• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ Your most beloved trip companion

My cat Leeroy. Best trip sitter ever. He's like an anchor for me when things get intense. He can always tell when I'm having a challenging trip, he will immediately lay down next to me and purr.

tuqgyc8brr581.jpg

I'm not sure how to post pictures on BL
But I lost my cat after 18 years and he was my everything.....meant more to me me than friends and family.
That cat was my rock through so many hardships.....I'd give up up 10 years of my life gladly if I could have one more with him.....his picture is my phone background and my my computer background.....that cat was cut from a very rare and very holy cloth.

I'm not sure how to post pictures on BL
But I lost my cat after 18 years and he was my everything.....meant more to me me than friends and family.
That cat was my rock through so many hardships.....I'd give up up 10 years of my life gladly if I could have one more with him.....his picture is my phone background and my my computer background.....that cat was cut from a very rare and very holy cloth.
18 years is a good ol' life, and for your cat to have spent it with someone so appreciative and loving was a massive blessing for him as much as he was for you. When we really bond with an animal its...well it's impossible to describe to anyone who hasn't. There's another animal friend waiting for you mate, I'd bet heavily on that.

On topic - My cats make themselves scarce until after the peak of a trip, and then the're all cuddly/purry for the remaining time (hours if we're talking lsd...)

My most beloved trip companion is...my trip companion! Only person I've trippped with for a long ass time...we've probably had 15 ish high dose psyches together (plus probs a dozen 'magic' mdma sessions a couple of decades ago too)

Been very close friends for 25 years and I'm totally certain that our absolute trust and our experience in navigating other worlds together facilitates ridiculously stronger trips than usual (for example 250ug lsd with her gives an affect I'd expect at more like 4-500, and I'm clued up re dosage and get accurately laid tabs (+/-10ug)...both skilled at the letting go business too which obviously helps

There's a suggestion that I might take a trip with someone else though in the near (ish) future...in the next 6 months maybe, but we'll see. That will be an interesting one 'cos it would be with a relative... if that goes down will probably go for lower dose than usual so perhaps 100ug lsd or a couple g shrooms.

18 years is a good ol' life, and for your cat to have spent it with someone so appreciative and loving was a massive blessing for him as much as he was for you. When we really bond with an animal its...well it's impossible to describe to anyone who hasn't. There's another animal friend waiting for you mate, I'd bet heavily on that.

On topic - My cats make themselves scarce until after the peak of a trip, and then the're all cuddly/purry for the remaining time (hours if we're talking lsd...)

My most beloved trip companion is...my trip companion! Only person I've trippped with for a long ass time...we've probably had 15 ish high dose psyches together (plus probs a dozen 'magic' mdma sessions a couple of decades ago too)

Been very close friends for 25 years and I'm totally certain that our absolute trust and our experience in navigating other worlds together facilitates ridiculously stronger trips than usual (for example 250ug lsd with her gives an affect I'd expect at more like 4-500, and I'm clued up re dosage and get accurately laid tabs (+/-10ug)...both skilled at the letting go business too which obviously helps

There's a suggestion that I might take a trip with someone else though in the near (ish) future...in the next 6 months maybe, but we'll see. That will be an interesting one 'cos it would be with a relative... if that goes down will probably go for lower dose than usual so perhaps 100ug lsd or a couple g shrooms.
Unbelievably the link I put up (which was working) is already not working.....I guess I'm too old to figure out how to post pics on BL.
It actually made me cry when I clicked on it because it worked before and me and that cat were so close...there are no words...he'd just look at me and I'd know what hw would want....miss him so much!

Last edited:
I'm very sorry for your loss. That's how my cat and I are, I was there when he was born and his first time up and walking as a 2 week old, he walked out of the bedroom all the kittens and mama (she was my other cat, who passed in 2020, that god awful year), and our gazes locked right then and it was like the world stopped for a second... he walked straight over to me, climbed my leg, and then my chest (I was sitting on the couch), and nuzzled my face. I was instantly head over heels, and so was he. My girlfriend calls him my familiar (like a wizard's familiar). He has been with me my entire adult life (he was born just before I graduated college), through everything. He's 17 now. He has been insanely healthy and spry, to the extent that my vet said she would never have aged him at 17, were she to have been asked to age him, she would have put him at 10, tops, and his bloodwork is good even for a 10 year old cat. The vet had to ask me if I was sure, and I said yes, I know the day he was born. My girlfriend's cat is 10, and my cat seems much younger.

