dont speak it, subtitles time. But fuck watching a chinese movie in English, the real ''realism'' a movie has is jsut gone when thats the case.

For example i cant stand watching a english movie Dubbed in russian (which i speak fluently) with the same idiot with a monotone voice dubbing every voice there is and ruining the whole movie and not getting half the lines correctly. Youid have to be reaaaaal wasted to watch that but it would end up with passing out imo. SO what are your views?

It depends on the translation and voice acting.

ebola

^ That's true. Cowboy Bebop is the best dubbed anime I've seen, and Martyrs (a French horror film) has a really great dubbed version.

But for the most part, I prefer subtitles.

Timecrimes has a good dub. Oh and Kung Fu Hustle. I prefer to just use English subtitles, because the dubbing really stands out in most foreign movies.

I agree that some movies have good dubs but i still will watch them with subs. Almost all the english movies dubbed in frecnh in canada are unwatachable, dont get how peoploe can spend a 10 dollar on audio torture lol .

But fuck watching a chinese movie in English, the real ''realism'' a movie has is jsut gone when thats the case.

I like kung fu movies dubbed because that's how I grew up watching them.

I'm not presently sure if the Chinese make any other type of movie.

I like kung fu movies dubbed because that's how I grew up watching them.

I'm not presently sure if the Chinese make any other type of movie.

Most of the chinese kung fu movies ive seen i could either find a dubbed version or a subs one....io rpefer the subs. They dont talk much during the crazy fights lol

I won't watched dubbed at all. Even though the dubbed dialogue is often smoother than the subbed translation, it's too much to deal with the fucked-up juxtaposition of English dialogue on something that's totally not English. I'd kill for film subbers that are on the same level as the people who translate literature, or at the very least willing to use more fitting words. What grinds my gears is that the American continent, on the whole, is so spectacularly illiterate that the most fitting words will be met with utter confusion and send people scurrying for their dictionaries. Hundreds of years of brilliant new words to better describe shit and it's fucking lost on most people who will um and ah every time they're asked to describe something they saw because actually reading a fucking book and learning some new words at some point in their lives was too goddamn much to ask. And I'll be made the cunt for getting upset about it.

It depends on the translation and voice acting.

ebola

This.

Sometimes it's better to watch dubbed animes/movies cause I hate having to read the subtitles it makes my head hurt lols.

I won't watched dubbed at all. Even though the dubbed dialogue is often smoother than the subbed translation, it's too much to deal with the fucked-up juxtaposition of English dialogue on something that's totally not English. I'd kill for film subbers that are on the same level as the people who translate literature, or at the very least willing to use more fitting words. What grinds my gears is that the American continent, on the whole, is so spectacularly illiterate that the most fitting words will be met with utter confusion and send people scurrying for their dictionaries. Hundreds of years of brilliant new words to better describe shit and it's fucking lost on most people who will um and ah every time they're asked to describe something they saw because actually reading a fucking book and learning some new words at some point in their lives was too goddamn much to ask. And I'll be made the cunt for getting upset about it.
I agree 100 %
This.

Sometimes it's better to watch dubbed animes/movies cause I hate having to read the subtitles it makes my head hurt lols.

I know what you mean, but in my case i cant help but notice the details and that the mouth mvoements dont correspond to what theyre saying and it pisses me off. Just like a unwell synched movie both are irritiating as fuck

PurpleKush1 said:
cant help but notice the details and that the mouth mvoements dont correspond to what theyre saying and it pisses me off. Just like a unwell synched movie both are irritiating as fuck
This is why most live-action movies, even if dubbed well, are inferior to subtitled music for my taste. One of the factors that can make me lean the other way is beautiful visuals in foreign movies with dialogue over them. I don't mind reading subtitles except when dissociatives are making me see double, but I do mind reading them when doing so makes me miss aesthetically pleasing scenes or miss visual storytelling. Animated movies dubbed well are perfectly fine, as the lack of sync isn't nearly so obvious. Most Studio Ghibli films have been dubbed by professional actors since Disney is loaded and they take care of the U.S. releases so those are solid dubs. A lot of other anime, even high-profile older anime like Ghost in the Shell, has pretty bad dubbing (at least compared to the subs).

I'm against it. Why can't we just read? Generally, the only reason I can see a purpose for it is if the movie is for little kids.

I guess some people are just slow at reading. Sometimes I rewatch scenes ignoring the subtitles and catch a lot of little details in the backdrop that I missed. The backdrop is seldom of any significance in contemporary American films but foreign cinematography often holds those granular visual elements in higher regard and makes inventive use of them.

I usually hate dubbing but there are exceptions. Polish dubbing of Shrek is actually better than the original.

Are many films in the US (or other English-speaking countries) dubbed? In Poland most foreign productions on TV have a Polish voice-over, which is even worse, as it makes music impossible to hear (voice-over is much louder then the sound in the film, so sound volume has to be adjusted to the voice-over), not to mention emotions in the actors' voices. That's why I don't watch TV at all.