But yesterday I had a huge scare... he hadn't been eating as well, and he wasn't acting right. He was straining to squeeze out tiny bits of watery poop. So I took him in. He is experiencing intestinal thickening, with abnormal layering. And he's in a lot of pain. They said it's either IBD (autoimmune chronic inflammatory bowel disease), or Lymphoma (cancer). The vet said that he's too old to do any of the treatment options, and that we should just try to make him comfortable and treat the symptoms and hope he can live for a while longer. I was shocked, 3 weeks ago the vet told me that he was shockingly healthy and all of his blood work came back great (this was when they told me he had good bloodwork even for a 10 year old cat). Then, when we got home, he seemed aged, and wouldn't purr, and wouldn't eat a single bite of food all day. He hadn't eaten more than a bite that day since I'd brought him in, and barely any the day before, either. I started to try to prepare myself for if it was his time. Fuck man. It was the absolute worst day. I did get an antibiotic that is a gut anti-inflammatory as well as gabapentin for paid and an anti-nausea med (the antibiotic has its most often side effect as nausea)

This morning he still wasn't eating so I brought him in again and got another doctor, who is his most often doctor at the place I go and is most familiar with him. She said let's give him a steroid shot and IV fluids, and an appetite stimulant. I took him home and he immediately started chowing down and ate a lot of food, and then started acting way more normal, he was purring and talking again (he is the most vocally expressive cat I've ever met). But then after some hours, he seemed like he was walking stiffer and he started tremoring on and off, like rapid shaking of the head and legs. I thought he might have a seizure at one point and I went through it all again. Now, he seems more normal again.

I don't know what to do. I really hope it's not cancer but the only way to know is to get a biopsy which requires invasive surgery and I don't know if I should put him through that. Plus chemo, if it is cancer. The vet did say it looks more like IBD from the ultrasound, but who knows.

I have known for years, of course, that it was coming, but I'm not ready. I won't ever be ready. He's my special guy and I know I will have more animal loves - I love animals very quickly - but I also know that none will ever be on this level, and I will miss him always.

...But yeah, to stay on topic, he's one of my favorite tripping companions. My other is probably my good friend, the way we both trip just jives perfectly and we have the best conversations and the best combination of silliness and seriousness, and great adventures.

I'm very sorry for your loss. That's how my cat and I are, I was there when he was born and his first time up and walking as a 2 week old, he walked out of the bedroom all the kittens and mama (she was my other cat, who passed in 2020, that god awful year), and our gazes locked right then and it was like the world stopped for a second... he walked straight over to me, climbed my leg, and then my chest (I was sitting on the couch), and nuzzled my face. I was instantly head over heels, and so was he. My girlfriend calls him my familiar (like a wizard's familiar). He has been with me my entire adult life (he was born just before I graduated college), through everything. He's 17 now. He has been insanely healthy and spry, to the extent that my vet said she would never have aged him at 17, were she to have been asked to age him, she would have put him at 10, tops, and his bloodwork is good even for a 10 year old cat. The vet had to ask me if I was sure, and I said yes, I know the day he was born. My girlfriend's cat is 10, and my cat seems much younger.

But yesterday I had a huge scare... he hadn't been eating as well, and he wasn't acting right. He was straining to squeeze out tiny bits of watery poop. So I took him in. He is experiencing intestinal thickening, with abnormal layering. And he's in a lot of pain. They said it's either IBD (autoimmune chronic inflammatory bowel disease), or Lymphoma (cancer). The vet said that he's too old to do any of the treatment options, and that we should just try to make him comfortable and treat the symptoms and hope he can live for a while longer. I was shocked, 3 weeks ago the vet told me that he was shockingly healthy and all of his blood work came back great (this was when they told me he had good bloodwork even for a 10 year old cat). Then, when we got home, he seemed aged, and wouldn't purr, and wouldn't eat a single bite of food all day. He hadn't eaten more than a bite that day since I'd brought him in, and barely any the day before, either. I started to try to prepare myself for if it was his time. Fuck man. It was the absolute worst day. I did get an antibiotic that is a gut anti-inflammatory as well as gabapentin for paid and an anti-nausea med (the antibiotic has its most often side effect as nausea)

This morning he still wasn't eating so I brought him in again and got another doctor, who is his most often doctor at the place I go and is most familiar with him. She said let's give him a steroid shot and IV fluids, and an appetite stimulant. I took him home and he immediately started chowing down and ate a lot of food, and then started acting way more normal, he was purring and talking again (he is the most vocally expressive cat I've ever met). But then after some hours, he seemed like he was walking stiffer and he started tremoring on and off, like rapid shaking of the head and legs. I thought he might have a seizure at one point and I went through it all again. Now, he seems more normal again.

I don't know what to do. I really hope it's not cancer but the only way to know is to get a biopsy which requires invasive surgery and I don't know if I should put him through that. Plus chemo, if it is cancer. The vet did say it looks more like IBD from the ultrasound, but who knows.

I have known for years, of course, that it was coming, but I'm not ready. I won't ever be ready. He's my special guy and I know I will have more animal loves - I love animals very quickly - but I also know that none will ever be on this level, and I will miss him always.

...But yeah, to stay on topic, he's one of my favorite tripping companions. My other is probably my good friend, the way we both trip just jives perfectly and we have the best conversations and the best combination of silliness and seriousness, and great adventures.
Oh dude I understand where you're at so we'll and it breaks my heart...
My cat was very sick for years, had like 6 operations (mostly digestive issues) and when he got sick the the last time around Xmas....I just absolutely new I couldn't put him through anymore suffering by trying to extend his life further....by then he looked deathly and I just couldn't put him through the stress of going to the vet.
I'm very fortunate that my vet will come to your house to put your pet down after a quick examination and it's obvious the animal is that ill.
I'm so sorry for what your going through but I KNOW you gave thst cat the most wonderful life !
I remember hearing this weird saying as a kid that when you doe, there will be a river you come to and on other side is all of the aminals you've cared for are on the other side and THEY decide if you get to cross to the other side....that always made me smile because I also just fall in love with my friends pets like 10 seconds after meeting them.
I love animals profoundly and I know how hard it is to loose a really special one❤

My cat is lovely if I'm on acid but won't go near me when I'm on DMT. (4aco)

Oh dude I understand where you're at so we'll and it breaks my heart...
My cat was very sick for years, had like 6 operations (mostly digestive issues) and when he got sick the the last time around Xmas....I just absolutely new I couldn't put him through anymore suffering by trying to extend his life further....by then he looked deathly and I just couldn't put him through the stress of going to the vet.
I'm very fortunate that my vet will come to your house to put your pet down after a quick examination and it's obvious the animal is that ill.
I'm so sorry for what your going through but I KNOW you gave thst cat the most wonderful life !
I remember hearing this weird saying as a kid that when you doe, there will be a river you come to and on other side is all of the aminals you've cared for are on the other side and THEY decide if you get to cross to the other side....that always made me smile because I also just fall in love with my friends pets like 10 seconds after meeting them.
I love animals profoundly and I know how hard it is to loose a really special one❤

I love that. :) And yeah I'm the same way, I fall in love with animals immediately. They're so pure in how they interact with you. If you can be on the level with them and show them respect, and they love you back, it's an amazing thing.

Well my kitty guy is recovering. He's got a chronic intestinal issue, it's either IBD (the vet thinks most likely), or cancer. I'm not going to put him through an invasive surgery to get a biopsy... I would probably if it wasn't a surgery, but it is... 'and even then, if it was cancer he would need chemo and stuff. Instead he's going on an oral steroid and we may wean him off that and onto cyclosporine once he's under control. He's feeling pretty good right now, it seems. Back to his normal self, almost. He isn't trying to fight my girlfriend's cat, for the first time. The diarrhea is gone and his poops are firming up and going back to a normal amount (twice per day).

Hell of a scare. :| He's not only a good tripping buddy, he's the best animal friend I'll ever have.

My absolute #1 favourite tripping companion was my best friend Dan (tripnotyzm), who passed away 5 years ago. I haven't tripped since. It just doesn't feel right. I will trip again, when the time feels right 💚💜💙
I also really fucking loved tripping with my boyfriend Tim (DexterMeth) for anyone who remembers him. He was SO MUCH FUN to trip with. He's now passed as well, 8 years ago....
*sigh

Crazy how many we've lost... <3